Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2012, 09:24 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
No, I'm in my rented basement room and I pay for the crappiest internet service in North America. But I'm using it to earn my poverty level income, so I literally need it to eat and keep a roof over my head.

I got my computer without paying cash, I earned it by volunteering at a nonprofit that recycles computers.

I 'm not buying it.
No matter your income there is no way that you can not come up with the very small amount needed (if indeed needed at all) to secure and ID.

I know better from first hand experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 09:32 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Tell you what Buddy, if you really and truly can not afford the $18 the birth certificate and the $18 ID fee private message me.

There is an on-line process at Texas Vital Statistics

Here's how to apply for a birth certificate off-line

I am also willing to help you find someone in your community to physically get you to those places too - just PM me.
I love it! You're calling his bluff.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:32 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
There is no such thing as an "invalid reason" to not have one.
...and that's the best you can come up with?

Old 08-13-2012, 09:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Hey. Do you RWNJ's realize that if you get an Government ID the government not only knows where you live but more importantly it knows you exist. To regulate something you have to first know it exists. You guys fight gun registration with all your might but you support registering yourselves? Why?

Old 08-13-2012, 09:37 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
My mother is passed. And when I go to the liquor store and pay cash they don't ask for my ID.
Sounds like some people need ID's and some people get by in life without IDs
and those who get by W/O, shall not vote..
The only reason to oppose having ID to vote, is so the democrats can fill the polls with illegals, no other reason..
Another example of the corruption of the obama WH

Old 08-13-2012, 09:38 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
Then to balance out your charge against the GOP, you must admit that the progressives 'feed upon' the minoritties, and those with lower iqs. Only that explains the demagoguing - pushing granny off the cliff - that is the stock and trade of progressives in this country. The minorities and those with lower IQs will vote progressive if enough half-truths, distortions and damn lies are fed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yes. I'm fully admitting that those disenfranchised would more likely to be minority, have lower IQs, and more likely to vote Democratic.

You don't need to be a brain surgeon to know the GOP despises the poorest of the poor

It may be that you have a lower IQ that you can get that this has nothing to do with the "average" IQ of "liberal" voter compared to "right wing" voter.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:42 AM

390 posts, read 265,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Hey. Do you RWNJ's realize that if you get an Government ID the government not only knows where you live but more importantly it knows you exist. To regulate something you have to first know it exists. You guys fight gun registration with all your might but you support registering yourselves? Why?
Who says your home address must be on your ID? I do not receive mail at home, instead I use a rental mailbox that appears like an apartment address (123 Happy St, # 789) and that is the address that appears on my license.

People are already "registered" when they are very young since their parents apply for an SS number on behalf of the child.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:49 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Why should people who are deliberating hiding from our government and the rest of society be allowed to vote for government officials who are representing the rest of us? If you want to go underground and live off the grid, fine... but don't mess with our election process.

Either you are with us and a productive part of society, or you are not.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:49 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
If you have no fixed address and only own what you can cart around with you, it's pretty much impossible to get an ID in some states (such as New Jersey).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Most people in retirement and nursing homes usually don't have a state id or a drivers license, and for lots of them it would be a nightmare getting them to the DMV. Lots of retirees past driving age don't have id either.
Seems to me that the homeless street folks and those in nursing homes are'nt the type that are going to the polls anyway. Many of those in the nursing homes no longer have the mentality to vote.

I live in a rural area and even here we have repetative government transportation services that take poor, elderly and handicapped folks where ever they need to go. There are also (and I have done this myself) volunteers that will transport people to and from the polls and do whatever is necessary to get people registered and able to vote. So I dont buy into this ID hardship. Whats the big deal with getting an ID. Most people need an ID for various transactions in their daily lives. Again, if your the type person that never needs ID for anything then your probably not the type person that keeps up with politics or really cares enough to get out and vote.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:51 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:

Don't concern yourself, the government is already well aware of all of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies