Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2019, 07:36 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
B.S. Those are excuses. Someone with the wherewithal to learn can compete for those jobs.
No, you and yours are making excuses for illegal aliens. Americans already held all of those jobs but were replaced by cheap, illegal labor to increase the employers profits. An American just entering the workforce can't get those once good paying jobs for the same reason. They have to be able to speak Spanish and work for less than a fair wage. It's not that they are lazy or don't have the skills to do them. Are you and yours really this clueless??????

As for crop picking jobs it's not a career job for Americans and is only seasonal work but there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign workers so why do we need illegal aliens for those jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I lived in Naples for 10 years. How many lily white Americans what to pick tomatoes or get up on a South Florida roof when the Heat Indexes are over 100 degrees?

Damn, I could not take 45 minutes of being out in the Noon day sun for Recess with little kids.
I live in Calif. and prior to the illegal invasion it was Americans that did roofing jobs, etc. We have aways had a large American blue-collared workforce in our country. Crop picking is not a career job for Americans and is only seasonal work but we have unlimited visas for legal, foreign crop pickers so why would the growers need illegal aliens for that? Only 2-4% of illegals are picking crops anyway while the rest of them have taken once good paying blue-collared jobs from Americans by working for less. You all need to educate yourself on this issue instead of spouting nonsense and while you're at it learn some respect for the rule of law.

All of these greedy employers who hire illegal aliens are passing their enormous social costs on to the taxpayer while they make themselves richer off their cheap, illegal slaves. Are you ok with that to?

Old 08-22-2019, 07:46 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Since when haven't American always done blue-collared jobs such as landscaping, hotel, restaurant work, construction, roofing, road work, etc that require working in the hot sun all day for a fair wage? SINCE WHEN???? What a bunch of BS!!!! Those job were taken by illegal aliens that were already held by Americans because they work cheaper and make the rich, richer. How clueless can one be? An English speaking American can't even get a job in construction unless they speak Spanish to communicate with these illegal aliens and are willing to work for slave labor wages.

We didn't get to be the most successful country on the planet by our own citizens being too lazy to do those jobs! I get so sick of those who have ethnic ties to illegal aliens that lie their a**es off in defense of illegal aliens. It's racism with a tribal mentality and just plain anti-American! I wish we could deport them along with their illegal amigos!
Honestly, most Americans wanna move up. Many illegals know only the hard labor, so its more on their territory. Ive got uncles that all they know is hard labor. Younger folks look more for office jobs and start out in stores. And Ive worked at Home Depot. These guys are waiting all day for work. Glad Im not them. Yeesh..

Hilarious story is I had a customer call me and ask me if there was any “help” outside. Im like “uh, I guess..”

But yeah, most of us wanna go for more technical or comfortable jobs. Sooner or later all thats labor is gonna automated. So even illegals would be out of that line of work.

Maybe if these growers offered huge benefits they’d attract more Americans. Also would have to deal with makibg sure conditions are safe to avoid lawsuits etc.

Also people wanna live closer to the cities. Maybe urban farming?

Old 08-22-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Also illegals don't travel the world l(other than to here from where they came from) and get retirement or the GI bill. Any American won’t work for benefits like health etc. so until those jobs match those, military is more promising of a future so it is worth enduring.
Enlistment is limited though these days. Not everyone is cut out to join the military either.

Old 08-22-2019, 07:50 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
^^^^
This is typically said by those who do not sign up for the military. Gutless wonders.

Old 08-22-2019, 07:51 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Why do we have affirmative action and birthright citizenship for illegals if they're supposedly just needed to do low skill, low pay labor jobs?

Old 08-22-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Honestly, most Americans wanna move up. Many illegals know only the hard labor, so its more on their territory. Ive got uncles that all they know is hard labor. Younger folks look more for office jobs and start out in stores. And Ive worked at Home Depot. These guys are waiting all day for work. Glad Im not them. Yeesh..

Hilarious story is I had a customer call me and ask me if there was any “help” outside. Im like “uh, I guess..”

But yeah, most of us wanna go for more technical or comfortable jobs. Sooner or later all thats labor is gonna automated. So even illegals would be out of that line of work.

Maybe if these growers offered huge benefits they’d attract more Americans. Also would have to deal with makibg sure conditions are safe to avoid lawsuits etc.

Also people wanna live closer to the cities. Maybe urban farming?
There are still millions of Americans that love working the trades aka blue-collared jobs. Stop making excuses for illegal aliens taking those jobs Mr. "Chicano"

Old 08-22-2019, 08:02 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
If he manages to get another constitutional convention open to try to change birth-right citizenship we can also take the opportunity to remove the 2nd amendment at the same time. Better be careful what he wishes for.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
If he manages to get another constitutional convention open to try to change birth-right citizenship we can also take the opportunity to remove the 2nd amendment at the same time. Better be careful what he wishes for.
Go for it! But there is nothing in the wording of the 2nd Amendment that restricts Americans from having firearms to protect themselves. However, the wording of the 14th Amendment does restrict illegal aliens from getting birthright citizenship for their kids born on our soil. Big difference!

Old 08-22-2019, 08:47 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
They hire illegals because they don't need to abide by federal regulations protecting workers. Duh.
nailed it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies