Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 11:22 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Don't try to make this a Muslim issue. Strict Orthodox Jews not only won't eat pork, but Kosher rules will not allow the same pots, pans, and plates to be used for anything that was cooked with pork.

I am not Jewish myself but know this from growing up in NYC.
Yeah, but that is not the issue here.

It’s only becomes the issue if Orthodox Jews ban pork products at a (non-Jew) day care center to accommodate their needs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 11:33 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, dirty pool indeed.

I think Du Ma asked a valid question. Why don't you answer it?

It is funny that I noticed that you tell people to, "just choose another daycare center", but you refused to use the same rule to tell the others to "well, just don't eat pork, or start your own day care center."

hmm, dishonest, unfair, or unsportsmanlike conduct on your part.
very ellis bellian of him.

Old 07-28-2019, 12:18 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, dirty pool indeed.

I think Du Ma asked a valid question. Why don't you answer it?

It is funny that I noticed that you tell people to, "just choose another daycare center", but you refused to use the same rule to tell the others to "well, just don't eat pork, or start your own day care center."

hmm, dishonest, unfair, or unsportsmanlike conduct on your part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
very ellis bellian of him.
Really?

Poems by Ellis Bell

Which part?

PS: this thread reminds me of 'another brick on the wall', pink floyd.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 07-28-2019 at 12:40 PM..

Old 07-28-2019, 12:28 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Jews are not demanding the daycare centers cater to their views. So yes, this is a Muslim issue.
You may be right, but still ...
Daycare Pork Ban Incites Nationwide Outrage Across Germany

"Many parents of children who attend the daycare centers were unbothered by the notion to remove pork and supported the idea. One mother spoke to DPA about the “absurd” nature of the argument. She said that her 4-year-old daughter would not notice if her food contained pork or not."

I think some people just like to set their hair on fire and they don't need much of a reason to do it. Other people will look at it as just another day in the shade.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:11 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
time to send lots of gummy bears in sack lunches.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:27 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Where are we living? Saudi Arabia? This is just one more give in to Sharia law. The Sharia law lays out Islamic culinary restrictions. For a supposedly secular society, Germany under Merkel is sure doing a lot of bending to Islamists
I can't imagine Jews putting their kids into a non-sectarian pre-school and demanding that pork be totally abolished for everyone to accommodate the couple of Jewish kids. If it's that important to them, they would either put their kids in a kosher-style Jewish daycare or, if the kid is old enough, just tell him not to eat Mr. Piggie.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:38 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
So you are ok if your newly arrived immigrant neighbors bbqing their pet and beating their wives because it’s their tradition?

Ok, gotcha

That is all I need to see
LOL you are absolutely right. If immigrants were cooking puppies and kittens in their backyard even legal immigration would stop in it's tracks in the US right now. THAT would be beyond offensive to our culture and not be tolerated. In fact it would be the leftists that would open the door FIRST to kick them the FU out. LOL It's mind boggling when you think about it all on a deeper level. Just glad so many here "get it"

Old 07-28-2019, 01:54 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Don't try to make this a Muslim issue.
It is a Muslim issue.

The only thing worse than a whiny crying sniveling Muslim trying to ram their values down everyone's throat is a whiny crying sniveling christian doing the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
I am explaining WHY some cultures may feel this way. Pork was mentioned in the title. The US would do well to heed that part.
There's nothing wrong with eating pork. I grill out pork steaks every other Friday. They're yummy, especially with tzatziki.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:59 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
They've been complaining about their FREE lunch here since 2014. Eat a frickin salad then.

https://www.kpbs.org/news/2014/jun/0...an-diego-scho/

feel like the free and reduced lunch is a waste, because you're providing me with resources to get lunch because of my low income but, at the same time, you're not providing me with the lunch that I'm supposed to be eating," Haji said.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:07 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It is a Muslim issue.

The only thing worse than a whiny crying sniveling Muslim trying to ram their values down everyone's throat is a whiny crying sniveling christian doing the same thing.

There's nothing wrong with eating pork. I grill out pork steaks every other Friday. They're yummy, especially with tzatziki.
Don't shove Christianity assumptions down my throat. This is 'Merica. I bet your dog is pretty tasty too.

Pigs are actually considered the fifth-most intelligent animal in the world—even more intelligent than dogs—and are capable of playing video games with more focus and success than chimps!

They also have excellent object-location memory. If they find grub in one spot, they’ll remember to look there next time. Pigs possess a sophisticated sense of direction too. They can find their way home from huge distances away.

Pigs are sentient beings, who experience joy, loneliness, frustration, fear, and pain just like the animals with whom many of us share our lives.

https://mercyforanimals.org/pigs-are...nsitive-so-why
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies