Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2019, 10:37 PM

10,757 posts, read 5,676,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Alright. How can I argure with that. But my history of the 30 06 and everything that came from it had no hlole. The 06 gave birth to a whole slew of what are now common rounds. My favorite of which has o be the 243. I have dreamed of an AR 10 type rifle in 308 with a spare barrel in 243. no more than a spare barrel required to have two rifles.

mags, bolt group,everything else crosses over. And I rather fell for the 243 in a 788 I had. I lament it's loss. Everything from coyotes to mule deer.All thanks to the old 06. And its and the 762x51s development as a military round.
The 06 and (most) everything that has been derived from it is amazing.

Old 08-13-2019, 10:52 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Neither the 5.56 nor the .223 were developed as a varmint cartridge.

I deer/hog and coyote hunt with my 5.56.
The Ruger 10-22 is hard to beat for all the littler stuff.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:11 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yeah, if history has taught us anything, it's that government never kills its own citizens.

Well, except for the nearly 300 million killed by their own governments in the last 100 years.
I hope you are Living in a suburb of Houston but acting as if you are in Saudi or Siberia.

How many of its own citizens has the US government killed??

Old 08-14-2019, 06:35 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
I hope you are Living in a suburb of Houston but acting as if you are in Saudi or Siberia.

Since the 1950s when they infected black men with syphilis or the 60s-70s when they used Agent Orange on our own troops?

Old 08-14-2019, 06:42 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Since the 1950s when they infected black men with syphilis or the 60s-70s when they used Agent Orange on our own troops?
Don’t forget the 1,862 who died in the Japanese internment camps during WW2.

Old 08-14-2019, 07:31 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:

Not near so many as ME theocracies, the Soviet Union, and communist China, certainly. Not to mention a lot of other more obscure places. All with one thing in common. A disarmed citizenry. That being said I do not personally believe we have the US government to worry about fighting (yet) but we do have a huge armed criminal element to worry about.

An element the police cannot protect us from even if they were under any obligation to do so. Which they are not and this has been judicially ruled. With Heavily armed and equally well financed gangs occupying large areas of our cities under command of their masters the cartels we already have an invading army with a lot more than a beach head here. And they are getting bigger and bolder.

The police are now carrying full auto M4s and other of this type of weapon as standard in regular patrol cars. LE also has armored vehicles, heavy weapons up to 50 BMG, grenade launchers, high capacity side arms from 9mm to 45 ACP, and all sorts of other forward deployed military goodies.

Which they have shown a great enthusiasm for using. There have been a lot of threads here dealing with that fact and a great many of those showed some pretty...bad conduct...by police officers. One of the worst I remember being the two cops playing Simon Says with this guy in a motel hallway before one of them grew weary of the game and shot the guy 5 times with his M4, which was emblazoned with a colorful slogan expressing his desire to kill with the weapon.

So, if cops, who are riddled with people like I just described feel they need these weapons I see no reason at all that we citizens should not be allowed the very same stuff. I don't personally feel the need for full auto, but that's just me. And the cops have been the guilty parties in the more recent massacres of US citizens. Philadelphia in the 80s where they fire bombed a neighborhood killing 60 and injuring a lot more, Waco, Ruby Ridge etc.

If an order for firearms confiscation were to come down I think the cops would be the most enthusiastic about doing so, IF they thought they could do so in relative safety and impunity. As things stand they don't have that. Nor should they.

And it was the US government responsible for Waco and Ruby Ridge, which I believe would have been the case at the Bundy Ranch were it not for the presence of armed citizens. As much leftist derision was given that incident were it not for the armed counter the feds would have killed the entire family just to make a point.

It would be a mistake to trust the government and its stooges pard. To add, when the Chinese decide to act in Hong Kong we will see in no ucertain terms what an oppressive government will do to it's unarmed citizenry. It won't be pretty, and they are going to do it. The Chinese are the past masters of subjugation and still live by Maos strategy and tactics. They are going to roll on Hong Kong and it will make Tianamen look like a Sunday picnic.

Last edited by NVplumber; 08-14-2019 at 08:28 AM..

Old 08-14-2019, 07:40 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
Quote:

Civil war comes to mind.

Old 08-14-2019, 07:42 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Don’t forget the 1,862 who died in the Japanese internment camps during WW2.
In recent years, the US government has been involved in helping other countries torture and kill their own citizens with no due process.

We continue to support fairly nefarious "leaders" as well.

When Germany exterminated millions, they weren't some Stone age gang of barbarians. They were on the edge of modern rocketry and splitting the atom. They had a society ripe with philosophers and artists. The had great universities and theorists. I'd bet most Germans could have never imagined the horrors their country was capable until they were known.

Old 08-14-2019, 08:12 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Civil war comes to mind.

And not just Confederate soldiers and citizens who these grabbers will just label as traitors who had it coming. Union citizens on Union ground. Like NYC. Where the US government asked and allowed foreign flagged warships to fire artillery into the city while troops marched on and killed people en masse.

1932, where Hoover turned MacAurther loose on US citizens. Cavalry infantry and armor. The US government is not so mild and benevolent as that poster and many like him/her would like to or have us believe.

If they could get away with it there would be much more happening an these hand wringing "humanitarian" leftist are the worst off the lot. If they were in a position to do so we would all be forced at gun and bayonet point into their way of thinking. For our own and that of the nations good of course.

Old 08-14-2019, 08:58 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Obama and his minions excuted an american citizen without any due process and got away with it. He later murdered the victims son.
Get that? Obama straight up murdered two US citizens; there was no trial, no evidence presented, no defense allowed to the victims, it was all was done on Obamas say-so, based on a secret kill list. People need to really let that sink in if they haven't done so already.
Of course the murderous actions of Obama set a legal precedent and Trump has now killed the victims 8-year old daughter, who was also a US citizen.
If your govt maintains a secret kill list and can kill its citzenry without due process, what does it say about that govt? Aren't regimes of this type the ones condemned abroad as third world?
If I'm living under such a regime I want the best possible equipment to defend myself and you should too.

Oh of course Im just being dramatic, the US isnt anything like those other evil dictatorships. How could we be when we have the best new cars with low interest financing, 30 varieties of salad dressing and 20 different brands of laundry detergent on our grocers shelves,hundreds of cable channels to choose from, the latest and greatest iPhones...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies