Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2018, 09:42 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times

Advertisements

Deep conservative evangelical Christian bombing "blue areas" in a red state. Seems ideologically based to me also.

Quote:
When Fox News's Geraldo Rivera speculated Tuesday that the Austin bomber may have chosen the Texas capitol because of its status as a deep-blue enclave in the middle of red-state Texas, he might've been on to something.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...h-around-edges
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 09:46 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
kinda blows the 'christian terrorist' meme out of the water.
Let me rephrase is a way that you might understand:

Children raised in Christian homes with Christian prayers, are not immune to becoming serial killers.

Prayer in schools does nothing to prevent violence in schools!

Old 03-22-2018, 09:50 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Did it ever occur to you that some conservatives believe different things from other conservatives? But that they're still both conservatives?

You're basically telling us that, for example, conservatives who are against free trade aren't actually conservatives. Except that, many conservatives ARE against free trade. But that doesn't mean they aren't conservative.
Isn't "Free Trade" also supposed to be "Fair Trade"? We were certainly promised that it was when NAFTA and the GATT (WTO agreement) were ratified as treaties by the Senate. Now it appears that the definition has changed to mean something else, as is common practice when dealing with the establishment and left.

If "Free Trade" still meant what it did when these treaties were ratified, then conservatives would still be consistently supportive of "Free Trade". However, the enforcement of the "Fairness" part seems to have been abandoned. That is the part of the revised concept of "Free Trade" that conservatives do not believe in.

I still think of myself of a Free Trader, as I have for over 30 years now. But that is according to the original meaning of the term "Free Trade," which is actually what Trump refers to as "Fair Trade," and not the capitulating concept that the term "Free Trade" has morphed into in the minds of the establishment and the mass media.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:25 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,103,423 times
"...Odd that a child raised by a devout evangelical Christian family turns so violent and hateful. What did they mean by "walking away from his faith?"
One can only wonder if, under the guise of righteousness, fundamentalists plant a seed of intolerance and hatred in their children. "

One less homeschooled knucklehead to breed. (And you know he would have; these types are willfully ignorant of contraception.)

Old 03-22-2018, 10:28 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
There are Christians who are conservative, there are Christians who are liberal. There are atheists who are conservative and atheists who are liberal.

What the heck does a religious viewpoint have to do with political perspectives?
A LOT, since the Evangelicals took over much of our political process.....AND, that they even accept Trump (by a vast majority) and all his "sins".

Ever read about "The Family". These are people in the core of our government.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fe...n_organization)

"The Fellowship has been described as one of the most politically well-connected ministries in the United States. The Fellowship shuns publicity and its members share a vow of secrecy"

Among many other things, they believe that they (Christian power brokers) do not have to follow the same rules as the regular people. They also believe that bringing Jesus into the center of power (literally) is th Way - NOT democracy or our current system.

So, ask me again what religion has to do with any of this? I could give 100's of examples.

Remember Sen. Ensign from NV. He cheated with his best friends wife, then gave a bunch of hush money and did a lot of other illegal things. According to his colleagues in "The Family" none of this was wrong because rules don't apply to them.

Read:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fa...American_Power

"at the HEART of American Power"
"Jeff Sharlet told NBC News that when he was an intern with the Fellowship "we were being taught the leadership lessons of Hitler, Lenin and Mao" and that Hitler's genocide "wasn't an issue for them, it was the strength that he emulated."

Uh, does Love for Putin in the modern Right ring a bell now?

Old 03-22-2018, 10:34 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Did it ever occur to you that some conservatives believe different things from other conservatives? But that they're still both conservatives?

You're basically telling us that, for example, conservatives who are against free trade aren't actually conservatives. Except that, many conservatives ARE against free trade. But that doesn't mean they aren't conservative.
We have different interpretations of the word "conservative", in many ways I suppose.

People call Bill Kristol "conservative" but that creature is so antithetical to any and all of the Founding Fathers' principals that he borders on a reincarnation of Karl Marx, in my world.

Do you also believe Jim Jones was a Christian? In my world, Jim Jones was not a Christian. Westboro Baptist are not "Christians" either.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:35 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
You can't legislate crazy!

Old 03-22-2018, 10:36 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Did you read your own quote???

The only people who "walk away from Christianity" are usually those who have gone regressive/Antifa/leftist.
The "only people?"

You know every single person who has ever walked away from Christianity?

Sadly, more and more young people are leaving Christianity these days and it isn't because they've gone "leftist" or any other nonsense.
It's because they can clearly see the hypocrisy of many Christians and discern the lies being spouted from pulpits all over this land.

Many of the friends that have been interviewed noted that he was a "deep thinker" and "questioned" everything.
Often it takes just one issue considered illogical in the mind of some believers to send them off the path.
These sorts of epiphanies are often followed by feelings of betrayal and of having been lied to for many years.
For someone who has been raised to be a binary thinker, as many raised in devout households often are, this can be foundation-leveling.

If everything you have known and believed to be true is found to be not, and you have nothing else to replace it with, nihilism may easily fill the void.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:44 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
We have different interpretations of the word "conservative", in many ways I suppose.

Do you also believe Jim Jones was a Christian? In my world, Jim Jones was not a Christian. Westboro Baptist are not "Christians" either.
Well, in that vein, do you believe that the 80% of Evangelicals who voted for a serial liar, bully, adulterer, racist and (possibly) madman......are they Christian?

Old 03-22-2018, 10:46 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, in that vein, do you believe that the 80% of Evangelicals who voted for a serial liar, bully, adulterer, racist and (possibly) madman......are they Christian?
I voted for him. I was a "one issue" voter: the Supreme Court was all that mattered to me this election around.

I learned my lesson the last time I voted for an "Independent" (and not that RINO Romney) and saw our country poisoned with Obama's re-election. I was stupid. He still would have won my state, but it hurt.

Sadly we live in a country now that is so out of whack that you literally have to vote for the "lesser of two evils".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies