Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2007, 01:18 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,264,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Question: Can a person who is charged with murder (in any degree) of a pregnant female, also be charged with murder of the unborn child she is carrying?
Yes, for example Scott Peterson in the murder of his wife Lacy and her unborn son. There was also a more recent case in Ohio where a police officer murdered his fiancee and her unborn baby who was charged w/double murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 01:20 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,472,901 times
What is really interesting are that all those here arguing vehemently for abortion, for terminating life are here because they were not aborted. How’s life?

Old 10-18-2007, 01:23 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,514,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
What is really interesting are that all those here arguing vehemently for abortion, for terminating life are here because they were not aborted. How’s life?
And some of them are here only because an unwanted pregnancy prior to their own was aborted.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:26 PM

236 posts, read 442,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Your representation of "most women" and my questioning of that now equates to me refuting that there was ever a stigma on unmarried pregnant women? I wonder if you realize WHOSE rules those women were playing by.

If you really want to know, my beef was with your use of "most women" - first of all, you don't know how many women who had abortions did so because of that specific reason. Secondly, no one appointed you their mouthpiece. Perhaps you should have used "some women" but when you are going to state a preponderance I would suggest you cite some unbiased facts to support your statement.
Quote:
How am I being silly? Those were serious questions, and valid. Our troops are in a situation of being involved in a preemptive attack, under the command of another. They are not defending themselves, they are the aggressors. If you believe in the death penalty, how do you resolve that with your belief that an embryo has a right to live, come hell or high water?
If our military refused to do what they were told every time they disagreed with an order we would not have a military. If you want to debate that some other time I welcome it. A monster who has committed a crime punishable by death deserves it. I sure in the heck do not want a child molester, rapist, or murderer having a chance to come out and offend again. Howdo any of these compare to the murder of a innocent child?

Old 10-18-2007, 01:28 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,311,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Yes, for example Scott Peterson in the murder of his wife Lacy and her unborn son. There was also a more recent case in Ohio where a police officer murdered his fiancee and her unborn baby who was charged w/double murder.
Thank you for your response.

Now, how can that happen UNLESS the unborn child is considered a "Life"?

Old 10-18-2007, 01:32 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,264,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Thank you for your response.

Now, how can that happen UNLESS the unborn child is considered a "Life"?
Exactly. I don't know any MDs who don't believe this.

And along the same lines do you ever wonder why there as so few doctors that perform abortions?

Old 10-18-2007, 01:34 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,484,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
If our military refused to do what they were told every time they disagreed with an order we would not have a military. If you want to debate that some other time I welcome it. A monster who has committed a crime punishable by death deserves it. I sure in the heck do not want a child molester, rapist, or murderer having a chance to come out and offend again. Howdo any of these compare to the murder of a innocent child?
Your steering around the point, but that is to be expected. You know good and well that we as a country have no business in Iraq, and a preemtive strike is anything but "defending ourselves".

How do you know that a clump of tissue is an innocent child? Hitler, Timothy McVeigh, Pol Pot, and Stalin all started out as a clump of tissue too. What a shame their mothers didn't have an abortion.

If those who believe that life begins at conception, then please answer me this - why is it that if a woman has a miscarriage in her first trimester, there is no Christening, no funeral?

Old 10-18-2007, 01:36 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,472,901 times
Quote:

And along the same lines do you ever wonder why there as so few doctors that perform abortions?

Ron Paul had delivered enough babes he is totally against abortion. Most doctors will not preform abortion because they know it is life.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:38 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,514,179 times
Quote:
Not even Doctor Tiller???

Quote:
They don't like being shot at or having their personal info posted on the internet in a threatening manner, and there's a lot more money in plastic surgery.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:42 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,311,776 times
Quote:
If you believe in the death penalty, how do you resolve that with your belief that an embryo has a right to live, come hell or high water?

In the case of our military, the troops are all volunteers - they made a CHOICE to join the military - and, they new the potential dangers

As for the Death penalty, the criminal made a CHOICE - to commit the crime or not that resulted in the death penalty being carried out

What CHOICE does the unborn child have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies