U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM
 
Location: San Diego
35,865 posts, read 32,550,749 times
Reputation: 20231

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Sure you can. Our education system did that a long time ago--skill and intellect. It's not fair to the slow children. Of course, that is another topic.

As far as "Sniper Rifle"... yeah, that could be an old M1892 Springfield (30-40 Krag) from the 1890s with the flip-up "tower" long range sights. Very accurate "sniper rifle" in the right hands.
I've got a M95 in 8x56R Commie sniper rifle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM
 
Location: East Lansing, MI
9,224 posts, read 8,077,493 times
Reputation: 3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Has the Supreme Court ever overturned a law because it was unconstitutional?




www.google.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM
 
1,228 posts, read 1,063,479 times
Reputation: 1812
It's a little suspect that they immediately labeled it a "high velocity rifle" round, as that would almost certainly penetrate standard police body armor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM
 
5,629 posts, read 7,051,676 times
Reputation: 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yeah, and grandpappy's 30-06 could be considered a "sniper rifle." It does the same thing without the black plastic stock and muzzle brake.
Especially the semi-automatic versions. Imagine an "assault sniper rifle" !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM
 
Location: 125 Years Too Late...
11,006 posts, read 10,655,969 times
Reputation: 9646
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Which evidently you don't know how to use. The question was directed toward you, since you stated in so many words that if it is law, it can't be unconstitutional. Thus I asked the question rhetorically so that you might research the question and not embarrass yourself by making such claims. But it seems you have gone ahead and embarrassed yourself anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM
 
5,629 posts, read 7,051,676 times
Reputation: 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Has the Supreme Court ever overturned a law because it was unconstitutional?
1969 - the Supreme Court made capital punishment illegal.

1976 - the same Supreme Court made capital punishment legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:37 AM
Status: "She was warned yet STILL she persisted" (set 26 days ago)
 
Location: CO/UT/AZ/NM Catch me if you can!
4,848 posts, read 4,443,477 times
Reputation: 10576
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We could see this coming a mile off. Local news said "Sniper rifle" like 5 times. They aren't even done with "assault weapon" yet.


https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKCN1VC0BL
From your link: “We have a gunman out there targeting law enforcement but have no ID, no suspect description.”

God forbid that Americans be deprived of their right to pick off law enforcement officers whenever they want. God forbid that Americans be deprived of their right to slaughter 6 year-olds as they sit in their classrooms. God forbid that Americans be deprived of their right to kill scores of their fellow Americans at any and every public event from church services to music festivals to shopping at Walmart.

Let us all now get down on our knees and worship the NRA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:37 AM
 
30,211 posts, read 16,660,128 times
Reputation: 14024
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
1969 - the Supreme Court made capital punishment illegal.

1976 - the same Supreme Court made capital punishment legal.
Hopefully hooligan will see this, they're under the impression that all laws are legitimate or they wouldnt be laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:41 AM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,668 posts, read 1,979,435 times
Reputation: 1701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
From your link: “We have a gunman out there targeting law enforcement but have no ID, no suspect description.”

God forbid that Americans be deprived of their right to pick off law enforcement officers whenever they want. God forbid that Americans be deprived of their right to slaughter 6 year-olds as they sit in their classrooms. God forbid that Americans be deprived of their right to kill scores of their fellow Americans at any and every public event from church services to music festivals to shopping at Walmart.

Let us all now get down on our knees and worship the NRA.
Cops kill more people in one year than all mass shootings in 10 years combined.

Your tax dollars have slaughtered thousands of 6 year-olds in numerous Middle Eastern countries since 1991.

The U.S. government has tens of thousands of guns and billions of rounds of ammo, all funded by you.

Not Real Activists Negotiating Rights Away is a gun control organization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:45 AM
 
Location: East Lansing, MI
9,224 posts, read 8,077,493 times
Reputation: 3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Which evidently you don't know how to use. The question was directed toward you, since you stated in so many words that if it is law, it can't be unconstitutional. Thus I asked the question rhetorically so that you might research the question and not embarrass yourself by making such claims. But it seems you have gone ahead and embarrassed yourself anyway.


The point being that the SCOTUS is the ultimate arbiter of what is or isn't constitutional. Whatever they say is, is. Whatever they say isn't, isn't. Or, more accurately, it all is, until they say it isn't. Period.


Don't conflate right/wrong or good/bad with questions of constitutionality.


This isn't Schrödinger's cat - it's not both constitutional and unconstitutional at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top