Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 09:28 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
^Another useless post^.
And the issue is?

Cultures change ... 250 years of historical changes in the u.s. alone. Last I checked, German is a free country, which means they are free to make changes and we are critical why?
If it is another "useless post" then report it and expect to get it removed. If it is useless, why bother replying it?

In term of your second paragraph, somebody started a thread, we can discuss it. You can criticize it, you can cheer for it. This is a free country. <shrug>

Many of these posts in this particular thread belong to you, so obviously, you are very interested in this topic. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 09:31 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
You're question is working toward trying to trap this conversation into something personal when personal isn't an issue. Dirty pool if you ask me. But also means, all you have to add is useless questions to the topic.

There was a thread on this awhile back, and I got learned ... so no, the festival is still on going in China, you know it, I know it, how does that apply? And it is legal to eat dog in the u.s. ... so? If you want to eat dog, you can. Strange huh.
Look up California penal code 598b if you think eating dog is legal.

Also, why are you against your newly arrived immigrant neighbors if they bbqing their chihuahua and beating up their spouses? Are you a racist and refuse to embrace other cultures/traditions? You are a bad human being

Old 07-28-2019, 09:36 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
I am afraid that many Muslims may not ever be able or even want to assimilate to European or US culture. If they are devoutly religious in particular I feel their beliefs are too different from ours. (the Iranians I mentioned that I met were drinking and smoking at the party so they didn't seemed obsessed with religion. The women in fact joked that they liked the headwear so they didn't have to fix their hair) LOL They seemed pretty westernized IMO.

I have made comments showing I go out of my way to speak up for sentient beings that don't have a voice. It is something I am passionate about. I am hardly racist or non accepting towards humans and their different cultures. I am also quick to criticize the US for the myriad of ways I am seeing we have lost our way and our core morals as a society as compared to my youth too.

Being a realist I think people need to take a hard look (doesn't matter if you are L/R) whether our cultures could even mesh successfully.

These are the basics:

. Freedom of and from religion
. Freedom of expression
. Separation of church and state
. Democracy
. Rule of secular law
. Gender and LGBTQ equality

Each of these is opposed by Islamist ideology.
Why Jefferson’s vision of American Islam matters today

Islam, an American religion

"Muslims arrived in North America as early as the 17th century, eventually composing 15 to 30 percent of the enslaved West African population of British America. Muslims from the Middle East did not begin to immigrate to the United States as free citizens until the late 19th century. Key American Founding Fathers demonstrated a marked interest in the faith and its practitioners, most notably Thomas Jefferson."

Old 07-28-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
If it is another "useless post" then report it and expect to get it removed. If it is useless, why bother replying it?

In term of your second paragraph, somebody started a thread, we can discuss it. You can criticize it, you can cheer for it. This is a free country. <shrug>

Many of these posts in this particular thread belong to you, so obviously, you are very interested in this topic. lol
Just trying to respond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Look up California penal code 598b if you think eating dog is legal.

Also, why are you against your newly arrived immigrant neighbors if they bbqing their chihuahua and beating up their spouses? Are you a racist and refuse to embrace other cultures/traditions? You are a bad human being
And I got nothing.

Legal in 44 states

"It is legal in 44 states to eat a dog or a cat. What? Yes, your dog could end up on a plate with a side of rice and a carrot curl for garnish. It is illegal to sell dog or cat meat in the United States but 44 states allow its personal consumption. Indian reservations are exempt from such restrictions."

I don't know do I care about California, start a thread, as people tell me to do.

This is not a personal debate, stop trying to make it as one. Am I asking you personal questions? No. Whoop there it is.

Okay, now I have one ... what are you afraid of?

btw: OT

Germany has been going through culture changes since 1871 and I suspect it will continue to happen.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Just trying to respond.

And I got nothing.

Legal in 44 states

"It is legal in 44 states to eat a dog or a cat. What? Yes, your dog could end up on a plate with a side of rice and a carrot curl for garnish. It is illegal to sell dog or cat meat in the United States but 44 states allow its personal consumption. Indian reservations are exempt from such restrictions."

I don't know do I care about California, start a thread, as people tell me to do.

This is not a personal debate, stop trying to make it as one. Am I asking you personal questions? No. Whoop there it is.

You have one....what?

Are you still ok if your newly arrived immigrant neighbors bbqing their chihuahua and beating up their spouses as part of their culture? I mean, you are the one who thinks we should embrace and adopt other cultures after all.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:54 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Just trying to respond.

And I got nothing.

Legal in 44 states

Hmm, it looks like online debate is not "your thing".

For a person (you) who claims that "humanity is in trouble", you should know that rebuilding humanity starts with each individual. So answering a very simple yes or no question from an online poster regarding your moral code is not an unreasonable request. We just need to understand your moral standard or the moral code you choose to follow in order to avoid misunderstanding.

By the way, you have also asked the poster regarding his personal choice. The following is one example.

Quote:
Are you going to do it?

No where am I reading that eating pork is being banned in Germany and people are free to choose other day care centers.

Just as you and I are free to choose how we live our lives and how we conduct ourselves in respect to those we love.

btw: eating dog is legal in the u.s. Just so you know. So the question is, how much do we allow the government of our countries to rule over our lives?

Admit it or not, I don't think you really mind giving people a piece of your mind regarding your moral standard. (The above)

You are just afraid that by answering others questions (like the question Du ma asked you), you might expose your own hypocrisy.

which explains why you refuse to answer the question, "Why do you have no problems telling people to choose another day care center, but at the same time, Refuse to tell others to just not eat pork"

It is really a very simple question.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
You have one....what?

Are you still ok if your newly arrived immigrant neighbors bbqing their chihuahua and beating up their spouses as part of their culture? I mean, you are the one who thinks we should embrace and adopt other cultures after all.
We've been doing it since time began.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:55 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Where are we living? Saudi Arabia? This is just one more give in to Sharia law. The Sharia law lays out Islamic culinary restrictions. For a supposedly secular society, Germany under Merkel is sure doing a lot of bending to Islamists

Old 07-28-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
We've been doing it since time began.
So you are ok if your newly arrived immigrant neighbors bbqing their pet and beating their wives because it’s their tradition?

Ok, gotcha

That is all I need to see

Old 07-28-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Hmm, it looks like online debate is not "your thing".

For a person (you) who claims that "humanity is in trouble", you should know that rebuilding humanity starts with each individual. So answering a very simple yes or no question from an online poster regarding your moral code is not an unreasonable request.

By the way, you have also asked the poster regarding his personal choice. The following is one example.

Admit it or not, I don't think you really mind giving people a piece of your mind regarding your moral standard. (The above)

You are just afraid that by answering others questions (like the question Du ma asked you), you might expose your own hypocrisy.

which explains why you refuse to ask the question, "Why do you have no problems telling people to choose another day care center, but at the same time, telling others to just not eat pork"

It is really a very simple question.
Quote:
which explains why you refuse to ask the question, "Why do you have no problems telling people to choose another day care center, but at the same time, telling others to just not eat pork"
I said they are a free country. Are they not free to choose?
http://www.city-data.com/forum/55783273-post75.html
Decision to ban pork products at daycare centers in Germany causes uproar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies