Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 10:31 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Change the defining language and we have a winner.
No wonder the government wants us as ignorant as possible.
(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended—
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.

White. Christian. Terrorist.

All define him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 11:31 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
He was simply stating the well known fact that correlation does not necessarily equal causation. However, it is also an equally well known fact that in most cases, a higher education results in a higher performing society.

I'm not liberal nor conservative, however, I wonder when did it become fashionable in middle America to discourage higher education? America and Americans used to lead the world in science, in engineering, in architecture, in education, in manufacturing, and so many other fields, and by the dismissal of education it has started a slow, steady decline, and the sad part is, there are many Americans who are actually proud of that.

As I stated before, how backward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Being conservative has nothing to do with supporting the most dysfunctional individual ever to sit as POTUS, and who is doing dishonor to that position. Yes, I don't give a rat's behind who loves who, it doesn't affect me or anyone else but those involved. Why would it bother you? I can argue both sides of the abortion issue, depending on the day. I probably own more guns than most on here, but I don't believe in everything goes. After all the 2A states "a well regulated militia". I have no problem with "a well regulation" coming into force, such as licensing of WHO owns the gun, required training (that is a well regulated keystone) and constraints on some types of accessories such as magazine limits (goes with the well regulated part). I heavily endorse safe storage laws.

Open borders? What country would want that? But I also think that children brought over illegally, who grew up here, and are not felons, should have a path to citizenship. That is just being compassionate.

Let me guess, alt-right types are your heroes, right?

Not many monkeys we share our DNA with, but we sure do share a lot of it with some of the other great apes.

Just a bit of hyperbole; try breathing a bit slower.

Who gives a rat's behind that any institution was founded by "white Protestants"? What kind of dog whistle expression is that? What does it matter the race of a person? I want the most qualified in a university, or at a place of work. I don't care the color, age, sex, sexual orientation or religion. Yeah, I'll even hire a young earth creationist fundamentalist religious lunatic, if they keep that garbage out of my company, and they are otherwise competent to do the job they are hired for. Of course, they'll have to share a workspace with that homosexual Asian, and that Muslim from Syria, and that atheist from Austin.

Agreed, and other developed countries have excellent apprenticeship programs. How come no one, at the State or Federal level, is pushing for that here? Why?

Then they need better counselling from their parents. My son-in-law took a philosophy of art major. Useless right? Then he got his Masters in environmental planning, and now is the deputy head of my States Parks programs. On the side, he produces some great art, which he then prints a limited edition prints from, and sells them to his fans. He paid of his student loan some 10 years ago.
Not sure if you realize it or not but you kind of just proved my point(s).

Those aren't conservative stances - they never have been, aren't today and they won't be a hundred years from now.

(I'm just spit-balling here but I'm guessing you got a public education. Not that it matters, as private schools today have been infiltrated by Trotskyites as well, it's gotten so pervasive.)

Like I said, this is a new strategy I am seeing now, by MSM. They are now redefining "conservatism" to their new liberal form of "conservatism". It's Bill Kristol "conservatism" that is basically left-wing in all but name.

It's downright scary to me, but eh, that's just me. Most people probably can't even see it for the obviousness it is.

But hey, again I digress...

Other than that, I think we agree on the last point.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:08 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Not sure if you realize it or not but you kind of just proved my point(s).

Those aren't conservative stances - they never have been, aren't today and they won't be a hundred years from now.

(I'm just spit-balling here but I'm guessing you got a public education. Not that it matters, as private schools today have been infiltrated by Trotskyites as well, it's gotten so pervasive.)

Like I said, this is a new strategy I am seeing now, by MSM. They are now redefining "conservatism" to their new liberal form of "conservatism". It's Bill Kristol "conservatism" that is basically left-wing in all but name.

It's downright scary to me, but eh, that's just me. Most people probably can't even see it for the obviousness it is.

But hey, again I digress...

Other than that, I think we agree on the last point.
Guess if you think Bill Kristol is a liberal, I guess I am too. So would Reagan be, I'd assume.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:59 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
We throw around "Terrorist" way too much. In the end it's generally what the government, the most terrorizing government on the planet does to enact more controls on the people.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:04 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Terrorism seems to be defined as terrorizing people for a political agenda of some sort.

At this point, his political agenda is unclear.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:10 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,402,596 times
Anyone who send bombs through the mail to terrorize a group of people is by definition a terrorist. A domestic terrorist, no different than the Unibomber. It matters not if there is a political agenda, but in this case the bomber did have an agenda and it was race based. Yes, it was terrorism and he was a domestic terrorist.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:34 AM

2,919 posts, read 2,582,290 times
Default I hear you

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I'm sorry

I just CANNOT make the connection between "a very challenged young man struggling with his challenges"... which is what the Austin Police Chief stated after watching the cell phone video to this little fck blowing up strangers and dismembering people. What am I missing here??!
Same here, can't make that connection. That's because there is no connection for humans who value the sanctity of all human life. For racists, tribalism comes first and foremost. That "precious", challenged, young man was one of their own (WM) so the excuses for what he did comes flying out far and wide on his behalf. This has been happening, it's nothing new. It's just slowed down a lot after mass shootings at public places against innocent people became a regular event. But it used to be that we'd always read in the media comments like the one made by this police chief made regarding these particular so-called challenged young men (as if young people of all races weren't struggling with challenges) who murder innocent people:

He was depressed (no reason why given).
He was depressed because his stepfather yelled at him (or spanked, oh the horrors) when he was five.
He was not popular in school (as if that's uncommon for the majority of students of all races and genders)
The mental health care in our country failed him (as if it hasn't failed millions of other Americans yet if they commit a murder or serial murders, there is no "understanding" sentiment for why they did it nor or excuses made for their behavior by law enforcement officials, rightfully so.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:38 AM

603 posts, read 445,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Anyone who send bombs through the mail to terrorize a group of people is by definition a terrorist. A domestic terrorist, no different than the Unibomber. It matters not if there is a political agenda, but in this case the bomber did have an agenda and it was race based. Yes, it was terrorism and he was a domestic terrorist.

Human race?

Old 03-24-2018, 10:43 AM

Default Define kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I read that the kid described himself as a “psychopath.” It sounds like he was mad at the world and wanted to blow people up.
What do you consider the age range of a kid to be? I'd say a 24 year old is not a kid but an adult. Perhaps you see him as a kid because, although he's done some terrible things, you share the same demographics as he is? Due to association, you tend to go easier on him? Do you consider Michael Brown (Ferguson, MO) as a kid? Why or why not?

Old 03-24-2018, 10:54 AM

Default It's called Privilege

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
IF the media and the police and the justice system showed 1% of this empathy towards criminals of the non-white persuasion, I actually wouldn't be angry about their word choice.

But the fact of the matter is only white criminals are given the benefit of the doubt while non-white criminals are summarily judged as monsters or animals.

The only ones who get it easier than white male criminals are white female criminals.
White priviledge in full display. When the judge, the attorney, the police chief, the police force, the investigator, on so forth are ALL White just think how this mentality (demonstrated by the word choice of Austin Police Chief) is MULTIPLIED throughout the system. It permeates the entire judicial system; the decision making process of how criminality is defined and how criminals are treated.

This is the end result:
White criminality is due to: depression and other form of an innoculous but well-meaning mental illness.
Non-White criminiality is due to the: violent nature, low IQ, high testerone levels, animalistic, non-pale skincolor, or poor socio-economics, of those people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies