Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2013, 07:35 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,077 times

Advertisements

It would be civil and healthy if the liberal progressives stopped taking such a weird interest in the sexuality of children..>What's wrong with these people?

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua84 View Post
But sex is a natural process. BC isn't. That's the difference.

And no, they shouldn't be allowed to do so because removing consequences from actions is a very dangerous precedent to set. You want people to have sex and not pay the consequences.

Pretty soon, people will question why ANYTHING needs consequences.
So you never have any type of medical treatment, since they are not natural processes?
If you need a heart bypass would you refuse surgery?
If you have a headache, or allergy attack, you refuse medication?

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
And no, they shouldn't be allowed to do so because removing consequences from actions is a very dangerous precedent to set. You want people to have sex and not pay the consequences.
YOU want to punish people for having sex.

That's the only possible conclusion to reach from your posts.

Sex is bad. Sex shouldn't be enjoyable. And when people have sex, they should be punished.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:36 AM

78 posts, read 53,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
It would be civil and healthy if the liberal progressives stopped taking such a weird interest in the sexuality of children..>What's wrong with these people?

Because they want to brainwash them.

That's why we have the public school system.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
YOU want to punish people for having sex.

That's the only possible conclusion to reach from your posts.

Sex is bad. Sex shouldn't be enjoyable. And when people have sex, they should be punished.

I don't want to punish them, but they should have to suffer the natural consequences of such action.

What you are doing is akin to someone taking a class in school, failing, and then have the parent say, "Well, it's OK, just give him an A anyway!"

Old 06-19-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Guess what? Illness is also a natural process and anything aside from plant based homeopathic remedies are unnatural. So if you follow that stupid a** non-logic then all medicines and medical care are unnatural and go agasint God's plan for you. So if you ever feel chest pain don't call 911 because it's God's will. If you ever get another headache and can't find a willow bark tree well then you need to suffer because it's God's plan for you. If you ever break a bone skip the ER and let it heal naturally because the Lord is just testing you and He will heal that arm for you if your worthy.
Not to mention computers are not natural, so that poster shouldn't even be on this forum.
Cars are not natural either, so I guess that poster walks everywhere.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:38 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,386,223 times
Quote:
No, because sex does not always lead to a pregnancy. If the random chance works out in your favor, fine, but you shouldn't be allowed to do anything to influence those random chances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Do you feel the same way about seat belts? Vaccinations? What about playing in the rain when there's a lot of lightning going on? Jw...
Quote:
Yeah, I do.
So one should not be allowed to wear seat belts, get immunizations, or avoid playing in the rain.

Quite a world you're trying to build for all of us. I'm certainly glad you are not in charge.

Quote:
(to Arus) You know darn well that the statement "to not bear children" was used in this thread as a substitute for an abortion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
How do you figure? I didn't know you were talking about abortion when you said "deciding not to bear children", because the two simply are not synonyms. You can't blame us for your lack of communication skills...
Quote:
But they are always used in the same way.

It would be like saying lazy and unmotivated are not synonyms.
And just like with "having an abortion" and "deciding not to bear children", "lazy" and "unmotivated" are quite different in terms of right and wrong. The first in and of itself is questionable along moral lines and the other is not. If someone is "unmotivated", you still have to ask "Unmotivated to do what?" before you can fault them (being unmotivated to microwave a hamster is not a bad thing!) Not the case with someone who is "lazy", as it necessarily means something bad. Do you see now the importance of using the right words to form your argument? An abortion is a very specific thing questionable for very specific reasons, whereas deciding not to bear children could mean anything (yes, even being abstinent).

Old 06-19-2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Yes, she should be in jail.

She could have just stopped having sex, but she has no self-control, so she had to someone control her.
She was married to my father, and sex is part of a loving committed relationship.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Not to mention computers are not natural, so that poster shouldn't even be on this forum.
Cars are not natural either, so I guess that poster walks everywhere.

Computers and cars don't remove consequences from doing things.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:40 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,042,182 times
You need to sit down somewhere.

This is not about an aspirin for a headache and you know it.

If you develop cancer please pass on the chemo and let the Lord heal you.

This is some trollish B.S because no one can be this obtuse and navigate through daily life.

Quote:
I never take medicine for headaches.

People offer it to me when they ask what's wrong if it's a really bad one, but I just say, "I don't use performance enhancing drugs."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies