Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 03:43 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Offense to the definition and the tradition. IF it didn't matter, it would not be a topic of discussion.

Your desire to call two men together a marriage is offensive to many, many people.
So? I, too, get "offended" - I get very offended by bigotry.

Is the fact that I find bigotry offensive going to change anything? Will it stop people (you) from being bigoted?

I happen to find narrowminded and bigoted people way more offensive than the idea of marriage equality and fairness for all. Are my "feelings" any less valid than yours?

Old 05-10-2012, 03:43 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Hey, Taratova (and whoever else wants to respond) - could you please post the New Testament or Hebrew Bible passages where it specifically states "MARRIAGE is only to be allowed between a man & woman?" I admit I'm not that well-versed on the NT, so I would like to see where it defines marriage as such.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:47 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
You either think ALL AMERICANS should have the same civil rights or you don't.
I agree, and I applaud Obama for taking the stand he did.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:49 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,610,711 times
Quote:
It's Evolution, not progression.
That all depends if you include advancement. I do. We've advanced in my opinion. Maybe not yours. You might think we are digressing. That's not my deal, it's your opinion.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:51 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Why do gays insist on taking the term marriage.. what is wrong with civil union? The gays are the ones who are not satified with the term civil union.

We Christians know that the term marriage is only for one man and one woman.

It is God's definition of the word marriage that the gays are trampling on. But God knows who respects his definition and who does not.
Ever hear of separate but equal?
separate but equal - Legal Definition
It didnt work out real well the first time around, you wanna do it again?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
Albert Einstein

Old 05-10-2012, 03:59 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
Gays don't want to be "second class citizens"? Got news for you- we are all second class citizens. IF you want human rights and real civil rights - you had better address human rights issues...as long as these issues are pigeon holed into groups and sub-groups..The powers that be will continue to abuse us all.

Fight for general human rights- we are all prisoners of corrupt and selfish leadership. Forget about being pandered too and being made dupe....recognize the fact that in the end they will crap on all of us. Time to join the human race and resist oppression in all forms- mental- financial- social - spiritual...All of us are losing our freedom in increments - This gay marriage business is just a deflection away from important issues such as the bankruptcy of America and the continued plundering of the nation by those within.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:02 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Gays don't want to be "second class citizens"? Got news for you- we are all second class citizens. IF you want human rights and real civil rights - you had better address human rights issues...as long as these issues are pigeon holed into groups and sub-groups..The powers that be will continue to abuse us all.

Fight for general human rights- we are all prisoners of corrupt and selfish leadership. Forget about being pandered too and being made dupe....recognize the fact that in the end they will crap on all of us. Time to join the human race and resist oppression in all forms- mental- financial- social - spiritual...All of us are losing our freedom in increments - This gay marriage business is just a deflection away from important issues such as the bankruptcy of America and the continued plundering of the nation by those within.
I can't really argue with that, so maybe we should qualify the statement with "they shouldn't be made second to heterosexuals."

Old 05-10-2012, 04:21 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
It's Evolution, not progression.
Which in this context means flip/flopped for political gain.

You see, for sycophantic 0bama supporters, its 2007 all over again, and whatever 0bama said, declared, promised or supported since then, no longer exists, cuz if any of it actually mattered, he would be finished, washed up, laughed at, and sent packing.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:24 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post

Gays can do whatever they want, no one prevents them from buying food, going to work, driving a car, they have the same rights as any other person. Gays can get married, no one is stopping them, just don't demand that we all endorse it thru government.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:44 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,686,951 times
The luxury of being liberal is you can change, in fact if you don't you are not a liberal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies