Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 03:00 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Well, i think i'm more of a get all gov't out of my bidness...

As to offense. I hold Marriage up there pretty high on the stable society charts.

Look what happens to a country when the family is destroyed by sensualism, and a do it, if it feels good mentality.

Marriage is the cornerstone of family strength. All the rest is nothing more than this false sense of equal and fair BS, that does nothing for the country or us as a people.

So are you one of the same people who deride the gay community as hedonistic, irresponsible people.... whilst denying the opportunity (and attendant social pressure) through marriage and community stability?

Expanding marriage strengthens marriage. Many nations and states have proven as much. I don't know why this is so difficult for so many to grasp?

Old 05-10-2012, 03:00 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Wrong again, i have no political power or desire to get in the mud with those vermin.

Then i can't state them? Cuz someone else gave in to a stupid idea?

WOW! America would have never come into being....
You can say whatever you want... and as I said, it only becomes an issue IF the opinions translate into laws. So if you're not personally voting on or supporting anything legally, we have nothing more to discuss - knock yourself out.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Marriage is ordained by God between one man and one woman.. nothing else. It has been this way for thousands and thousands of years all around the world.

Gays want to redefine a term that is God given and blessed of God only for the power to run over what God has put in place here.

They believe not in the bible, for if that was so , they would reject homosexuality as it is an abomination. This president will in his stand of marriage has taken a non Christian stance on homosexual marriage. No surprise because Obama is NOT a Christian.
Do you ever get sick of regurgitating this nonsense, and have you still not learned that we don't live in a Christian theocracy? You even say it right in this post, so why do you still feel laws should be based on only YOUR beliefs?

Earth to Taratova: If marriage was all based on G-d and Christianity, Atheists and people of other religions (like myself) shouldn't be allowed to marry either. Do you support banning non-Christian/church marriages? If not, you are a gigantic and very confused hypocrite.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:09 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,539,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I think the term flip flopping is just propaganda anyway. Doesn't really mean anything, people who don't change with the times, rethink bad decissions don't belong in a presidential seat. We don't need any hard core fools afraid of change in the white house anymore. I'm glad if it's a none issue, it's always been for me. I don't know anyone who's taken that statement seriously. On either side of the fence.
I guess we'll see whether I'm right or wrong in November.

And, sorry, you guessed wrong. I'm not a Mormon.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Well, i think i'm more of a get all gov't out of my bidness...
Then I assume you believe marriage shouldn't be sanctioned by government, rather than "it should only be sanctioned for these people and not those?"

Quote:
As to offense. I hold Marriage up there pretty high on the stable society charts.

Look what happens to a country when the family is destroyed by sensualism, and a do it, if it feels good mentality.

Marriage is the cornerstone of family strength. All the rest is nothing more than this false sense of equal and fair BS, that does nothing for the country or us as a people.
Meh... straight folks have been doing a terrific job of destroying marriage all by themselves! Why not give gay couples a chance? As I've said about gay adoptions, when somebody wants something badly enough to fight for it, often facing serious and violent opposition, you have to think they'd prove to do a decent job. I'd rather have them marrying and adopting/having kids than some of the straight morons I've seen doing these things - and royally screwing up their children in the process.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:15 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,987,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
So are you one of the same people who deride the gay community as hedonistic, irresponsible people.... whilst denying the opportunity (and attendant social pressure) through marriage and community stability?
A piece of paper will do what? Create a stable community? Nope...
Will it keep people chaste to one another? Nope...

It takes a belief and commitment to the other person for that to happen. And seeing it takes a Man and Women to Marry legally. Gay wants don't factor into the Marriage arena.

Quote:
Expanding marriage strengthens marriage. Many nations and states have proven as much. I don't know why this is so difficult for so many to grasp?
Agreed, i've said as much. A man and woman have to be committed to that institution for it to be realized.

We have seen the pain and suffering of our society when that commitment is not taken seriously.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:15 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Do you ever get sick of regurgitating this nonsense, and have you still not learned that we don't live in a Christian theocracy? You even say it right in this post, so why do you still feel laws should be based on only YOUR beliefs?

Earth to Taratova: If marriage was all based on G-d and Christianity, Atheists and people of other religions (like myself) shouldn't be allowed to marry either. Do you support banning non-Christian/church marriages? If not, you are a gigantic and very confused hypocrite.
Just wondering........... is there any other book as old as the Bible that discuss marriage? What marriage is to be like?

Old 05-10-2012, 03:16 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,793,794 times
So are we saying Obama can not change his mind because he is a President? How many times has your opinions or decision alter via education or situation(s)?

Old 05-10-2012, 03:17 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,987,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Then I assume you believe marriage shouldn't be sanctioned by government, rather than "it should only be sanctioned for these people and not those?"
Nope, i think gov't has no business in Marriage matters.

Quote:
Meh... straight folks have been doing a terrific job of destroying marriage all by themselves! Why not give gay couples a chance? As I've said about gay adoptions, when somebody wants something badly enough to fight for it, often facing serious and violent opposition, you have to think they'd prove to do a decent job. I'd rather have them marrying and adopting/having kids than some of the straight morons I've seen doing these things - and royally screwing up their children in the process.
yep they have, and the movement to legalize gay marriage is the result of our moral decay in the Marriage institution.

This country is on it's last breath, and the future of gay marriage will be short lived. We are headed for destruction.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:20 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Just wondering........... is there any other book as old as the Bible that discuss marriage? What marriage is to be like?
Graeco-Roman Marriage Papyri
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies