Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 10:52 AM

55 posts, read 66,306 times

Advertisements

look on the bright side we will get all 12 weeks in one check lol lol lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 10:52 AM

174 posts, read 313,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCEB View Post
They cleared the Friday cal. and moved it all to Tuesday. Why would they even schedule a session? Unless they are going to do the same as they did with h383. Who knows? When your dealing with what seems to be a bunch of pissed off 2nd graders you can't really tell whats going to happen next.
this has truely been a joke. What it has shown is that we should NOT depend on government for anything. It's like depending on your pet to cook dinner and clean the house while you're gone. If it doesn't fit their personal agenda, then it will get done whenever they feel like it.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:55 AM

264 posts, read 363,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
The vast majority of us are with you here stromcloud. Right now there are some whose needs are so great that it is hard to see past the situation and the problems that will arise later. We cant fault them really, most of us would be in the same situation.
My heart goes out to those who are against the wall. For those who qualify, please apply for food stamps so that nobody goes hungry. I believe there are low limits on assets (includes retirement accounts) that prevent many from qualifying.

In addition to the lack of compassion, this EB situation demonstrates that the legislators in Raleigh aren't too good at doing the math, either. EB is federally funded; as has been repeated umpteen times, it won't cost the state a cent. This increased demand for food stamps and other emergency services will, however, cost the state plenty.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:56 AM

69 posts, read 83,735 times
Quote:
I got the time to get on the audio, they are really going at each other over a bill about deducting dues from teachers.
The unemployed have suffered needlessly and now they are griping about teachers which are the lowest paid professionals today and on and on it goes.

What is so hard to cutting back on television, new shoes, all the anemities in our prisons?? Cut those folks off first and then let us tallk about teachers. If I am wrong so be it but quite frankly I am way tired of the malarky being sent out of Raleigh concerning the most important resources we have which is people and our children.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:56 AM

174 posts, read 313,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettoize View Post
look on the bright side we will get all 12 weeks in one check lol lol lol
Unfortunately not me. Plus I'm making too much in part-time work now, so even if they did change things for the ones that don't get it, I seriously doubt the ESC will sit down and work out the time I didn't have enough part time work. They will just go on what I'm doing now. I really feel for those that will noly get one check once things are fixed. if it does take until July then that number might be equal to the original 37000.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:58 AM

230 posts, read 275,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazeja View Post
Unfortunately not me. Plus I'm making too much in part-time work now, so even if they did change things for the ones that don't get it, I seriously doubt the ESC will sit down and work out the time I didn't have enough part time work. They will just go on what I'm doing now. I really feel for those that will noly get one check once things are fixed. if it does take until July then that number might be equal to the original 37000.

If you have been filing weekly then it will automatically be calculated. It goes based on what you made then, not now.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
If you have been filing weekly then it will automatically be calculated. It goes based on what you made then, not now.

Well with one exception, if you were not an EBer at the time this happened then I have no clue what will happen for you 8(.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:00 AM

26 posts, read 31,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg69innc View Post
Sorry folks but I just have not heard that confirmation concerning a stand alone bill. Let us all not forget that a stand alone bill is a one day bill and could have and should have solved our headaches long ago. So I just dont understand how w can say a one day bill will be in effect next week.

I have my fingers crossed and I am hoping but we cannot afford to let our guard down as we are literally starving here and need to hammer it home to these folks hey guys you like it or not work for us the unemployed the ones that hired you to cut taxes, entice companies to do want to do business in and with North Carolina.

We are also taxpayers and we have an equal voice as everyone else does.

Well, I heard it from Rep Stagler over the phone. Those were his exact words. He could be lying, who knows. I choose to have hope, other than to shoot it down. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darla111 View Post
Well, I heard it from Rep Stagler over the phone. Those were his exact words. He could be lying, who knows. I choose to have hope, other than to shoot it down. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Well in a few minutes we will know if you are on the house audio.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:02 AM

69 posts, read 83,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazeja View Post

You are so right and when I get a nice check I still wont have a job and not having my benefits now allowing me telephone and gas is not helping me at all. I think we are up to six weeks now so I am looking at 1800.00 but with only a few weeks left. Who knows where I'll be soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina