Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2019, 01:30 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Many defenders want to hire illegals to do their yardwork at tiny wages.
I do. It’s great. Save even more on home repairs and remodeling.

Every American should be allowed to own an alien for seven years and then grant the alien a green card

Old 07-20-2019, 07:27 AM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Then explain the vast majority of Blacks who work (majority of Blacks work for a living) who vote Democrat. I'd rather vote for someone who says "you need help and I will help you" over someone who says "you're lazy, you're a leech on society". Same goes for any other minority.
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Ask Lyndon Johnson.
Why don't you do us a favor and answer his question instead of deflecting.

Old 07-20-2019, 07:39 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
What a bunch of crocodile tears horse s**t. Asylum from what? I vote to take in the Kurds in Syria and from Iraq. They have been fierce warriors in the fight against ISIS. They have no country of their own. And they love America and they don't join gangs, And they reside in war zones. We cannot take in zillions of illegal immigrants day in and day out. It must be controlled and regulated. How crowded do u want America to be? The majority of immigrants and refugees America takes in...are people of color. From Hispanics to Somalia's to Africans and etc. Been to Maine or Minnesota lately? Tons of African refugees. We cannot sustain an endless flow of people to our country. We have to do it smartly and piecemeal. Again...the Kurds get my vote over all immigrants.. So keep crying me a river lib....your crocodile tears are filling up the Mississippi river.
Seems you are the one crying the river. This seems that some just are afraid we are becoming too diverse. They want to stop American women from any birth control and stop the world from coming in. All I can tell you is this planet is not that big, and change will come, no matter what. This generation trying to hold on to the past. The new kids on the block will change it.
BTW. Expats are leaving the USA in droves to other countries. So it’s only some that don’t want change. But think this train has left the station.

Old 07-20-2019, 12:05 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I sent $500 to RAICES, a Texas nonprofit which offers pro bono legal assistance when the story broke, several weeks ago, to help deal with the back-up at the border, so people's cases can be processed more quickly and either be granted asylum or residency or told they cannot enter. Fewer people waiting at the border will help the terrible overcrowding.

I have served on and contribute financially to my church's Missions Committee, and give regularly to the Salvation Army. I donate to Heifer International, whose good works assist in helping poor folks in other countries do better, and thus stay in their countries of origin. I give to the Red Cross. I support and advocate for Reece's Rainbow and Bible Orphan Ministry.

That's for starters. What do YOU do?

I am in my 73rd year and live quite independently, actively, and successfully, so I think I've grown up. I hope I will always continue to grow in wisdom, knowledge, compassion, and judgment, of course. I also worked professionally with kids and families for almost 30 years, so issues concerning children also concern me.

No one is claiming we have infinite resources or that it is our job to take care of everyone on earth. That's your accusation, and it's untrue.

But those of us who try to follow Christ's teachings know who our neighbors, brothers and sisters are.
Rowing Fiend, my above post was in reaponse to your inquiry about how much of my own money I have given to try to help immigrants, refugees, and others. I also responded to your telling me I needed to "grow up".

You still have not answered my inquiry about what YOU yourself do in this regard.

So - what do YOU do?

Old 07-20-2019, 05:16 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I do. It’s great. Save even more on home repairs and remodeling.

Every American should be allowed to own an alien for seven years and then grant the alien a green card
Have you looked at your state laws? In many states if you have someone doing work on your property and that person isn't licensed and insured, should they get injured while working on your property, your homeowners' insurance won't cover it. Then suddenly, that cheap, exploitable, illegal labor isn't so cheap after all.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:09 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Have you looked at your state laws? In many states if you have someone doing work on your property and that person isn't licensed and insured, should they get injured while working on your property, your homeowners' insurance won't cover it. Then suddenly, that cheap, exploitable, illegal labor isn't so cheap after all.
I guess they think that hiring cheap, illegal labor to cut their costs while screwing over their fellow American workers is the American thing to do? Huh? What kind of Americans are these?

Old 07-21-2019, 08:13 AM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Rowing Fiend, my above post was in reaponse to your inquiry about how much of my own money I have given to try to help immigrants, refugees, and others. I also responded to your telling me I needed to "grow up".

You still have not answered my inquiry about what YOU yourself do in this regard.

So - what do YOU do?
I tutor and mentor AMERICAN CITIZENS through Big Brothers and pay an exorbitant amount of taxes. We have enough deserving U.S. citizens that need assistance and charity. My preference is to address their needs before the needs of people from other countries.

Old 07-21-2019, 03:39 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Why don't you do us a favor and answer his question instead of deflecting.
I did, by bringing up Barry Goldwater and the Civil Rights legislation.

Old 07-21-2019, 04:38 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
If somebody doesn't know that...they have to be mentally retarded
A whole lot of people are retarded.

Old 07-21-2019, 05:42 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,836,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If you think that the writers of the Constitution were including illegal aliens in the phrase "we the people" then you aren't dealing in reality.

You still can not distinguish between your opinion and law. "We the people" is not codified in any law I know of. The Consituion applies to everyone equally who is inside Americas borders and/or territories.

If it didn't we could just execute non citizens for simple law violations like speeding or jaywalking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies