Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will take everything?
New England Patriots 15 46.88%
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 18.75%
Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%
Baltimore Ravens 1 3.13%
New York Jets 0 0%
Atlanta Falcons 4 12.50%
Chicago Bears 1 3.13%
Philadelphia Eagles 1 3.13%
Seattle Seahawks 1 3.13%
New Orleans Saints 0 0%
Green Bay Packers 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 08:52 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,028,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
How about they run by Lynch, that is what I call wanting it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
That Lynch run and Hasselbeck's passing combined to equal one amazing victory for the Seahawks!
Where was THIS Marshawn Lynch when he was with the Bills????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKVEttPqvmE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 08:56 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,490,863 times
One of two fascinating scenarios if the Packers win in the ATL, either the Packers/Bears rekindle the oldest rivalry in football in the NFC title game, OR the 7-9 Seahawks would HOST the NFC title game. Either way, Im rooting for the Packers, 2 weeks in a rows now, easily the first time in my life I could say this.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:10 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Congrats to the Seahawks, Ravens, Jets, and Packers!

I went 3 for 4 this weekend. No one saw Seattle doing this. I agree with Orangeish's proposed scenario. I think that once the Pack eliminates Atlanta next weekend, and the Bears show their true colors (like they did when Cutler got sacked 9 times on that Monday night game a little while back), the Seahawks will be hosting the NFC Championship game. Whoda thunk it!

It still doesn't matter, though. I think the Pats will steamroll just about ANY team right about now.

My picks for next weekend - These teams will move on:

Pats
Steelers
Seahawks
Packers

Old 01-10-2011, 06:35 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,972 times
Wow. . .no home team with a winning record won a first round playoff game over the weekend and the one with the losing record pulled the biggest upset of the season, who'da thunkit!

Old 01-10-2011, 07:39 AM

520 posts, read 1,006,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
LMAO... You must have missed the news flash that Tom Brady is like 6-1 vs Pittsburgh, so if the only way he can "cope with the steel curtain" is to go 4 wide you may be overdue for a defensive adjustment.
Speedaddicted, I cannot argue with you. You are right. But, can't a man have faith... or dreams?

I will say this, though. If we do lose, I'd rather lose to NE and see them go all the way than lose to some dirty birds. Three thousand birds fell out of the sky, dead, in Indiana; we are trying to make it 1 more bird in Pittsburgh on Saturday.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:43 AM

520 posts, read 1,006,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I have a problem w/someone saying Black and Yellow - It's Black and GOLD! I live in NoVa but born and raised and will forever be a Steeler fan.
I agree with you, it has always been called the black and gold. But, there's a new hip-hop song with the chorus of "Black and Yellow" and the song is tight and it fits. Plus, if you really look at it, NO Saints is more black and gold. The Steelers are actually black and yellow.

But, from one Black and Gold fan to another, I agree with you. Steelers fans are worldwide.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:08 AM

1,302 posts, read 4,574,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
The same argument you made against the Pats can be made about every team in the AFC. Bottom line is this, look at the teams left and the Patriots are the only ones who have beaten all of them. Shoulda woulda coulda dont mean a thing, we beat Baltimore, embarassed Pittsburgh and the Jets. I guess Tom has been on a tear since 2001 when he won is first of 3 superbowls? What else does the guy have to do?

I guess your point can be also compared to the 15-1 Steelers of 2001 who had all their travel plans for the Superbowl made before the Patriots game at Heinz field and got smashed at home? Sounds more like sour grapes to me but hell I'm biased.

What do you mean what else does the guy have to do? I never said anything bad about Tom, I have said many times he is hands down the Best QB in the NFL and a for sure first ballot hall of famer. What I was saying was not putting him down. I was just stating that the Pats just really aren't this incredible team that people are making them out to be. Tom Brady has just been so hot that they have won impressively, but one player can't carry you through the playoffs. If they would win the SB this year, which I will be willing to bet that they don't, this would be their worst SB winning team. As for the Steelers, yeah they do struggle against the Pats and it is because how they are composed. I love Dick LeBeau, but he never has his corners play tough man to man. He loves to run zone, hints the father of the zone blitz, and you can't beat the Pats playing zone. To me that is the major key in beating them. The WR for NE aren't really that good at all, Tom makes them look good. The Pats whole offense is based on timing so unless you knock the timing of (PRESS) Brady will pick the D apart. The Jets did that in the first game (that is why they won), so what Belichick did was put his best wr in the slot and lined the TEs up on the outside which got Revis and Cromartie on TEs instead of receivers and the Jets didn't adjust. The plan was brilliant and worked to perfection, but I think this time the Jets will lock their CB on specific WR like they did this week against the Colts. Like I said time and time again the regular season mean NOTHING when it comes playoff time. For example that year that you were referring to when the Steelers were 15-1 and the Pats beat them in the AFC championship game, in the regular season that year the Steelers easily beat down the Pats, so like I said it means nothing.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
As being born in DC and moving to MD at the age of 2 I am a Redskin fan 1st then a Raven fan. I could never understand not rooting for your home team.

I am originally from Pittsburgh and a life long Steelers fan, but I now live in NJ right across the river from NYC and I have run into plenty of people who were born and raised here, deep in Giants and Jets territory, who are die hard Steelers fans. I see almost as many Steelers fans as I Jets and Giants fans. I also have family members that live all over the country and they say the samething. There are Steeler Bars in every city. There is a reason it is called "Steeler Nation".

Old 01-10-2011, 10:18 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
STEELERS/FALCONS Super Bowl with the Steelers winning #7 !!!

Old 01-10-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
STEELERS/FALCONS Super Bowl with the Steelers winning #7 !!!

That would be an interesting rematch from week 1. OT again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football