Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2018, 03:31 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,045,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Oh sure..... cost of living is irrelevant..... If cost of living goes up, wages should too. End of story. As the rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and people like you somehow think that is how it should work. Silver spoons man. Silver spoons. I don't believe for one minute you were ever truly poor, or ever truly had to struggle.
No, wages shouldn't go up for any other reason than supply and demand. And no matter how poor you are, you don't get to steal from others. You don't get to be a thief. You are advocating and supporting thievery. Stop that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2018, 03:32 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Incorrect. They should not have had kids until money was saved, income was secure, the house was bought, and they were married and stable. Anything else and they are not great parents. Doing the best you can is not a good parent. Doing the best period is a good parent. Kids are not a right or a possession. Bringing new life into the world is the ultimate responsibility and should only be undertaken with proper planning, focus, and execution. Too many things can go wrong and love is not 1/10th of being enough.

You are simply wrong, as most people with parents who weren't rich, or didn't plan their pregnancy years in advance can tell you. My parents were great parents, and they did not have those things. They instilled the values in me that have allowed me to thrive through much more adversity than most people have faced at my age.

Quote:
No, wrong again. If they had done what I suggest, they would have brought you into the world with money in the bank, a stable housing situation, a stable job situation where your mom could be home to raise you in person and not have to work, and zero financial stress. Which then means happier kids, happier parents, less struggle, and a better chance of avoiding things like divorce, becoming a drunk, etc.
No, they wouldn't have. They simply didn't make enough to be able to save that much money. After my sister and I were born, they cut back everywhere they could, so we would never do without. We only lived in a total of 3 houses in the 18 years I lived with them, so the housing WAS stable, even though we didn't own them. I spent quite a deal of time with my grandparents and aunt, and I am still very close with them. We were very happy kids. Did we struggle at times? Sure. But we never did without. They are not divorced or drunks.

Oh, and this isn't the 50's.... Women don't have to stay at home with the kids and cook dinner every night.... Time to come into the century buddy.

Quote:
Wrong again. Everybody DOES have to fit into the neat little box of planning their lives in a rational matter and executing that plan as well as they can. “Desperately wanting children” is bull$hit. You don’t bring new life into the world because you want to. You bring life into the world because you want to, AND after planning it carefully for years and executing the plan with care and maturity. You are really sounding kind of babyish insisting that people should have things simply because they want them. You sound like Veruca in Willy Wonka: “I want it NOW!”

Wrong. Just simply wrong. You say that I sound, "babyish", yet you are sitting here spitting out unrealities left and right. No matter how much you think people should carefully plan every single aspect of their lives years in advance, that is not reality. You are living in an imaginary world of your own making.

Quote:
Reality is what we make it. And no one is on the bottom, unless they make that choice. And even living at the bottom can be done with planning, focus, self-respect, and honor.

You have an absolutely horrible and negative view of Man. Please fix that.

If thinking people deserve to make enough money to be able to eat and house themselves is "horrible and negative", then I guess so.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
No, wages shouldn't go up for any other reason than supply and demand. And no matter how poor you are, you don't get to steal from others. You don't get to be a thief. You are advocating and supporting thievery. Stop that.
So you are fine with stagnating wages? Okay then..... How do you expect people to move ahead when wages stay the same and costs go up? You are living in a fantasy world Marc. Silver spoons... Silver spoons everywhere...

Old 07-20-2018, 03:35 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times
Quote:
Wrong. I can afford it. I won't pay it. I won't support the People's City of New York and its coercive tyrannical communistic tendencies. There are many others like me. We will vote with our wallets.
Lol... Okay. Go feed yourself at home or burn gas traveling to Jersey you misanthrope. You want a round of applause and a cookie for being proud to sabotage people's efforts to not be welfare?

Old 07-20-2018, 03:36 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,671,957 times
LOL, seems place's like this are making a killing!

https://www.harrysnyc.com/drink/

Old 07-20-2018, 03:41 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
So you are fine with stagnating wages? Okay then..... How do you expect people to move ahead when wages stay the same and costs go up? You are living in a fantasy world Marc. Silver spoons... Silver spoons everywhere...
Stop voting for the progressives who increase spending and our debt, which devalues the dollar. Vote against welfare which enourages people to not work and not get married and raise their kids.
If one wants to make more, then work for it. Educate yourself.
Finish high school, work full time and wait until you're 21 to get married and have kids. Those 3 things gets one a 75 percent chance to be Middle Class or higher.

Quote:
Wrong. I can afford it. I won't pay it. I won't support the People's City of New York and its coercive tyrannical communistic tendencies. There are many others like me. We will vote with our wallets.
Which will only hurt the people who work at those places. So congrats! You are helping put people out of work, and onto welfare!

BTW, not sure about NYC, but there are places here in the south that only pay their servers $2.13 an hour.... They are making a living off of not paying their employees, and you support that.... Pathetic.

89,043 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Bull**** that 6 billion (extra 6 billion from the same quarter the previous year) is going into retiree pockets! You guys are funny.
Just take a look at who owns Exxon shares. CalPERS, the biggest US investor, has Exxon in their top ten. Your ignorance doesn't negate that fact.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:44 PM

89,043 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Oh sure..... cost of living is irrelevant..... If cost of living goes up, wages should too.
There is no factual reason for that to occur. It's only your childishly wishful thinking.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:45 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,671,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There is no factual reason for that to occur. It's only your childishly wishful thinking.
LOL , as it is yours to think it does not matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies