Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 02:21 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,987,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Do you not find it offensive in relation to two women? I ask because many people seem to only care about (and/or mention) gay MEN, while I noticed a lot more lesbians marrying during the time it was allowed here in CA.

P.S. Your desire to squelch personal freedoms and to treat gay Americans like second-class citizens offends me, so I guess you can't please everyone. Does your being all butt hurt outweigh my feelings?
No, it's equally offensive.

What freedom am i squelching? I don't write laws or enforce them.

Or is it my free speech that takes away your perceived second class position?

Pride much?

Old 05-10-2012, 02:22 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post

Pride much?

I dont pride at all, I am straight in my sexuality. but I also believe that marriage shoud stay out of the hands of goverment and only be in the hands of churches.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I dont pride at all, I am straight in my sexuality. but I also believe that marriage shoud stay out of the hands of goverment and only be in the hands of churches.
Well i think it should only be in the hands of the man and woman that choose to be married.

If two men or two women want to call themselves married, it's up to them.
But then again, there are plenty of people that call themselves gay, that are not the least bit happy.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:26 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
P.S. Aren't conservatives always the ones who yammer on about "there is no right to not be offended," and tell everyone else to "get over it" when they're offended by something. But now we're suddenly supposed to care about your feelings? Sorry, but you can't have it both ways.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
P.S. Aren't conservatives always the ones who yammer on about "there is no right to not be offended," and tell everyone else to "get over it" when they're offended by something. But now we're suddenly supposed to care about your feelings? Sorry, but you can't have it both ways.
What if i'm Bi-political...

Old 05-10-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:

No, but your support of them keeps these discriminatory laws on the books, despite growing support of the issue.

Quote:

Pride much?
Uhhh, I'm not gay... I just don't believe in trying to dictate who other adults should or shouldn't marry, and this has nothing to do with "free speech." Nobody is saying you can't state your opinions, but when those opinions become law it's a whole different ball of wax.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
No, but your support of them keeps these discriminatory laws on the books, despite growing support of the issue.
Wrong again, i have no political power or desire to get in the mud with those vermin.

Quote:
Uhhh, I'm not gay... I just don't believe in trying to dictate who other adults should or shouldn't marry, and this has nothing to do with "free speech." Nobody is saying you can't state your opinions, but when those opinions become law it's a whole different ball of wax.
Then i can't state them? Cuz someone else gave in to a stupid idea?

WOW! America would have never come into being....

Old 05-10-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
What if i'm Bi-political...
Then as my mother says about bisexuals, you're just being greedy.

You're clearly a social conservative, though, and those are the people who constantly telling others to quit whining about being offended.

Last edited by gizmo980; 05-10-2012 at 03:02 PM..

Old 05-10-2012, 02:53 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Marriage is ordained by God between one man and one woman.. nothing else. It has been this way for thousands and thousands of years all around the world.

Gays want to redefine a term that is God given and blessed of God only for the power to run over what God has put in place here.

They believe not in the bible, for if that was so , they would reject homosexuality as it is an abomination. This president will in his stand of marriage has taken a non Christian stance on homosexual marriage. No surprise because Obama is NOT a Christian.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Then as my mother says about bisexuals, you're just being greedy.

You're clearly a social conservative, though, and those are the people who constantly telling others to quit whining about being offended.
Well, i think i'm more of a get all gov't out of my bidness...

As to offense. I hold Marriage up there pretty high on the stable society charts.

Look what happens to a country when the family is destroyed by sensualism, and a do it, if it feels good mentality.

Marriage is the cornerstone of family strength. All the rest is nothing more than this false sense of equal and fair BS, that does nothing for the country or us as a people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies