Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2019, 11:57 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,261,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Who says I was pissy? People like you serve no purpose to the USA. I'm well aware of it, waste of energy to get pissy over it.
People like me? LMFAO. You're the butthurt one here. Who hurt your feelings? I never even said a damn thing to you and you started in on me so I'm not the one with the problem, you are.

Sorry, I don't worship your Giant Orange God
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 12:07 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,671,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Demonstrate your ignorance, yes, but why make a point of it?
How is that ignorant? Tens of thousands of people in caravans don't think they're entitled to citizenship? Then why are they even trying? Democrats appear to condone illegal immigration--Ca's governor basically told them to "come on in" and "here's free healthcare". You think they don't think they're entitled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon67 View Post
People like me? LMFAO. You're the butthurt one here. Who hurt your feelings? I never even said a damn thing to you and you started in on me so I'm not the one with the problem, you are.

Sorry, I don't worship your Giant Orange God
I only responded because your OP was really, really stupid and melodramatic. Guess what, WW3 hasn't happened yet. Trump has had "the briefcase" this whole time and nothing yet. So, cool your jets. Rational people aren't scared, as you claim.

Trump is not my "god", I didn't even vote for him in 2016 if you must know.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:15 AM

Quote:
How is that ignorant? Tens of thousands of people in caravans don't think they're entitled to citizenship? Then why are they even trying? Democrats appear to condone illegal immigration--Ca's governor basically told them to "come on in" and "here's free healthcare". You think they don't think they're entitled?

I only responded because your OP was really, really stupid and melodramatic. Guess what, WW3 hasn't happened yet. Trump has had "the briefcase" this whole time and nothing yet. So, cool your jets. Rational people aren't scared, as you claim.

Trump is not my "god", I didn't even vote for him in 2016 if you must know.
Hahahahaha. Look in the mirror.

You don't get to order others how to think. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
I worked for that money too...but I don’t live in a bubble, I live in a civilized society. I want clean air, safe food, safe drinking water, security, road safety, good schools, social safety net.....good public infrastructure which doesn’t pay for itself. And I want this under control of government by the people because I don’t trust private corporations who follow the profit motive and take short cuts and are not democratically accountable to the people.
+1

Old 08-07-2019, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Hahahahaha. Look in the mirror.

You don't get to order others how to think. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Again, who said I said I get to order others how to think? You keep putting words in my mouth.

Your OP was stupid, so I responded to it.

You said any rational person should be terrified or afraid or whatever that Trump has access to nuclear codes.

That's stupid.

There are lots of rational people out there that aren't terrified.

He has given no indication that he is, or wants to be, a warmonger President. We aren't in any war.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:35 AM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
First, he acts like a @Q#$@#% to an American City, Baltimore.
Now, he is doing it to a whole state.
It doesn't sound like he loves America to me, sounds like he hates it, actually.
By his own words, maybe he should love it or leave.
They are apart of America, whether he likes it or not, he is only interested in insulting them and trying to bring them down.
Pathetic, for a President to do that to his own cities and states.

He certainly isn't trying to America great again.
Agree, and what is Trump doing about the crime and rat infestation in Washington DC. It's just as bad as Baltimore and New York City and a few other cities.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:38 AM

8,500 posts, read 4,744,511 times
Quote:
Again, who said I said I get to order others how to think? You keep putting words in my mouth.

You said any rational person should be terrified or afraid or whatever that Trump has access to nuclear codes.

That's stupid.

He has given no indication that he is, or wants to be, a warmonger President. We aren't in any war.
I wouldn’t classify him as a warmonger, but he hasn’t made the effort to pull back which was a backbone of his campaign. That was the one reason I liked him as a candidate.

The “nuclear button” doesn’t exist, but I don’t particularly like having someone who lives on an impulsive brand having the nuclear football.

I’m not that worried, but I’m not that confident, either.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:41 AM

Quote:

That's stupid.

So what? I think half the stuff you've said on this thread is stupid. Big whoopdidoo lol. I don't like to go around insulting people for the most part though so I didn't respond to you directly. But, I will respond to people that insult me or tell me to leave simply for having a different opinion. Differing opinions are as American as apple pie, and our freedom of speech guarantees that right.

Look, you like the guy. Fine. I sure as hell don't expect to change that. I HATE him. To be fair, I've hated the man since long before he entered office.

He is untrustworthy, and his penchant for alienating our long-standing allies while sidling up to questionable world leaders gives many of us pause for good reason.

Yes, in my opinion, any RATIONAL person is terrified. Also, IMPO, I can't understand how a person could have voted him into office to begin with, much less trust him to act in the country's best interests.

Trump may have won Electoral College, but in sheer numbers, he lost. That means something. It means he got in on a technicality.

So, I'm good with agreeing to disagree.

Leave the ad hominem crap out. It certainly doesn't help people communicate.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:50 AM

Quote:

Look, you like the guy. Fine. I sure as hell don't expect to change that. I HATE him. To be fair, I've hated the man since long before he entered office.

He is untrustworthy, and his penchant for alienating our long-standing allies while sidling up to questionable world leaders gives many of us pause for good reason.

Yes, in my opinion, any RATIONAL person is terrified. Also, IMPO, I can't understand how a person could have voted him into office to begin with, much less trust him to act in the country's best interests.
Well, half or more than half of the country aren't rational human beings then. Talk about sweeping generalizations.

Quote:
Trump may have won Electoral College, but in sheer numbers, he lost. That means something. It means he got in on a technicality.
See this is why I respond to things. This isn't accurate. The EC was established for good reason. If there were no EC, we'd be stuck with a liberal President elected by CA and NY 95% of the time.

Quote:
.So, I'm good with agreeing to disagree.
That's fine with me.

Quote:
Leave the ad hominem crap out. It certainly doesn't help people communicate.
Ok, leave the sweeping generalizations out, then. It doesn't do any favors, either.

Old 08-07-2019, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Well, half or more than half of the country aren't rational human beings then. Talk about sweeping generalizations.
Where do you get your figures from?

Quote:
See this is why I respond to things. This isn't accurate. The EC was established for good reason. If there were no EC, we'd be stuck with a liberal President elected by CA and NY 95% of the time.
It's still a technicality. More people still voted for HRC than Trump. Many Americans would like to see the EC abolished completely.

Quote:
That's fine with me
Good.

Quote:
Ok, leave the sweeping generalizations out, then. It doesn't do any favors, either.
Take your own advice. You're trashing the most economically powerful state in the nation. I mean, California pays more into the American 'Pot' as it were than any other state. 5th largest economy in the world? That's pretty substantial.

I'm 6th generation California Native on both sides(no longer living there due to my heat/sun intolerance, among other things) so forgive me for feeling a little defensive. There are many things about California worth loving, even if you're not Progressive It's the same argument I use on myself as to why I love Alaska, despite the fact I don't fit here politically. The good news for me though is that there are pockets of like-minded people here, not to mention the million other things about Alaska that are worth loving :P

Still, California is near and dear to me and I will always love my home state, even if it is way too hot and crowded for me now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies