Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 04:59 PM

89,033 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I think in many cases, the coaches provided snacks.
Possibly, but that wasn't my or my children's or any of their schoolmates' experience.

And what about those involved in after school activities that weren't sports? Who fed those kids?

Old 05-13-2014, 04:59 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
All irrespective of the fact that parents who are receiving SNAP benefits for children who are also receiving free meals at/from school are double-dipping.
Valid questions that you can't answer. I guess you aren't as "informed" as you think you are.

It's about the double dipping.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
That old video again??

Yes, she's the poster girl for every woman who gets food stamps because she's so typical of the type of women who get food stamps.
Octomom and 'Who's going to pay for my 15 kids Mom' are extreme examples. However, it SHOULD be noted that women who receive public assistance have a birth rate 3 times higher than those who don't. That means that for every one child born that is supported by its parents, three are born that have to be supported by means-tested social welfare programs.

Stats and sources cited here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/32045595-post217.html

Consequently, we have a problem with an unsustainable exponentially increasing welfare-dependent population. I've already shown the math on how devastating the results will be, here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/34233827-post268.html

Old 05-13-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Valid questions that you can't answer.
That doesn't even make any sense. You're asking nonsensical irrelevant questions, none of which change the fact that such parents are double-dipping.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Possibly, but that wasn't my or my children's or any of their schoolmates' experience.

And what about those involved in after school activities that weren't sports? Who fed those kids?
If they were fed at all, probably by the specific activity's booster club.

Quote:
Octomom and 'Who's going to pay for my 15 kids Mom' are extreme examples. However, it SHOULD be noted that women who receive public assistance have a birth rate 3 times higher than those who don't. That means that for every one child born that is supported by its parents, three are born that have to be supported by means-tested social welfare programs.

Stats and sources cited here:

Consequently, we have a problem with an unsustainable exponentially increasing welfare-dependent population. I've already shown the math on how devastating the results will be, here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/34233827-post268.html
That is lying with statistics. Women on public assistance are three times more likely to have given birth in the last year, which is understandable b/c there is a time limit on PA. Your math uh, siphons.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:14 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
If ever there was a clear and unquestionable indication that the United States of America is on the downhill slide, it would be that of a government agency providing free supper for children at their local schools.

Jobs? Not enough.
Welfare? Not enough.
Food stamps? Not enough.

Deny it all you want.....this great country is dying a slow death by a trillion paper cuts.
That's the result of growing income inequality that conservatives don't want to change. So they don't want to redress inequality and at the same time 8itch that the poor are getting too many government programs.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Or they weren't fed by a school organization at all. And they survived. How was that possible?

Quote:
That is lying with statistics.
No, it isn't. It is a FACTUAL statement that for every one child that is born to parents who support it without government assistance, three children are born to parents who receive public assistance.

The stats are here:

Disprove them.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:18 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
That doesn't even make any sense. You're asking nonsensical irrelevant questions, none of which change the fact that such parents are double-dipping.
You dismiss them as being nonsensical irrelevant questions is either just your opinion, or you can't answer them. They are relevant.

You take a paint brush and with one stroke paint every woman on welfare as being the same.

That's like me taking my opinion of you and applying it to every man. If that were the case all men would be idiots.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:21 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:

That is lying with statistics. Women on public assistance are three times more likely to have given birth in the last year, which is understandable b/c there is a time limit on PA. Your math uh, siphons.

That sounds so much more noble than the former.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
That's the result of growing income inequality that conservatives don't want to change. So they don't want to redress inequality and at the same time 8itch that the poor are getting too many government programs.
No it's not. It's the result of the USG raising the eligibility limits on who get free/reduced "stuff".
Anywhere from 133% to 400% of FPL.

A family of 3 with a household income of $45K/year qualifies for reduced lunch ($.40).

It's not just the poor anymore that are qualifying for government social welfare programs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies