Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 05:25 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
That's the result of growing income inequality that conservatives don't want to change.
Conservatives don't want to change? Are you unaware that the income gap has increased during Obama's presidency?

Income Inequality Worse Under Obama Than George W. Bush

Old 05-13-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
You dismiss them as being nonsensical irrelevant questions is either just your opinion, or you can't answer them. They are relevant.
How so? How do the answers to those questions change the fact that parents are double-dipping when they receive food stamp benefits to feed children at/from home who get free meals at school?

Old 05-13-2014, 05:49 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Octomom and 'Who's going to pay for my 15 kids Mom' are extreme examples. However, it SHOULD be noted that women who receive public assistance have a birth rate 3 times higher than those who don't. That means that for every one child born that is supported by its parents, three are born that have to be supported by means-tested social welfare programs.

Stats and sources cited here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/32045595-post217.html

Consequently, we have a problem with an unsustainable exponentially increasing welfare-dependent population. I've already shown the math on how devastating the results will be, here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/34233827-post268.html
While you are hammering away TODAY on the majority of people who have been forced to rely on government, you don't know what TOMORROW has in store for you or a family member - your children, grandchildren, relatives, seeing as how this country is declining. There are no guarantees that circumstances could force someone in your family to turn to government for one thing or another. Pity for them, they will have to hear the same things you have said about everyone else who relied on government. Many people have been forced to rely on government, designed by government.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
How so? How do the answers to those questions change the fact that parents are double-dipping when they receive food stamp benefits to feed children at/from home who get free meals at school?
*sigh*

Old 05-13-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
While you are hammering away TODAY on the majority of people who have been forced to rely on government, you don't know what TOMORROW has in store for you or a family member - your children, grandchildren, relatives, seeing as how this country is declining. There are no guarantees that circumstances could force someone in your family to turn to government for one thing or another.
Indeed. Which is why I have never spent every penny I've earned, have no debt, have saved up an emergency fund, and didn't have more kids than I could afford to support without relying on public assistance.

Think how much better our society would be if many more people acted responsibly.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Indeed. Which is why I have never spent every penny I've earned, have no debt, have saved up an emergency fund, and didn't have more kids than I could afford to support without relying on public assistance.

Think how much better our society would be if many more people acted responsibly.

How do you know that there are thousands of people who were doing the same thing and were hit with a situation that turned their life upside down? Lost a job due to company downsizing or shipped overseas, hours cut at work, illness. I was talking about the future and you don't know if a situation might arise that could cause one of your family members lives go upside down and they find themselves in the same position as those that you hammer. This country is in a decline and will continue to decline as long as government keeps operating the way it has been allowed to.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:39 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Should they report every time they're invited to someone else's house to eat, too? Every time someone treats them at a restaurant? I can't understand why you're so wigged out about this.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:41 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
How do you know that there are thousands of people who were doing the same thing and were hit with a situation that turned their life upside down? Lost a job due to company downsizing or shipped overseas, hours cut at work, illness. I was talking about the future and you don't know if a situation might arise that could cause one of your family members lives go upside down and they find themselves in the same position as those that you hammer. This country is in a decline and will continue to decline as long as government keeps operating the way it has been allowed to.
Sadly the new face of America is working a low paying job subsidized with food stamps and other government programs.

The new face of food stamps: working-age Americans | Fox News

Old 05-13-2014, 08:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
students at school from 7 or 8 in the morning till 4:30 in the late afternoon would get mighty hungry waiting for a parent to drop by who works all day.

My daughter is starving when she gets home.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:55 PM

Quote:
How do you know that there are thousands of people who were doing the same thing and were hit with a situation that turned their life upside down? Lost a job due to company downsizing or shipped overseas, hours cut at work, illness. I was talking about the future and you don't know if a situation might arise that could cause one of your family members lives go upside down and they find themselves in the same position as those that you hammer.
Hammer? I complained about double-dipping, parents getting food stamp benefits for the same free meals their kids are getting at school.

Do you pay for your meals twice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies