Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 05:27 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Hey, I have no problem if Texans want to issue a gun to every nut out there. Go ahead. They are already at 3X the gun violence rate of my "reasonable" state and maybe they can "gun" for more.....

Me? I'm going to choose to live in - and visit - and support....places that care about human beings and civil society. At some point even Texans will tire of the slaughter. Many will die first. But that is what they want.

But, please, try to keep the gun nuts at home. I think that is the natural tendency anyway so am not too worried for now.

Still, Texas delivers us mass death in more ways than one. Nuts like (native) Alex Jones rile up hate all over the country...

There will be a point when decent Americans take over and say no. I may not live to see it, but it will likely happen. I'm an optimist because the alternative to that is either failed country or some splits in the Union (which is really fine with me too....if some people desire a more violent society, let them wall themselves off).
The only nuts are those who think criminals will give up guns because of a law. The only nuts are those who are not man enough to defend themselves and think government will protect them.

What would you know about decent people or doing the right thing? You supported Hillary. How about you quit trying to violate rights and run your own life?

45,230 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I'm sure lots of useless thoughts and prayers are issuing forth as we speak.
The perp has been arrested and there is a mechanism in place to deal with him, nothing more need be done.

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So what? I will ask the question again.

What does indiscriminately shooting people at a Wal-Mart have to do with "White nationalism"?
We will see in time that it was not indiscriminate but that he was targeting hispanic looking people. Early accounts suggest that to be the case. Then again, El Paso is majority Hispanic so it could be coincidence.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:28 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1
They may not be new, but they're soaring.
250 incidents in 2019 through the end of July, killing almost 1,000 people? That's pretty new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
They don't want to know the facts,
they have their "feelings"

And they have people who pass disinformation and deceptive
so called statistics in order to increase the danger from
the creation of a polices state.
Someone in this thread provided a link to a list of 2019 incidents. Do you think half of them were made up?

I'm okay with gun owners, although I don't see the need for some assault weapons. I do think we need a better system for background checks - probably similar to Canada.

So, sorry, keep clutching your whatever it is you have and stop lying that there hasn't been a huge increase in these events in recent years.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:28 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of this horrible tragedy.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:29 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Can you prove the bold?
Our Revolutionary War is proof enough that we need guns for protection. At least the men see that. The children are too busy running and hiding waiting for government to protect them.

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
The problem is what do you plan to do about the police state and our freedoms and our being harassed.
I do not want the cops either to protect us, because they cause more damage and death than the bad guys since they are so trigger happy these days.

If I see a large gathering of cop cars and cops with their lights going on the road, I RUN the other way because it is not safe with them around.

Cops do zero to take care of the problem, they just clean it up after it is all said and done.

Do you think cops are going to play Rambo and take out the bad guy?
They want to go home at night safe and sound.
They are going to exit the buildings and stake out a position waiting for the bad guy that never leaves because majority of the time, they off themselves as well.

That is exactly right- cops clean up the mess after it happens.

It would have been a different story in Dallas- the guy would have been killed by the patrons.

If they are going to have store security, give them AR-15s, At-10s, or AKs to take out people with higher fire power. Mass shooters tend to use rifles, not pistols, so one should be comparably armed.

18,744 posts, read 7,613,748 times
If all law-abiding citizens were allowed co carry a concealed weapon, and everybody knew they could, would someone planning to shoot up a Walmart be just as likely to go ahead anyway?

Most people still wouldn’t bother carrying, but a few would. And the shooter would’t know which ones in the crowd, they were.

Some of the shooters would likely change their minds and not do it in the first place.

And how many lives would be saved as a result, without a shot being fired?

Old 08-03-2019, 05:30 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,223,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
White nationalism is an ideologically driven. It's the exact same thing.

Stop looking at side effects. Most of these shooters are drawn to extremist ideology because they are losers with nothing going on in their lives. Finding a way to give them purpose would be much more effective than trying to take away one of many violent weapons they could choose.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:31 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,336,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
No good guys with guns in TX? Where are all the lame excuses about gun free zones?
You would think with 1,000 people supposed in the WalMart at the time of the shooting, a few of them had to have a gun attached to their hip, no?

Even if there was an armed security guard at the entrance/exit of this WalMart, the shooter could have easily just blown him away with a single shot, before the guard even had a chance to draw his gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies