Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2019, 03:42 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And you know what? People who live in California have every right to be defensive.

Let me tell you something. Mississippi isn't my cup of tea. There are many things I don't like about Mississippi. At the same time, I try to keep a modicum of respect and I understand that there are people who do make it home. I bring up alot of statistics, but bringing up statistics is different from flat out trashing a place.

Have you ever thought about why some people get defensive when someone trashes their hometown?
But why care what Trump thinks ?

Because he’s the President ?

That shouldn’t matter. Trump looks stupid making his comment whether he is the POTUS or just a well known developer.

IMO, showing offense re what he said = allowing Trump to ‘bring one down in the mud with him’.

I’m a 5th Generation California native. I’m probably more critical of the state than Trump is, but I don’t care what he thinks.

Additionally, I don’t believe him. I don’t think he really thinks the state is a disgrace. If he did, he’d sell the Trump National Golf Club Los Angeles, or at least try to.

He’s just lashing out like a toddler because he’s butt hurt about the legislation that Newsom signed. His feelings are hurt.

Last edited by RMESMH; 08-07-2019 at 03:52 AM.. Reason: Added content
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 03:45 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,010,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
But why care what Trump thinks ?

Because he’s the President ?

That shouldn’t matter. Trump looks stupid making his comment whether he is the POTUS or just a well known developer.

IMO, showing offense re what he said - allowing Trump to ‘bring you down in the mud with him’.
EXACTLY!!!!!

I'm sure Californians aren't losing sleep when Trump trashes their state. 40 million of them.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:48 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
One thing you have to say about Trump, he really has united this country !

Old 08-07-2019, 05:29 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
California: home to more Americans than any other state.

tRump and his followers hate them.

Hate is a recurring theme with them.

Old 08-07-2019, 05:52 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon67 View Post

It's still a technicality. More people still voted for HRC than Trump. Many Americans would like to see the EC abolished completely.

Many would NOT like to see it abolished as well since it is working exactly as it should. Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
One thing you have to say about Trump, he really has united this country !

He has given us the great economic opportunities despite the constant character assassinations attacks from the left and their propaganda outlets. Also several months of under 4% unemployment..how many months of under 4% unemployment did we have under Obama?

A lot of California is a disgrace to this country so once again, he is correct. been to skid row lately or walked around SF?

Last edited by tipsyguam; 08-07-2019 at 06:00 AM..

Old 08-07-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Many would NOT like to see it abolished as well since it is working exactly as it should. Now what?

He has given us the great economic opportunities despite the constant character assassinations attacks from the left and their propaganda outlets. Also several months of under 4% unemployment..how many months of under 4% unemployment did we have under Obama?

A lot of California is a disgrace to this country so once again, he is correct. been to skid row lately or walked around SF?
I doubt you will want to hear the TRUTH, but the cold, hard facts are, Trump rode in on an economy that Obama started, and Obama did such a great job that even Donald Trump, in all his ineptness, STILL continues to stay fairly stable. But just in case you want to see factual information for a change, instead of what you want to believe, here are some numbers of what the country was like when Obama left office:

The economy gained a net 11.6 million jobs.

The unemployment rate dropped to below the historical norm.

Average weekly earnings for all workers were up 4.0 percent after inflation. The gain was 3.7 percent for just production and nonsupervisory employees.

After-tax corporate profits also set records, as did stock prices. The S&P 500 index rose 166 percent.

The number of people lacking health insurance dropped by 15 million. Premiums rose, but more slowly than before.

Illegal immigration declined: The Border Patrol caught 35 percent fewer people trying to get into the U.S. from Mexico. How do you like THAT statistic ?

Wind and solar power increased 369 percent. Coal production declined 38 percent. Carbon emissions from burning fossil fuel dropped 11 percent.
Now, if you have any "facts" to the contrary, let's discuss those. But I doubt you will have any to provide.

One thing I have to say though, you are honest in admitting you are posting from Russia !!

Last edited by don1945; 08-07-2019 at 08:54 AM..

Old 08-07-2019, 09:00 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,010,747 times
Kind of hoping the idiot trashes my state of 19 million since I have no regard for the dumbass' opinion. Speaking of which, about 2017, I stopped having much regard or respect for the basket of deplorables' opinions. I'm starting to use the phrase "You don't say?" when idiot Trumpkinz blather about something they don't like about the country.

Old 08-07-2019, 09:10 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
How is that ignorant? Tens of thousands of people in caravans don't think they're entitled to citizenship?
Asylum != citizenship. No one has - in your terms - "walk(ed) right in and demand(ed) citizenship". The more you know...

Old 08-07-2019, 09:31 AM

One of the biggest problems with Donald Trump is that he just can not control himself. For a man of his age, you would think he would have learned when to react to something and when to brush it off. But he is absolutely so insecure and immature that he lets every little thing get under his thin skin, and he goes off on a tangent.

For once, just once, if he ever was able to start a sentence without finishing it up with some slam or insult to someone else, I would swallow my teeth. He is the most negative, nastiest, dumbest, least educated person to ever hold this job. Just what we want in the man who makes life and death decisions for the rest of us !

How anyone can find one shred of anything positive in this jerk really hurts my head.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:05 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Why didn't all the rich and famous retardates in the social media light leave like they said they would if Trump won in 2016? It's been over three years now and none of them have left yet.
I suspect at least some love America too much to leave and feel that staying to fight against Trump serves them and America better, but frankly I can't speak for other people. I think it's hardly important to focus on what some rich and famous people do or say when what matters more is what our politicians do and say.

What Trump keeps saying matters more to me than what Kim Kardashian has to say, for example. If you get my meaning...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies