Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2009, 01:45 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You know that I feel your pain, but the federal government has no business sticking its nose into any of this... unless the congress is prepared to write a constitutional law to stop infanticide.
No. These things should be addressed by state laws.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 05-10-2009 at 01:57 AM.. Reason: misread post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 01:46 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I was the one who mentioned that pro-choice women don't feel men should have a say in abortion laws.

I think it's quite funny how they suggest abortion doesn't affect us merely because we are incapable of physically becoming pregnant.
I agree... Just as a man is responsible for providing for the children he helped bring into the world, I strongly feel that men should have some say as to whether their child gets aborted or not. Women, you can't have it both ways.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:47 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Closing your eyes to it does not make you above any of it, it just says you refuse to participate. So why did you bother to participate at all? Or are you one of those who claims nothing, stands for nothing, and says... "I'm a moderate!"? LOL
So if I don't label myself a total liberal or a total conservative, my opinion isn't worth listening to? I couldn't disagree with you more.

I'm a thinking person who considers himself to be mostly liberal, but I'm also able to see lots of good points made by people who call themselves conservatives, and I often agree with them. Listening to them and considering their views has forced me to change some of my own. If all you do is follow the official party line and bash the other side, you learn nothing, and you just end up in a shouting match, as you've so well demonstrated.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I agree... Just as a man is responsible for providing for the children he helped bring into the world, I strongly feel that men should have some say as to whether their child gets aborted or not. Women, you can't have it both ways.
Let's just hope none of the liberal women on here see this post!

They'll start attacking it.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Okay, TLV. Get ready to be angry.

Most of the difference in pay between men and women is due to their choice of work.

Women choose to have babies. And yes, they do sometimes have to put their careers on hold, and sometimes employers aren't happy about it. But no one forced them to have a baby in the first place.

Throughout the animal kingdom, there are inequalities between males and females. Sometimes the females are dominant; other times its the males. I think it's important to accept the differences between the sexes and the fact that men have their strengths and weaknesses, but women do as well. Perfect equality between the sexes is impossible.
Thank you! This isn't PC but it's the truth.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Thank you! This isn't PC but it's the truth.
I love it when we agree on something, Connie. It happens about as often as a solar eclipse, but hey - I'll take it!

Old 05-10-2009, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Of course, murder is wrong, but you said that "intelligent design" should be taught as an equally possible theory alongside evolution. That's lunacy to me. If intelligent design is taught in public schools, it should be in a religion class, not a science class.
Intelligent design is a theory just as evolution is a theory. Until one or the other is proven, we should not be depriving our children of hearing both sides of the issue.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Intelligent design is a theory just as evolution is a theory. Until one or the other is proven, we should not be depriving our children of hearing both sides of the issue.
Evolution is a scientific theory. ID is not.

If you want your kids to learn ID, you can send them to a Christian school.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Intelligent design is a hypothesis. In order for ID to become a theory, data and evidence are required.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:11 AM

814 posts, read 2,307,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
How exactly have certain liberals been tolerant of her viewpoint? She was the one that said something to the extent of "that is what makes the USA great, that you have a choice, but for HER, she believes it is between a man and a woman".

Is that not the extent of what she said? And then she got absolutely pummeled.

Obviously there are specific examples everywhere, on BOTH sides, so it's a bit ridiculous to frame it like you did. There are people on both sides who aren't going to be tolerant, yet there are people on both sides that are very tolerant. Im pretty sure the only place you run into this "tolerance" problem is on internet message boards.
that's the one of the most stupid and devious posts i've read in awhile. do you really think pageant officials are asking what YOUR personal preference is in regard to that question or are the political implications already set within the question in regard to the rights of gays or not in marriage? the question asked was what do you think of gay marriage, that's not the same as what do you think of gay marriage for you?!

her answer is hypocritical and she deserved to get pummeled just for that fact. at least, americans can tune up their intelligence or whatever is left of it.

i find it ironic that people that think like you are actually undermining yourselves by perpetuating an erroneous thinking process in the belief the ends justify the means considering it just makes you stupid and/ or your descendants. the only thing you are perpetuating is your ability to be good manipulators. true intelligence takes honesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies