Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 04:15 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
It was possible, in part, because, unlike today, not many mothers worked.
If the kids weren't at home with Mom because they were involved in after school activities, what difference does that make? They were still away from home, away from Mom, and needed to eat. However did they manage that for decades before the government stepped in?

Old 05-13-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The dinners only started in 2012. So not many mothers worked in 2011 ?
The arguments just get dumber and dumber, don't they? Good grief!

Old 05-13-2014, 04:17 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Where's the controversy?
Some schools, in some areas, offer breakfast, lunch and dinner to their students. Those from families receiving SNAP benefits generally automatically qualify. That amounts to about about 4.50 p/p per day.

One would think that SNAP benefits would be reduced by the number of school age children X school days a month. That's not however how it works.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:17 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Obviously the need was recognized in 2012.

I was replying to another poster who stated that he and his children did not have this benefit. One can garner from his statement that he is not presently in grade/middle/high school; most likely he went to school some time in the 20th century.

I didn't expect you to be so obtuse.

Anyway, speaking of food, mine's cooking right now and it's in danger of becoming overcooked! Gotta go!

Old 05-13-2014, 04:19 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Becoming? Already there. Just look around and then read the idiocy that so many post in these forums.
Great. People who don't see it your way or think the way you do or has an opinion that doesn't fit your idea of what is "right", exhibit idiocy. Only an idiot would think like that. It must be stressful to be perfect living in an imperfect world.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Obviously the need was recognized in 2012.

I was replying to another poster who stated that he and his children did not have this benefit. One can garner from his statement that he is not presently in grade/middle/high school; most likely he went to school some time in the 20th century.
OMG!!! Why didn't that poster die from the lack of government-provided dinner at school? How on earth did that poster ever survive?

Old 05-13-2014, 04:21 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times
Quote:
Yep. In 2011 no women worked, every dad had
a high paying unionized job, and there were no overseas jobs.

Then in 2012 it all went to pot. (Speaking of pots, if we put "a chicken in every pot" today, people would whine about having to cook them.)

Old 05-13-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Yep. In 2011 no women worked, every dad has a high paying unionized job, and there were no overseas jobs.

Then in 2012 it all went to pot.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:28 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes. I always have been. I also disagree with taxpayers having to fund the U.S. being the world's police. That has enabled other countries to focus their resources on their own economic development, while we subsidized everyone else's national defense.

So... about your double payments for things. What do you pay double for? Your utility bills? Your housing? Do you pay twice your own food bill? Hmmm...?
I didn't answer because it's a stupid question. My utility bills, housing, food, telephone, etc. are not under the control of the government (yet), but there are taxes that we are forced to pay on utilities which go to the government and/or state.

If you think you can get the government to spend our tax dollars the way you want them to, go to Washington and make your case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:28 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
of course it's normal. it is also "normal" to eat something during that length of time as well. it is a known fact kids learn more when they have enough food to eat. hunger in america is a big problem, begrudging children a 3 dollar meal seems petty and cheap. if you want america to remain relevant and a top economy you need children who are educated. we spend billions on war, but won't feed our own hungry?

lots of people don't want us to do squat about the girls kidnapped in nigeria, apparently you and others like you don't even want to help children in your own country. pitiful. truly.
I don't have an issue with feeding children.

I do have an issue with double dipping. The family continues to receive SNAP benefits equal to about $4.50 per qualifying individual a day. Getting wild and crazy, Octo Mom would receive about $63 a day for all 14 of her kids. If those kids were taking their meals at school, on school days, that totals about $1,323 a month/

They must be eating quite well on off days.

As for the Nigerian girls, that's Nigeria's problem to solve. Their country. Their back roads. Their terrorists, Their children. Seems to me they prefer not to solve it and instead, expect the U.S. to do so , for them.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies