Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 11:31 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Now that won't occur. Epstein will never be a witness, and any testimony he made will just be dismissed as "heresay" without him being able to be called as a witness.

His "suicide" just ensured this goes no further than Epstein.
He testimony would not have necessarily been credible. His death is meaningless.

He might have unaltered and credible tapes stored in a cloud or vault anywhere in the world that could be released at any point in time, including post humous.

The whereabouts of his partner in crime, Ghislaine Maxwell, who recruited and groomed teen girls and named in many previously settled suits, remains unknown. She knows as much if not more than Epstein what went down. She has more than enough money to change her identity and live a very comfortable life somewhere in the world.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:32 AM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Epstein was no longer on suicide watch, for some inexplicable reason. And he was being held by the feds, not local police.

This is why the Attorney General is involved in whatever investigation there will be. His suicide makes federal custody look awful. Remember Bulger was killed while in federal custody. I expect someone to be fired, at the very least.

I honestly do not know if someone came into the cell and hanged him, or whether he was allowed to do it himself, or whether he figured out a way to do it on his own without alarming his guards. But yes, the timing of the suicide—or the “suicide”—is suspicious. But to assume the Clintons had anything to do with it is absurd.

I do remember that Epstein was said to sit with his head down during his last court appearance. That might have been a sign of extreme despondence.

While I have no feelings of compassion for him, I am not sorry he has died. I really, really wanted him to feel the terrible sting of a long prison term. He managed to escape that, in the end. So at the last, justice was thwarted again.

This.

Bill Barr will vet to the bottom of this. He's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I haven't seen photos, not sure if I want to, but supposedly Epstein's body was removed in public with his face exposed. Normal procedure is to cover up a dead body.

Also people who saw the pic said it didn't look like Epstein. Different nose and ears.

Didn't former prosecutor Acosta say (or perhaps someone else did) that one reason Epstein got a mild sentence in Florida was because he was CIA. As a long time pilot who owned planes and helicopters and the fact that he had fake passports to give himself diplomatic immunity gives credence to that speculation. Sex was just a small part while the rest had to do with weapons and drug smuggling, a decades long CIA business, which might explain his vast wealth.
Come on now.

This story is spinning out of control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Yeah, we saw what happened with the #Metoo inquisition. It was virtually all lefties that got caught up in that sweep. This appears to be basically the same exact pattern poised to happen, yet again. This time right as the election cycle is heating up.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Trump's cartel is much bigger than the Clinton's.
I thought Clinton got the popular vote... What changed?
Ooh snap!

Timmyy, you got owned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I find it really interesting that the same % that say no are about the same that always vote SJW. How could ANYONE at this point, say no?
Not sure I understand what you're saying here. If I understand you correctly, I don't agree. The list of folks looks way too diverse and scattered across political lines imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
If Trump had gone to Epstein's pedophile island, there is no way Epstein would be killed or given opportunity to commit suicide in a Manhattan prison.

THey would have had 100 people in the room watching him 24-7 if he had the goods on DJT. They would have had him in handcuffs and a straitjacket.

Testifying against Trump would be his way of getting a lesser sentence or even full immunity. That's how our government works right now with so many liberal partisans in it.
This!

He would have been strapped to a two-wheeled dolly Hannibal Lecter-style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Yes...WTH is it with demonizing the Clintons?? It's BS. It's as if those purporting these notions are living in an altered universe...
Yeah, you do Peter Strzok and Lisa Page and the gang proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
You seem to know much more than the FBI, Senate and House who investigated Trump with a fine tooth comb and found, oddly, NOTHING illegal.

For the sake of God and Country you must give Adam Schiff your evidence, tout de suite! He may be indicted himself before the end of the year so time is of the essence!
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
If Bill & Hillary are so diabolical and powerful that they can just kill anyone who gets in their way, then why isn't Hillary the president now?
First of all, because of me.

Secondly, she got far too close, don't y'all think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well the Russians of course. They protected Trump and got him elected.
It's just that no one in Congress or the Federal Government can prove it.

Maybe the Russians are more powerful and diabolical than the Clintons ?

Wussia Wussia Wussia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
God she is a disgusting slithery snake. Thank God for President Donald J Trump and my vote.

Last edited by McGowdog; 08-12-2019 at 12:44 PM..

Old 08-12-2019, 11:34 AM

43,121 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
The jail WAS lax, and he should have had protection. He was supposed to be checked every 30 minutes, and he was supposed to have had a roommate. Neither of these guarantees were met.

These things were to prevent a suicide. The prosecution needed Epstein to be alive, not dead.

Because proper procedures were not followed, it appears his death was at least facilitated, if not arranged.

At least we are spared having footage of the man hanging himself, although I know some would derive sick pleasure watching it. But cameras were only placed in hallways, not rooms.

I hope the Bureau of Prisons gets a management shakeup, at the very least. They had guards on mandatory overtime guarding their most valuable prisoner. Apparently the place has a staffing problem. Since it is known to be a hellhole, I can imagine why.

I know large numbers of people believe in complex conspiracy theories. They seldom believe bad things about the people they like and trust though. Usually they are most willing to believe bad things about people they hate or disdain. No crime is too horrible to imagine this person committing. Often, people ascribe immense power to the hated person, or persons. The Clintons are such a target for many now. But there is no evidence that the Clintons had anything to do with Epstein’s death, or that Bill associated with him in recent years. Nor, has anyone credibly accused him of molesting young girls with Epstein. I think Bill used Epstein and Epstein used Bill. Bill needed transportation and Epstein craved the respect he would garner in doing favors for Bill.

If evidence—not speculative accusations—proves me wrong, I’ll be appalled and certainly would revise my opinion.
El Chapo was held there you know. Why ? Because of security. MCC is (maybe was now) a high security prison...said to be tougher than Guantanamo Bay.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/n...jail.html?_r=0

This is where federal agents brought Joaquín Guzmán Loera, the drug lord known as El Chapo, when he was extradited to the United States last week after two escapes from high-security Mexican prisons.

The Metropolitan Correctional Center, which held Ramzi Ahmed Yousef, the mastermind of the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center, and Bernard L. Madoff, who orchestrated a $20 billion Ponzi scheme, has a reputation for stringent security measures.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:37 AM

37,217 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
he dropped Trump when he met Big Daddy Clinton.
Epstein and Trump parted ways in a fight over a mansion in Palm Beach in 2004. Google it.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
So at the last, justice was thwarted again.

Epstein was a pedo peddler to the global elite..heads of state, royalty, global billionaires, etc.
That document release was the tip of the iceberg and the names released were like a who's who of the rich and famous.

Oh yes, justice was thwarted and would have seen heads rolling all over the world.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:42 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
His death while in jail was predicted before they got him there.

Never forget Seth Rich.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:44 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
El Chapo was held there you know. Why ? Because of security. MCC is (maybe was now) a high security prison...said to be tougher than Guantanamo Bay.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/n...jail.html?_r=0

This is where federal agents brought Joaquín Guzmán Loera, the drug lord known as El Chapo, when he was extradited to the United States last week after two escapes from high-security Mexican prisons.

The Metropolitan Correctional Center, which held Ramzi Ahmed Yousef, the mastermind of the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center, and Bernard L. Madoff, who orchestrated a $20 billion Ponzi scheme, has a reputation for stringent security measures.
I did know that El Chapo had been held there.

The fact that the guards were working extreme OT, and are short staffed supposedly came from actual prison workers. I do credit this until proven false. Epstein was left unwatched all night. This was a violation of the agreement Justice had with the Bureau of Prisons. If there is a conspiracy, I’d point to the lifting of the suicide watch, which should not have been allowed. But Epstein was a cunning manipulator. I suppose he managed to convince someone in authority that he was not interested in suicide. That is my supposition. But there may be other facts that come to light.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:50 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
His death while in jail was predicted before they got him there.

Never forget Seth Rich.
Yep. I wonder how many tens of millions of Americans expected that Epstein would pretty quickly be killed in prison.

Anyone want to weigh in on that question?

Old 08-12-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I did know that El Chapo had been held there.

The fact that the guards were working extreme OT, and are short staffed supposedly came from actual prison workers. I do credit this until proven false. Epstein was left unwatched all night. This was a violation of the agreement Justice had with the Bureau of Prisons. If there is a conspiracy, I’d point to the lifting of the suicide watch, which should not have been allowed. But Epstein was a cunning manipulator. I suppose he managed to convince someone in authority that he was not interested in suicide. That is my supposition. But there may be other facts that come to light.
Yup..out of all the prisons in the US they brought El Chapo, the master of escape, to MCC because MCC has the strictest security.

The Chief Psychologist and the Warden would be the two that allow suicide watches to be lifted.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:51 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
His death while in jail was predicted before they got him there. Never forget Seth Rich.
The murder of Seth Rich spawned several right-wing conspiracy theories, including the false claim that Rich had been involved with the leaked DNC emails in 2016, contradicted by the law enforcement branches that investigated the murder.

It was also contradicted by the July 2018 indictment of 12 Russian military intelligence agents for hacking the e-mail accounts and networks of Democratic Party officials and by the U.S. intelligence community's conclusion the leaked DNC emails were part of Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections.

Rich's parents condemned the conspiracy theorists and said that these individuals were exploiting their son's death for political gain, and their spokesperson called the conspiracy theorists "disgusting sociopaths". They requested a retraction and apology from Fox News after the network promoted the conspiracy theory, and sent a cease and desist letter to the investigator Fox News used. The investigator stated that he had no evidence to back up the claims which Fox News attributed to him. Fox News issued a retraction, but did not apologize or publicly explain what went wrong. In response, the Rich family sued Fox News in March 2018 for having engaged in "extreme and outrageous conduct" by fabricating the story defaming their son and thereby intentionally inflicting emotional distress on them.

from wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Seth_Rich
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies