Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 09:45 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,725,067 times

Advertisements

1. Los Angeles
2. Birmingham, I thought they had a deal when the USFL went under
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 03:08 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,414,647 times
Move the Rams back to LA and the Jags to St Louis.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:32 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,835,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
New York City...................
"Get a rope."

Old 01-14-2010, 04:06 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,835,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Evertime a team moves there are areas that want the team and give incentive tot hsoe who own them ;so those that didn't get them didn't have enough to offer really.Its a business not what the locals want really.
Want another go at that?

Old 01-14-2010, 11:52 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,317,530 times
I think Oklahoma City is most deserving of an NFL team. Football is a part of the culture of Oklahoma. It's the lifeblood of that state. They have an impressive enough downtown to warrant an NFL team and their fans will attend every game including ones in which they aren't competitive.

I know that LA definitely does not deserve a team. It's the 2nd largest sports market but their fans are apathetic. Their city can't even agree on a stadium site and none of the residents care that they lack football, they watch USC and the Cardinals

Old 01-15-2010, 03:56 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,932,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I think Oklahoma City is most deserving of an NFL team. Football is a part of the culture of Oklahoma. It's the lifeblood of that state. They have an impressive enough downtown to warrant an NFL team and their fans will attend every game including ones in which they aren't competitive.
Really?

... because I just kinda threw OKC in. Personally, I don't even think they should have the Thunder in the NBA.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Really?

... because I just kinda threw OKC in. Personally, I don't even think they should have the Thunder in the NBA.
I don't think Dallas deserves an NBA team but they got one. I think you guys got lucky with Cuban otherwise that team was likely going to move since no one in Dallas cared about that team since it's a football town

Old 01-15-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
I don't think Dallas deserves an NBA team but they got one. I think you guys got lucky with Cuban otherwise that team was likely going to move since no one in Dallas cared about that team since it's a football town
1st off, it says "Fort Worth" in that corner, not Dallas. Please don't get me started on that....

And second, to say that Dallas doesn't care about basketball is just like saying hip hop artists don't care about rhyming in their lyrics. They may not be needed, but they're used alot.
Remember, the city is the main anchor of a 6 million populated metro area. Yeah, the Cowboys own the DFW area, and they also own about 70% of the Texas fan base + some of New Mexico and Oklahoma, but that doesn't mean that we DON'T want other sports teams. We're in one of the largest markets in the country, so of course this area will have more than one major pro sports team.

BTW, the reason why I said Oklahoma City shouldn't have the Thunder is because I feel that they were just taken from their original city, ya know? Like the Colts....

Old 01-15-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
1st off, it says "Fort Worth" in that corner, not Dallas. Please don't get me started on that....

And second, to say that Dallas doesn't care about basketball is just like saying hip hop artists don't care about rhyming in their lyrics. They may not be needed, but they're used alot.
Remember, the city is the main anchor of a 6 million populated metro area. Yeah, the Cowboys own the DFW area, and they also own about 70% of the Texas fan base + some of New Mexico and Oklahoma, but that doesn't mean that we DON'T want other sports teams. We're in one of the largest markets in the country, so of course this area will have more than one major pro sports team.

BTW, the reason why I said Oklahoma City shouldn't have the Thunder is because I feel that they were just taken from their original city, ya know? Like the Colts....
Dallas and Ft. Worth will always be the same city to me but I give you props because I think it's cool that you are standing up for your city and not claiming Dallas because its near you. Yeah, I know Dallas is big but I still don't think it's a basketball town. I lived there fore 3 years and no one even talked basketball or the NBA there prior to Cuban. Football, hockey and baseball were big there but not basketball. OKC didn't steal the Sonics. Seattle had their chance and were too cheap to pony up money for a new stadium. Every city does that now so why didn't Seattle. It's not like they did everything they could to keep the Sonics. They were being cheap a$$es and they lost their team. It's as simple as that. They have no room to whine. OKC did what Seattle wouldn't, provide a stadium

Last edited by azriverfan.; 01-15-2010 at 05:48 PM..

Old 01-15-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Dallas and Ft. Worth will always be the same city to me but I give you props because I think it's cool that you are standing up for your city and not claiming Dallas because its near you. Yeah, I know Dallas is big but I still don't think it's a basketball town. I lived there fore 3 years and no one even talked basketball or the NBA there prior to Cuban. Football, hockey and baseball were big there but not basketball. OKC didn't steal the Sonics. Seattle had their chance and were too cheap to pony up money for a new stadium. Every city does that now so why didn't Seattle. It's not like they did everything they could to keep the Sonics. They were being cheap a$$es and they lost their team. It's as simple as that. They have no room to whine. OKC did what Seattle wouldn't, provide a stadium

I still say the Thunder should be back in Seattle, but what's done is done.

And ever since I've been alive, I've never known anyone in the Metroplex that talked more about the Stars and Rangers over the Mavericks.... even with the hockey team winning a championship before the two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football