Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2018, 11:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuca Racha View Post
The bomber inconvenienced the people of Austin, package delivery workers etc. However let’s look at his life and realize he had it much tougher than his victims. The young man had a rough childhood so let’s not call him a terrorist or a racist. He’s was still a baby who didn’t know what he is doing. If anyone lost a limb, they can get a prosthetic leg. If they died, well they could have also died in a car accident. Let’s just focus on the fact that he was a tormented kid and all the people who knew him thought he was a nice kid. The Austin police who always tells the truth says he wasn’t racially motivated.

Remember when the Austin police told the media they believed the first victim had built the first bomb and blew himself up by accident? Such a competent group. The victim probably looked like one of those people who like violence not like our good ol little boy.

On the bright side. Front porch package theft is down 98% in Austin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 11:21 AM

267 posts, read 122,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
I don't think the bombing were racial motivated but I looked into it and found interesting info.

1. Both House and the slain teenager are relatives of prominent members of Austin's African-American community. CNN
2. Families of two people killed by package bombs left on their doorsteps in Austin knew each other and were connected through local activism in the black community, a civic leader said Tuesday. AP

Middle class blacks, activism, uh, Political motivated maybe? Another thing is that the police is saying the perpetrator wasn't a terrorist, but just "disturbed". I think they are liars, and won't tell the real reason. Just like they immediately call muslims terrorists, while purposely hiding the fact than in most cases they are offered a lot of money and help to carry such acts.
Of course the Austin police are lying just like when the first victim, House, was killed they told the media that they believed House had built the bomb and had blown himself up by mistake. How did they arrived to that stupid conclusion? “They said back then “we don’t believe it was terrorism, people don’t need to worry”

Imagine how House’s family must have felt when the police made such comments. He was a victim and they tried to frame him. What a disgusting group of people framing a dead person with zero evidence.

Old 03-22-2018, 11:28 AM

4,144 posts, read 2,840,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
On the bright side. 911 & 311 calls, for package theft from house front porches is down 98%
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
On the bright side. Front porch package theft is down 98% in Austin.
Yes, we all saw this meme on the internet too.

Old 03-22-2018, 11:29 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Do you believe Donald Trump is a Christian?
If you asked Donald Trump, "Do you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?" he would probably answer 'yes' because he suspected that's what he was expected to say, but in reality, he didn't even really know what the question really meant. So I suppose I would have to add the caveat, that one who was asked the question would have to actually understand what it meant, and THEN if they said yes, then they fit the definition.

Quote:
Is there no other test (morality, etc.) which would present one as a Christian or not? By your definition, most all Nazis were Christian, even those slaughtering innocents by the tens of thousands with a pistol to the back of the head.

"Historians and theologians generally agree about the Nazi policy towards religion, that the objective was to remove explicitly Jewish content from the Bible (i.e., the Old Testament, the Gospel of Matthew, and the Pauline Epistles), transforming the Christian faith into a new religion, completely cleansed from any Jewish element and conciliate it with Nazism."

I'm fairly certain that they would have left the Jesus stuff in there.
Well, I could go on at great length here, but it would risk getting this thread way too off-topic.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:10 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
If you asked Donald Trump, "Do you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?" he would probably answer 'yes' because he suspected that's what he was expected to say, but in reality, he didn't even really know what the question really meant. So I suppose I would have to add the caveat, that one who was asked the question would have to actually understand what it meant, and THEN if they said yes, then they fit the definition.

I would even argue more that a person's actions are more important than their "yes/no" answer to the question of "are you a Christian?".

Trump's actions and statements...well, they speak for themselves...

Old 03-22-2018, 12:30 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I would even argue more that a person's actions are more important than their "yes/no" answer to the question of "are you a Christian?".

Well he appointed a pro-life Supreme Court Justice.

That's an "action", I think...

Quote:

That's what I mean. There are just so many angles when it comes to looking at politicians at this point in America. It's so out-of-whack.

There hasn't been a true conservative president since probably...Ford? (please don't bring up Reagan - anyone who would illegally "legalize" 4 million border-jumping criminals is no conservative, in my book, but a pure traitor).

I hope more republicans and conservatives realize that this country is so far gone that the last bastion of freedom is the Supreme Court, and it's beyond critical that we make sure no more communists are put on that Court.

Last edited by Kavalier; 03-22-2018 at 12:41 PM..

Old 03-22-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Well he appointed a pro-life Supreme Court Justice.

That's an "action", I think...
Sure...ok.

Does that action make him a "Christian"?

Old 03-22-2018, 12:43 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Quote:

That's what I mean. There are just so many angles when it comes to looking at politicians at this point in America. It's so out-of-whack.

There hasn't been a true conservative president since probably...Ford? (please don't bring up Reagan - anyone who would illegally "legalize" 4 million border-jumping criminals is no conservative, in my book, but a pure traitor).

I hope more republicans and conservatives realize that this country is so far gone that the last bastion of freedom is the Supreme Court, and it's beyond critical that we make sure no more communists are put on that Court.
Quote:
Sure...ok.

Does that action make him a "Christian"?
See my edited post above. Like I said, "lesser of two evils"...is where we're at at this point in America.

Whether or not he's a true believer or not is besides the point. Supreme Court is all we have left at our disposal at this point.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
See my edited post above. Like I said, "lesser of two evils"...is where we're at at this point in America.
Fair enough. I wouldn't disagree with that statement.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:46 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Deep conservative evangelical Christian bombing "blue areas" in a red state. Seems ideologically based to me also.

huh?

but earlier you gave us this quote:

Quote:
Conditt reportedly walked away from his faith several years ago

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies