Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2010, 04:59 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
Thanks!

Are you having any luck?
I think you said you are in medical and wanted to transition to office work in the same field. Have you thought about filing claims at home? I keow a woman who did that and made GREAT money! She tried to convince me of that 10 years ago but at the time I just couldn't sit at a computer all day, I do not type very fast and do not know medical terminology. I should have went to nursing school.
HI!
Just read your previous post and like you , I thought you'd transition straight into tier 4..???
I also don't undertsand about the partial pymt. on the last week..?
If I have 8 weeks left on my yr. one tier 2 benefits, then will my last week of tier 2 only be 1/2?
Just don't get it at all this time., the amount I have left )dollar wise divides perfectly into 8 weeks not 7 1/2., was yours the same?

OK, been through nursing,(non -RN) ,worked various aspects of it for many MANY years., have had 2 severe back injuries throughout all that time... not too bad considering my age now.

However and a BIG however, It's left me unable to work on my feet for long durations ect.....
Also, do too nerve damage, I don't have full use of my right hand(at times), not real good for hands on with patients
Long story short, I'm NOT disabled and have no real office experience., limited computer skills, but working on that , lol!
I am willing to pay cut down to filing, billing ect....
Trouble is, so are many, many and there are alot less job openings that you'd expect these days.
I feel I lost my 2nd interview to somebody else yesterday, I got the old line... You'll recieve a letter within 1-2 weeks scenario.

My classes I wish to take in June, would allow me to possily fine tune use my blurred med terminology skills, its been so many years since school, ha!
Possibly work a job of that nature... so fingers crossed.
I'm still not hearing anything about the extension date for benefits getting moved ahead from May.
I have 3 weeks left til my UI is totally OUT!
Right at the lovely cutoff date.... nerves ,nerves, nerves.
Have you heard anything ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 05:04 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,498 times
Quote:
Ok I got a response to the email that said:
"The week ending 5/8/10 was the last week of the 3rd tier of EUC. Because EUC benefits are a percentage of your regular UI benefits, the last week is always a partial week."

I sent this:
"So are my benefits exhausted or will I get tier4? If so for how many weeks? Just trying to plan."

They responded:
"You will just need to keep filing. If you are eligible, your claim will automatically transition to the next applicable extension"

But if my file says benefits exhausted, will the system allow me to file? It didn't before when there was a mistake made. What does she mean 'if you are eligible"? I thought if you qualified for tier 3 you also qualified for tier 4. Is that not the case?

Thanks again for all your help. My local office is not at all helpful. When I needed my EUC pulled forward they told me they didn't know anything about pull forwards and NEVER return my calls.
Yes, keep filing each week, even if your online account and the automated system said benefits exhausted. At this point, you have "exhausted" your previous tier, but still have Tier 4 to draw from, so you're not fully exhausted.

Yes, if you qualify for Tier 1, you qualify for all the tiers, provided you remain otherwise eligible. There is more to determining eligibility than just monetary...available for work, seeking work, part-time earnings, not refusing work, etc. Remember, you could fall off a ladder tomorrow and break your legs and not be able to work...you wouldn't be eligible for UI.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:51 AM

177 posts, read 304,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Yes, keep filing each week, even if your online account and the automated system said benefits exhausted. At this point, you have "exhausted" your previous tier, but still have Tier 4 to draw from, so you're not fully exhausted.

Yes, if you qualify for Tier 1, you qualify for all the tiers, provided you remain otherwise eligible. There is more to determining eligibility than just monetary...available for work, seeking work, part-time earnings, not refusing work, etc. Remember, you could fall off a ladder tomorrow and break your legs and not be able to work...you wouldn't be eligible for UI.
Thank you. Yes I understand the work search requirements. And I will stay off of ladders.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:57 AM

177 posts, read 304,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
HI!
Just read your previous post and like you , I thought you'd transition straight into tier 4..???
I also don't undertsand about the partial pymt. on the last week..?
If I have 8 weeks left on my yr. one tier 2 benefits, then will my last week of tier 2 only be 1/2?
Just don't get it at all this time., the amount I have left )dollar wise divides perfectly into 8 weeks not 7 1/2., was yours the same?

OK, been through nursing,(non -RN) ,worked various aspects of it for many MANY years., have had 2 severe back injuries throughout all that time... not too bad considering my age now.

However and a BIG however, It's left me unable to work on my feet for long durations ect.....
Also, do too nerve damage, I don't have full use of my right hand(at times), not real good for hands on with patients
Long story short, I'm NOT disabled and have no real office experience., limited computer skills, but working on that , lol!
I am willing to pay cut down to filing, billing ect....
Trouble is, so are many, many and there are alot less job openings that you'd expect these days.
I feel I lost my 2nd interview to somebody else yesterday, I got the old line... You'll recieve a letter within 1-2 weeks scenario.

My classes I wish to take in June, would allow me to possily fine tune use my blurred med terminology skills, its been so many years since school, ha!
Possibly work a job of that nature... so fingers crossed.
I'm still not hearing anything about the extension date for benefits getting moved ahead from May.
I have 3 weeks left til my UI is totally OUT!
Right at the lovely cutoff date.... nerves ,nerves, nerves.
Have you heard anything ?
I havent heard anything and have actually been looking every other day or so. I am praying for you and all the others in your position. I do not understand why they don't just say everyone who starts UE will get all the extensions. When the UE level goes down they can withdraw it then.

I know I am very lucky to have a lead on work finally. I worry about those who have exhausted everything and still have no options. How will they live?

Anyway, good luck with school and the deadline.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:28 AM

23 posts, read 101,181 times
I got a JOB yesterday!! Only $9.50 an hour but I am glad to have it! Question to JDLJR, My take home pay will be $380 a week. My EB is $494 with $214 earnings allowance. Will I still receive the balance of $328 a week of EB? Also, do you report your earnings when you work or when you actually get paid? Thanks so much for you attention! One more thing, I have an intersatate claim that is in FL so am waiting for the gov. to sign into law the EB bill turning it on from March 2nd til June 5th. I got my 2weeks max only due to interstate claim until this law passes. Any info is much appreciated!

Last edited by sfhamm; 05-12-2010 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: added content

Old 05-12-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Thank you. Yes I understand the work search requirements. And I will stay off of ladders.
No climbing tree's either!!>

Old 05-12-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
I havent heard anything and have actually been looking every other day or so. I am praying for you and all the others in your position. I do not understand why they don't just say everyone who starts UE will get all the extensions. When the UE level goes down they can withdraw it then.

I know I am very lucky to have a lead on work finally. I worry about those who have exhausted everything and still have no options. How will they live?

Anyway, good luck with school and the deadline.
(((Thanks))))
I'm a FIRM believer in prayers!
There's hope yet

Old 05-12-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhamm View Post
I got a JOB yesterday!! Only $9.50 an hour but I am glad to have it! Question to JDLJR, My take home pay will be $380 a week. My EB is $494 with $214 earnings allowance. Will I still receive the balance of $328 a week of EB? Also, do you report your earnings when you work or when you actually get paid? Thanks so much for you attention! One more thing, I have an intersatate claim that is in FL so am waiting for the gov. to sign into law the EB bill turning it on from March 2nd til June 5th. I got my 2weeks max only due to interstate claim until this law passes. Any info is much appreciated!
(((Congrats))) on the job!

Old 05-12-2010, 11:22 AM

23 posts, read 101,181 times
Thank you!!

Old 05-12-2010, 04:41 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhamm View Post
First, when you report your weekly earnings, it needs to be GROSS (before taxes). You mentioned $380 take home pay, but the amount that would need to report would be BEFORE taxes, not the take home amount. However, I think the $380 IS actually your gross amount (40 * 9.50) now that I think about it.

I will check with someone in my office tomorrow just to be sure, but assuming this is a permanent, full-time job, you may need to stop filing your weekly certifications. Not sure, since it is actually less than your UI amount. But I'll try and remember to check on it and will report back here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina