Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2010, 10:40 AM

81 posts, read 174,282 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone.

First I would like to thank jdljr for all the help he has offered to us. And it appears he does this on his own time too!
If I knew how to nominate him for Employee of the year, I would do it in a flash.
Beginning back in January I have read every page of this thread, and found answers to all my questions from within them when I was unsure of something.
Thanks to everyone that has returned to tell the outcome of their situation.

Now, the reason I have registered to post here.
The Pull Forward now appears to be completely automatic with no need to call or email.
My case is much the same as Frrrunkis as far as dates, year1 going onto Tier2 and then being taken off of it and starting year2, exhausting it and going back to what was left on teir 2 from year1. My last payment for year2 was paid on the 25th. I got a letter a couple days ago saying my year2 was complete (mailed on the 24th). Today I got my letter explaining how I am now back on Tier2 and I file as normal.
I did not have to make any contacts about this and didn't plan to unless I had heard nothing by the end of next week. It is seamless and shouldn't cause any delay in payment for anyone that is qualified for the Pull Forward. My weekly amount is now again the rate of my year1 (I got a raise, hehe).

I hope this will help to ease tension for those about to end year2 that feels thay still have something left on tier2 from year1. You should be all set to go without delay and without needing to contact a soul about it.

I hope restarting Tier2 goes as smooth for you as it has for me.
Good luck on finding a job and lets all pray the economy soon gets back to normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 03:37 PM

3 posts, read 5,628 times
My question is along the same lines that everyone else has had, but I just want to bring mine forward because I'm kind of going nuts about it. My first benefit year was from October 08 to October 09, and through that time I had my regular benefits, Tier 1, and part of Tier 2. Opened a new benefit year in October 09, finished the regular claim for that, then was told I was not eligible for Tier 2, but the next day got a revision that gave me Tier 2. It was also giving me the payments from year 1, lets call it 100$, as opposed to the payments I was getting in year 2, 80$. My Tier 2 runs out May 17, which to my knowledge is inside the current extension. Has anyone else in this situation gone from Tier 2 to Tier 3? I'm starting to get concerned, especially since I haven't even had an interview for 2 months and things aren't exactly looking too bright right now. I was not eligible for Tier 2 on benefit year 2, so I guess I did the pull forward thing since I was eligible in year 1, is Tier 3 going to work along the same lines as Tier 2 where I will qualify based on the first year? I'm slightly freaking out, so any information could be helpful, especially since the NCESC can't give me much help on the matter.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:54 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
Hi everyone.

First I would like to thank jdljr for all the help he has offered to us. And it appears he does this on his own time too!
If I knew how to nominate him for Employee of the year, I would do it in a flash.
Beginning back in January I have read every page of this thread, and found answers to all my questions from within them when I was unsure of something.

The Pull Forward now appears to be completely automatic with no need to call or email.
My case is much the same as Frrrunkis as far as dates, year1 going onto Tier2 and then being taken off of it and starting year2, exhausting it and going back to what was left on teir 2 from year1. My last payment for year2 was paid on the 25th. I got a letter a couple days ago saying my year2 was complete (mailed on the 24th). Today I got my letter explaining how I am now back on Tier2 and I file as normal.
I did not have to make any contacts about this and didn't plan to unless I had heard nothing by the end of next week. It is seamless and shouldn't cause any delay in payment for anyone that is qualified for the Pull Forward. My weekly amount is now again the rate of my year1 (I got a raise, hehe).

I hope this will help to ease tension for those about to end year2 that feels thay still have something left on tier2 from year1. You should be all set to go without delay and without needing to contact a soul about it.

Good luck on finding a job and lets all pray the economy soon gets back to normal.
First off, thanks for posting and explaining your pullforward situation
I hope mine will be seamless also., my situation is the same as Jskins was.
I pullforward at the last week of May, during the "new" extension cutoff(once again)
I may have a little longer to wait and may have to make a contact at that time.
Guess, I'll find out in several weeks

Old 04-29-2010, 04:00 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_In_SC View Post
My question is along the same lines that everyone else has had, but I just want to bring mine forward because I'm kind of going nuts about it. My first benefit year was from October 08 to October 09, and through that time I had my regular benefits, Tier 1, and part of Tier 2. Opened a new benefit year in October 09, finished the regular claim for that, then was told I was not eligible for Tier 2, but the next day got a revision that gave me Tier 2. It was also giving me the payments from year 1, lets call it 100$, as opposed to the payments I was getting in year 2, 80$. My Tier 2 runs out May 17, which to my knowledge is inside the current extension. Has anyone else in this situation gone from Tier 2 to Tier 3? I'm starting to get concerned, especially since I haven't even had an interview for 2 months and things aren't exactly looking too bright right now. I was not eligible for Tier 2 on benefit year 2, so I guess I did the pull forward thing since I was eligible in year 1, is Tier 3 going to work along the same lines as Tier 2 where I will qualify based on the first year? I'm slightly freaking out, so any information could be helpful, especially since the NCESC can't give me much help on the matter.
hi! Jdljr,will hopefully be on here later to clarify anything I may say in error
However,
I believe you should go straight into tier 3, seems like you did qualify for tier 2 in year one and then you should transiiton into tier 3 and then tier 4, won't be as many weeks , but will still be the same weekly amount.
Sounds like you'll beat the deadline in May, so just keep filing and it should slide over without a hitch
Goodluck!

Old 04-29-2010, 05:20 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,438,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
Hi everyone.

Thanks for your nomination.

Yea, the pull forwards are automatic as far as I know. I got an email yesterday that said 1,087 claims had been "pulled forward" Tuesday night. So they are either running a program to identify those that need it, or have already programmed the system to identify those that need it when Tuesday rolls around.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_In_SC View Post
First, that revision letter you got was revising your Tier 2 from your first benefit year to include the "14th week" legislation that was signed in November. So it was not NEW Tier 2, but the amount of your original Tier 2 had been revised.

Yes, if you exhaust your Tier 2 by May 17th you should roll right into Tier 3 automatically. I say SHOULD because the system SHOULD allow this, but sometimes claims get "stuck" and need manual intervention to get them going, but 95% or more claims transition on their own automatically.

Yes, if you had a pull forward of your benefits from your first benefit year, then your weekly benefit amount reverts back to that of your first benefit year for all subsequent extensions.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:17 AM

2 posts, read 3,519 times
Well I sent an email in regards to non payment of my processed EUC weeks. They adjusted my EUC from 4/18 to 4/4 which is the day after my UI completion of 4/3. I got paid for that week but still have 2 weeks outstanding. I'm not going to worry about it until this Sunday when I file my weekly cert. But HOPEFULLY this is my last week to file. Everyone keep fingers crossed I have an interview today that looks very promising. I put the application in to this particular Company back in October of last year. Got the call yesterday and have the interview today. A friend of mine works there and really pushed me through. Thank God for friends and hoping beyond hope that I don't have to fill out anymore applications and weekly certs. Will keep everyone posted either way.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:55 AM

3 posts, read 5,176 times
I've found this forum very helpful so far and now I've got a question I don't remember seeing on here. I know there's a requirement to notify the ESC that I've been offered a job, but I don't know the particulars. I interviewed for a job earlier this week and signed an offer letter Wednesday, but I was not given a copy of the form and when signing the form I noticed that it did not specify a start date, I assume since it was contingent on the results of a drug test and background check. I got a call today (Friday) saying that I go in for orientation next week on Tuesday. So, who do I call and what exactly do I tell them, i.e. that I got an offer on Wednesday, but didn't find out when it would start till Friday, or just say that I officially got my start date on Friday?

Also, this job is part time and pays less than half of what my weekly unemployment payment is. I know I'm supposed to keep looking for work if I want to continue to receive unemployment and the payment will be offset by whatever amount I go over my weekly earnings allowance, and I do fully plan to keep looking because I don't want to be stuck in this job forever. My second question is: what happens unemployment-wise if I leave this part time job. I know that if it was a fulltime job or a job that paid more weekly than unemployment would, then I would have to go with adjudication if I decided to just leave, but given that this job pays less weekly than unemployment and is part time, what are the rules concerning leaving it? Yes, I know it's early to ask about leaving the job before I've started it, but I'd like to know in case I absolutely hate the job or end up constantly working crappy hours. Thanks!

Old 04-30-2010, 07:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,633 times
Hello Everyone:

I will exhaust my regular (26 weeks) of Florida unemployment on May 29th 2010. Does anyone know if this bill or any other bill, help me and others who will exhaust their regular unemployment benefits. I called customer service and they told me I did not qualify because i will not exhaust my benefits by may 22nd. Sooo confused!!

Old 04-30-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarg View Post
I've found this forum very helpful so far and now I've got a question I don't remember seeing on here. I know there's a requirement to notify the ESC that I've been offered a job, but I don't know the particulars. I interviewed for a job earlier this week and signed an offer letter Wednesday, but I was not given a copy of the form and when signing the form I noticed that it did not specify a start date, I assume since it was contingent on the results of a drug test and background check. I got a call today (Friday) saying that I go in for orientation next week on Tuesday. So, who do I call and what exactly do I tell them, i.e. that I got an offer on Wednesday, but didn't find out when it would start till Friday, or just say that I officially got my start date on Friday?

Also, this job is part time and pays less than half of what my weekly unemployment payment is. I know I'm supposed to keep looking for work if I want to continue to receive unemployment and the payment will be offset by whatever amount I go over my weekly earnings allowance, and I do fully plan to keep looking because I don't want to be stuck in this job forever. My second question is: what happens unemployment-wise if I leave this part time job. I know that if it was a fulltime job or a job that paid more weekly than unemployment would, then I would have to go with adjudication if I decided to just leave, but given that this job pays less weekly than unemployment and is part time, what are the rules concerning leaving it? Yes, I know it's early to ask about leaving the job before I've started it, but I'd like to know in case I absolutely hate the job or end up constantly working crappy hours. Thanks!
Really, I don't know that it's necessary to notify ESC of a start date if it's a part time side job and you're going to continue to search for full time employment while continuing to certify each week. Folks are encouraged to take part time employment (thus the earnings allowance) while searching for full time employment. If, though, you do end up keeping this job and you decide that you're ok with part time employment, so your regular and customary time base becomes part time (as opposed to full time), you'll need to stop doing your weekly certifications, as unemployment is not designed to supplement part time employment.

Keep up the work search and report all earnings, before taxes, and all should be ok. As far as leaving the job, I'll be honest that I'm not entirely sure whether or not that would have to be used as your last employer. I don't believe so since you'd be continuing to file each week and it really is a part time side job and not intended to be your new, replacement employment. But I could be wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina