Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 05:47 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,302,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I love the assumptions made by many here that these protestors didn't vote. None of you know that. Neither do I. So let's not lambast them for something that may not in fact be true.
You are right. I can't really dispute your comment because what you say is true. I am making an assumption. But I am not wrong about Hispanic voter apathy in this state. Whether those people are actually protesting can't really be proven. Nonetheless, part of my rant is to galvanize and encourage the Hispanic community to take these comments personally and use it as fuel to be active voters in the next election. Had the Hispanic community actively voted in the last election, the state would have likely gone Blue.

Nonetheless, you have to ask yourself, where were these protesters prior to the election. Their efforts would have been better spent advocating voting and teaching the community how to register to vote and how to register for early ballot. Maybe some television ads or tents or booths around the city educating people on the voting process. I didn't see anything like that a year before the election and that is pathetic particularly in a state like this where more than 1/3 is believed to be Hispanic. I didn't see that in television ads or organizational efforts around the city. That is far more productive than these stupid Trump rants and blocking the road. To me these efforts are about venting and fruitless. They benefit no one. The real efforts should have been made prior to the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 03:58 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,374,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Actually there has been some evidence out there that they are actually being employed to protest. Not sure if it is true or not...but it is out there. May just be "Alternative Facts"

We know that the Hillary campaign was paying people to protest and disrupt Trump events. That is indisputable fact. George Soros-backed groups have been paying people to protest for some time. When I was living north of Denver, I remember seeing ads recruiting protestors for the Occupy movement. $50/day plus a catered lunch.

Old 02-22-2017, 04:51 PM

22 posts, read 37,393 times
I stand with the protesters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-22-2017, 05:18 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2spirals View Post
I stand with the protesters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time to sit down. This protest is over.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:45 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,647,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
We know that the Hillary campaign was paying people to protest and disrupt Trump events. That is indisputable fact. George Soros-backed groups have been paying people to protest for some time. When I was living north of Denver, I remember seeing ads recruiting protestors for the Occupy movement. $50/day plus a catered lunch.
Lol how gullible. Fake news.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:49 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,353,101 times
Seems like a pretty compassionate and humane list of viewpoints.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:43 AM

22 posts, read 37,393 times
I don't live in AZ yet but I am a far-left liberal. Will I have a hard time in AZ? That is where we're moving to. I'm originally from WA, and now live in UT where it is not liberal friendly at all... Yuck. Can't wait to get out of here.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:51 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,961,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2spirals View Post
I don't live in AZ yet but I am a far-left liberal. Will I have a hard time in AZ? That is where we're moving to. I'm originally from WA, and now live in UT where it is not liberal friendly at all... Yuck. Can't wait to get out of here.
You'll be fine depending on where you move.

i.e. if its Phoenix stick with Phoenix, Tempe, Glendale; SW Valley; Northern/Western Chandler; Tucson; Flagstaff.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:06 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,427,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Playing the odds, it's a good assumption bet.

Voter turnout at 20-year low in 2016 - CNNPolitics.com

We will have to agree to disagree. Many of those who are politically active/interested and participate in demonstrations DO vote. We just don't know, and should not assume.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:09 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,427,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
"voter suppression": The belief that minorities are so helpless that they can't find an MVD, open a door and fill out paperwork ONCE for a State ID or AZ Driving License that is valid until they are 65 years old.

See Also: Inability to receive mail or have access to the Internet to register for Early Voting (voting by mail) or access to the Service Arizona website to register to vote.
There's more to voter suppression than that. Just ask Helen Purcell. If you can find her. There are worse issues in other states than here, but don't think we are immune.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area