Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know a white supremist
Yes i know a real white supremist 58 25.66%
No 153 67.70%
Every white male is a white supremist so yes for that reason. 15 6.64%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 10:11 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
No, but I've known many "white separatists". The Not In My Neighborhood types who don't dislike minorities/foreigners and aren't racist per se, but don't necessarily want low income minorities or third world illegal immigrants living next door or in their neighborhoods in public or Section 8 housing, bringing down property values. Or they just don't like the "cultural diversity".
They're entitled to their preferences.

Do you mean like Cher?

Old 08-12-2019, 10:14 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm not deciding anything for you or claiming that every single white person has much in common. I don't honestly know what you are. But you are the one trying to decide for me what those things you mention consist of and trying to change the meaning of the constitution. The constitution doesn't really speak to immigration and multiculturalism.
You seem to think you have the right to control who your neighbors are or are not. You don't, your desire to live in a monoculture would impinge upon the rights of other US citizens by denying where they can live. It would also violate the Fair Housing Act.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:17 AM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Thanks for sharing. You don't read as a racist person at all.....unlike most who seem hell bent on not admitting that anything past or present was racist.....out of fear they are "arming liberalism".
One thing I will add is that with my father seemingly having racist view it's actually funny but as he got older he mellowed out. We have in our immediate and extended family a lot of non-whites. Black people, Asian people and Latin people. I remember how my dad used to dote on one of his great nieces. She's half black and white and seeing a pic of her she had this great big smile and was cuter than hell. I think that little girl helped my dad, helped him to see the error of his ways.

I had hoped so. He passed away about three years ago now.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:19 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
If you spend any time on C-D you will most definitely encounter people who think that the white race is better than all others.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:20 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Did you know that a word can sometimes have TWO meanings?

Japanese is a nationality and a race, we can add ethnicity into the mix if you really want to but it is also separate from race (for example Hispanic is an ethnicity that includes multiple races). But even the Japanese Nationality law recognizes that children born in Japan, to those who are not ethnically Japanese are Japanese by nationality.
Duh I know there's two meanings nationality and ethnicity, and I'll add cultural. I'm saying you can't become ethnically something just by living among thus who are. The Japanese are a distinct ethnicity of the Asian race.

Quote:
As a westerner who grew up in an Asian country, I can tell you point blank, you are wrong. The children who are born, raised, and grow up in a country their parents immigrated to will have more in common with their fellow citizens than those from the country their parents immigrated from. I get that you FEEL that isn't the case, and you are entitled to your feelings but your feelings are not facts.
That's not my point. On average and in general people in a country of the same ethnicity will have more in common with each other than they will with people of other ethnicities residing in the country.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:21 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
I used to, but I don't think they are anymore. But one of my best friends stepbrother is a true white supremacist. He is among the "top dogs" for a whole organisation ( or whatever it's called ) in Germany and Sweden. He is a bad person.

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 08-12-2019 at 10:29 AM..

Old 08-12-2019, 10:22 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
You people!

Yes, you people.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:23 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
If you spend any time on C-D you will most definitely encounter people who think that the white race is better than all others.

I disagree. I think they think they are better than MOST others. They don't think they are inferior to any, however. Its only the "Asians" that they feel are as "Smart" as they are. To me white supremacy is simply believing that the white race is superior to one or more other races. In the context of black/white relationships, white supremacy is the belief that whites are superior to blacks. In regards to Asians....I don't think whites feel superior to Asians.....and because of this many might not feel they are "Supremacist" because such a label would mean they feel superior to all races without exception. It's akin to some people thinking they are not racist against blacks.....because they have one or more black friends. In other words, racism is to have no exceptions to the rule in their minds.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:25 AM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
No, but I've known many "white separatists". The Not In My Neighborhood types who don't dislike minorities/foreigners and aren't racist per se, but don't necessarily want low income minorities or third world illegal immigrants living next door or in their neighborhoods in public or Section 8 housing, bringing down property values. Or they just don't like the "cultural diversity".
They're entitled to their preferences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Not at all. Just that they are rare and not around every corner like the media makes them out to be.
I would tend to agree, I don't think that there's a racist lurking around every corner. I'm sure of that. Mrs. Skeffington's post is probably a bit closer to the truth. Not sure how much of that is class based versus race based. Maybe a bit of both, I don't know.

I think that her post is probably more true than I'd like it to be. I'll be honest in that I don't like living near poverty. I grew up a bit on the poorer side and I've worked hard to get into a nice solid middle classs lifestyle and I don't wanna be around all of that. I have no active dislike for them, It's just depressing to be around poverty and homeless people and seeing all of our societal ills. It's like they are everywhere now. You can't go to a store or mall without running the gauntlet of people hitting you up for money and whatnot.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:30 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
You seem to think you have the right to control who your neighbors are or are not. You don't, your desire to live in a monoculture would impinge upon the rights of other US citizens by denying where they can live. It would also violate the Fair Housing Act.
And you don't seem to think you have the right to essentially pick who our neighbors, classmates, coworkers etc will be by advocating for open borders, mass immigration and multiculturalism lol?

I haven't said anything about where Americans can live within America. But now that you mentioned it, I don't think you are the government should tell people how they can handle their private property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies