Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2019, 06:39 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,545,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriInCary View Post
Is that parking ... not way too big? What would draw so many people downtown Cary for the need of such size parking? Or am I missing something?

FREE events like this will draw people...the place is packed (all ages) on Thursday evenings in the Spring:

https://www.parkwestvillage.net/even...-the-district/

CASTO knows how to run stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2019, 06:57 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,775,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
The Fenton:
Quite the development plan agreement between TOC and CDG:

http://services.wakegov.com/booksweb...ate=11/16/2018
All the upscale shops and restaurants planned are probably not in my soon-to-be fixed income future, but I'm sure here for the Iron Gate Greenway plans. If Fenton is what it takes to get that built, then so be it.

Old 04-03-2019, 07:01 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,775,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
FREE events like this will draw people...the place is packed (all ages) on Thursday evenings in the Spring:
Note that even with the current parking situation (which is overblown), the downtown park already has some music series (plus Lazy Daze). With the new deck and then the next phase of the park adding an amphitheater, I expect to see a lot more/better programming going forward. Pretty excited about that.

Old 04-03-2019, 10:09 AM

2,504 posts, read 3,547,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
You're not looking at future growth concerns.
The idea is also that other future private developments around this site won't have to build their own individual garages and parking lots, because there's nearby public parking. Same thing for the proposed garage at Harrison/Chatham.

Old 04-03-2019, 11:13 AM

812 posts, read 832,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
Note that even with the current parking situation (which is overblown), the downtown park already has some music series (plus Lazy Daze). With the new deck and then the next phase of the park adding an amphitheater, I expect to see a lot more/better programming going forward. Pretty excited about that.
Also, already DT Cary: Touch-a-truck, Heart of Cary Fall Festival (very well attended this past year), Wheels on Academy Classic Car show, and..... let's not forget the Nation's only Pimento Cheese Festival (2nd annual this summer June 8, 2019). The first annual was last year and absolutely bonkers packed. Maybe this year I'll get to try some of that pimento cheese ice cream before they run out.

Now, if we can only get some other "younger" middle class families to buy into DT Cary area and join "us" (my family). Had ToC staff member tell me at a recent meeting my family was "pioneer". Hoping other "settlers" will join us here as well.... so much going for the area; time for it to "turn over". Not sure if the wrap around units (condos/apartments?) planned for the deck will help with that. Is attractive though; the library, elementary school, arts center, and park (phase I and II) right there... who needs a backyard. 15 to DT Raleigh + 15 to RTP, + all the jobs in Cary itself = more time with the fam. Forget N Raleigh/Wake Forest to Cary for work (some other current thread topic). Wonder what the size, price, and target market will be. Affluent empty nesters (like so many of the infill and tear down sfh around DT Cary)? Upwordly mobile young professionals (I hate the term millennial -and I'm not one... GenX 4Life!)? Middle class families? Better have some excellent sound insulation (especially windows); not just sounds from street and park but very active train tracks running through DT Cary.

https://www.townofcary.org/recreatio...heese-festival

Old 04-08-2019, 09:13 PM

609 posts, read 506,241 times
Any change they could leverage the nearby Train/Depot to move people in and out of DT Cary for events? I can imagine trains from Raleigh, Morrisville into Cary.
OK, I'm dreaming ...

Old 04-08-2019, 10:38 PM

4,304 posts, read 5,993,934 times
There is already a little of that, but Cary is currently planning for a multi-modal transit center downtown to handle Amtrak, commuter rail, BRT, and regular buses. Planning process is still underway, but options include expanding the current train depot or building a new facility close by.

https://www.townofcary.org/projects-...ansit-facility

Old 04-10-2019, 10:00 AM

2,504 posts, read 3,547,565 times
Events like Lazy Daze use shuttle buses to get people downtown. The BRT link to downtown Raleigh via Western Blvd. will terminate at the train depot.

Unless someone has a bunch of rail cars parked somewhere for occasional use (like this railroad in Iowa), buses are going to provide most of the hauling capacity for special events.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:07 PM

2 posts, read 1,233 times
Default Chef Chuong quick food!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrunner77 View Post
Think they will do quick family sit down and/or take out so when we (the fam -4 of us) are enjoying the park/arts center/library we can stop in and grab something to take across the street to the fountain park and eat? Think they will have bagels? I think a "killah" deli would thrive there; something like Zingerman's in Ann Arbor. After all, the fountain park has all those tables. Not sure about a white table cloth place open only for dinner??? The market will decide. All I know is the restaurant business is brutal.

We can't be the only family "jonesing" for such a convenient lunch/impromptu picnic provision place going into the Jones house.

If Chuong is doing a new place, he will do slow, sit-down, fine-wanna-be-dining, at high dollaa!!! he is not the man to do fast and cheap food, too arrogant for that. That being said, surprised to see him back in Cary after what he did to the BuenasNoches' and after he made a bad name for himself in wake county.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:17 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,280,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeed300 View Post
If Chuong is doing a new place, he will do slow, sit-down, fine-wanna-be-dining, at high dollaa!!! he is not the man to do fast and cheap food, too arrogant for that. That being said, surprised to see him back in Cary after what he did to the BuenasNoches' and after he made a bad name for himself in wake county.
I'm having deja vu didn't you just post this in another thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary