Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 05:34 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
3% of the population commits 1/2 the murders, what's the deal here and how is this accepted?
They had no father to teach them right from wrong and what it takes to be a real man.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:36 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,040,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I didn't say eliminate it, just change the way it is doled out, if you start making people accountable/responsible they will find a job and support themselves. see post #803
What about paying woman in their teens (some arbitrary $ amount) to go on long term birth control and not be taken off until they meet a certain financial list of criteria before they can have kids?

Old 12-23-2013, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
So on another note, all this talk about the past being somehow better isn't really true, is it?

Anyway, while the cities may not have been designed that way, many American cities have way too much sprawl and have neglected their inner cities for what looks like decades (or longer). It's like people generations ago were just left there and abandoned to fester in their own hopelessness and misery. It's easy to just write those people off though and blame them. Nothing will change as long as that trend continues.

There should have been massive investment in actual public housing years ago as in Europe.
There should have been massive investment in actual public housing years ago as in Europe.

You need to read about Chicago public housing. No offense, buy being a bleeding heart liberal and feeling sorry for people who (many) aren't willing to help themselves doesn't do anyone any good.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:21 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,026,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post

You need to read about Chicago public housing. No offense, buy being a bleeding heart liberal and feeling sorry for people who (many) aren't willing to help themselves doesn't do anyone any good.
I'd rather be called a bleeding heart liberal than a heartless conservative, so thank you for the compliment

I will read up on Chicago public housing and why it failed. Still why do these things tend to happen in America and not so much elsewhere?

Old 12-23-2013, 06:43 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
You can't just focus on single mothers. Blame the men who got them pregnant in the first place, then did a runner. It's always the woman who gets stuck with the kids and pays the price for any mistakes. I would support a major crackdown on absent fathers.
I've said it many times on this forum, I think there should be a national DNA database and every baby should be tied to the parents and hold them BOTH accountable.

I would like to see prison time for absent fathers who don't man up and take care of their children. And if that child commits a felony? The absent father goes to jail too.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:51 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,026,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I've said it many times on this forum, I think there should be a national DNA database and every baby should be tied to the parents and hold them BOTH accountable.

I would like to see prison time for absent fathers who don't man up and take care of their children. And if that child commits a felony? The absent father goes to jail too.
Oh I totally agree (especially the 2nd paragraph). Absent parentism should be considered a crime against children. A form of abuse.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:54 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
DING DING DING!! We have a winner.

This is a major problem in the black community. There's no stigma on being a single teen mom, dropping out of school, having 3 kids by the time you're 19, etc. etc. etc.

Auntie and Grammy will help raise them, the govt will provide money, etc.

This is a revolving door that will continue until someone that blacks look up to (ummmm, Barack?) tells it like it is and quits being politically correct about the issue.
1) I don't think the hubris was necessary.

2) Black people such as the President, Bill Cosby, and many others have spoken about some of these things. Check out the President's "No Excuses" speech. The Mayor of Philadelphia, Michael Nutter spoke about this too. The problem isn't that Black people aren't speaking. It's that the people who need to listen to this the most are the ones who won't listen.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Oh I totally agree (especially the 2nd paragraph). Absent parentism should be considered a crime against children. A form of abuse.
Agreed! All I am asking for is a little accountability since I pay a lot in taxes and I think I am entitled to that.

People want discipline, no matter what they say. It makes sense to hold men accountable for their illegitimate children.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

These woman who spread their legs for someone who doesn't use protection, doesn't plan on marrying them, already has children with other woman, etc. are just as guilty as the guy.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
These woman who spread their legs for someone who doesn't use protection, doesn't plan on marrying them, already has children with other woman, etc. are just as guilty as the guy.
We all have a choice, unless the woman is raped.

All I know is that this cannot go on. It is ruining our cities and ultimately will bring the country down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies