Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2007, 09:48 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,246 times

Advertisements

The Cult of the Fetus has returned to this board.

Cult of the Fetus « Scholars and Rogues
//
Last week, Senator Brownback stated that abortion should be illegal, even in the case of rape and incest. “Rape is terrible. Rape is awful. Is it made any better by killing an innocent child? Does it solve the problem for the woman that’s been raped? … “We need to protect innocent life. Period.” Brownback’s campaign coordinator, Leon Wolf, further solidified his stance by saying, “[t]he choice to be a mother is a choice of altruism - a choice of self-sacrifice. It is a choice to forego the fullest measure of a hedonistic life in favor of a life lived, at least on a temporary basis, for the betterment of the world as a whole.”

Brownback has unequivocally stated that the zygote created from violence and hate is more important than the health and welfare of the rape survivor. To add insult to injury, Wolf suggests, no, STATES that rape victims who chose to abort are doing so to selfishly maintain a party lifestyle, and that pregnancy is a temporary inconvenience.
Finally, in the parade of the misnomered “Right to Life” party, I give you the contingent of those who are anti-abortion but pro death-penalty, such as John McCain.

The “Right to Life” movement is more apt to be called the Cult of the Fetus. They are not concerned about those who are already born, their lives, or their quality of life. Their concern stops the moment the baby takes its first breath.
//

Last edited by ParkTwain; 10-16-2007 at 10:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 10:04 PM

200 posts, read 915,193 times
Default shaking head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
The cult of the fetus has returned to this board.
I know...I give up.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:06 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,582,052 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtolou View Post
I know...I give up.
lol, the cult of the fetus

Old 10-16-2007, 10:24 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
I imagine that emissaries from the Cults of the Zygote, Blastocyst, and Embryo might be with them as well...what a lineup...

Old 10-17-2007, 09:25 AM

660 posts, read 2,441,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
Planned Parenthood is an abortion business, they make big money from it.
yes it is i found out first hand once they tried pushing that b.s. on me i left

Old 10-17-2007, 09:32 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
I know this is a personal and private issue, but it would help to understand this accusation if an example is given. If abortion is recommended, I would suspect--not know--that the worker had his/her reasons, and not a generalised recommendation for abortion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_firefly View Post
yes it is i found out first hand once they tried pushing that b.s. on me i left

Old 10-17-2007, 09:35 AM

660 posts, read 2,441,437 times
Quote:

//
Last week, Senator Brownback stated that abortion should be illegal, even in the case of rape and incest. “Rape is terrible. Rape is awful. Is it made any better by killing an innocent child? Does it solve the problem for the woman that’s been raped? … “We need to protect innocent life. Period.” Brownback’s campaign coordinator, Leon Wolf, further solidified his stance by saying, “[t]he choice to be a mother is a choice of altruism - a choice of self-sacrifice. It is a choice to forego the fullest measure of a hedonistic life in favor of a life lived, at least on a temporary basis, for the betterment of the world as a whole.”

Brownback has unequivocally stated that the zygote created from violence and hate is more important than the health and welfare of the rape survivor. To add insult to injury, Wolf suggests, no, STATES that rape victims who chose to abort are doing so to selfishly maintain a party lifestyle, and that pregnancy is a temporary inconvenience.
Finally, in the parade of the misnomered “Right to Life” party, I give you the contingent of those who are anti-abortion but pro death-penalty, such as John McCain.

The “Right to Life” movement is more apt to be called the Cult of the Fetus. They are not concerned about those who are already born, their lives, or their quality of life. Their concern stops the moment the baby takes its first breath.
//
hes got my vote!!!

Old 10-17-2007, 09:59 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10
Planned Parenthood is an abortion business, they make big money from it.
Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:12 AM

236 posts, read 442,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_firefly View Post
hes got my vote!!!
Quote:

//

This senator is hard core. I could not ever have an abortion. Even if I was raped or worse yet incest. But the idea that someone would force a woman to have a baby that was a product of rape or incest is wrong. I do not believe abortion should be made illegal but I do believe that there should be restrictions on the reasons for abortion. I do not think abortion should be made available to woman who use it as a means of birth control. I do not believe abortion should be legal at all after 2 months even in the case of rape or incest. I believe the day after pill should be utilized first in the case of rape or incest.I believe abortion should only be used in extreme circumstances.

The comparisson to the killing of an innocent to the killing of a monster is like comparing apples to oranges. The death penalty is used to punish the worst of the worst. These individuals lost their rights when they committed their heinous crime or crimes. An innocent child (and I believe they are children) can not fight for themselves it is up to us to protect their right to live.

Last edited by ontheroad; 10-17-2007 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: closed quote vb for clarity

Old 10-17-2007, 10:16 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005

This senator is hard core. I could not ever have an abortion. Even if I was raped or worse yet incest. But the idea that someone would force a woman to have a baby that was a product of rape or incest is wrong. I do not believe abortion should be made illegal but I do believe that there should be restrictions on the reasons for abortion. I do not think abortion should be made available to woman who use it as a means of birth control. I do not believe abortion should be legal at all after 2 months even in the case of rape or incest. I believe the day after pill should be utilized first in the case of rape or incest.I believe abortion should only be used in extreme circumstances.

The comparisson to the killing of an innocent to the killing of a monster is like comparing apples to oranges. The death penalty is used to punish the worst of the worst. These individuals lost their rights when they committed their heinous crime or crimes. An innocent child (and I believe they are children) can not fight for themselves it is up to us to protect their right to live.

But again, WHERE is the evidence that restricting abortion "for cause" will have any effect on the number of abortions ACTUALLY received, attempted, or completed?

If you say, "no abortions for convenience"... where's the evidence that such laws will actually curb abortions for convenience, or that the same women who GET "abortions for convenience" won't simply take illegal means?

Plus, the outlying factor: Rich and well-to-do women will ALWAYS be able to jet off to foreign lands to abort their babies. The poor and economically depressed (those that need the most assistance) will find themselves, as usual, on the short end of our laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies