Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 02:50 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times

Advertisements

That's nothing. I can decipher NFL playcalls and explain to you how the Broncos Erhardt-Perkins offense differs from the way the New York Jets run the same scheme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 02:52 PM

99 posts, read 123,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
That's nothing. I can decipher NFL playcalls and explain to you how the Broncos Erhardt-Perkins offense differs from the way the New York Jets run the same scheme.

hahahaha.... wow, you are awesome! But not that awesome, cause you know... I'm an Eagles fan...

Old 05-13-2011, 03:03 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,716,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Be careful who you aggressively take advantage of. It will come back to haunt and destroy your reputation.

If I was every bullied, bossed around, controlled, or insulted by a woman in public school, college, or the workplace I always got justice and tore her reputation down into shreds.

Pulling a "damsel in distress" facade or "I am women hear me roar" won't protect you. I will be there to tear it down: if you get in my way. A lot of hyper-competitive women like yourself never learned about boundaries. You go into any situation and start aggressively dominating and micro-managing everyone without considering people's differences, concerns, and viewpoints.

So basically you are saying you cant handle challenging situations that include dominate personalities with grace? And obviously you don't know me at all so you really cant say who I am in my life.
Being aggressive has NOTHING to do with disrespecting boundaries and being a bully. Does it make you feel good to tear people down? Because you are really ruining your rep..not theirs.

The reference to walmarts crap: Thats not a team mentality. Thats just plain old fashion BS glossed over with the lie of saying its a team. A good healthy team recognizes each individual for what the bring to the table AND what the entire collection can do together as a group.

I am actually mainly an artistic person with interest in the arts and sciences. Sports was just another component of life that made me a more well rounded person. For someone to be hateful of another who loves a harmless hobby when they don't act like *******s to you...There is just not something right upstairs. You should really get to the core of your past and figure out why these types rub you the wrong way. Its easier to accept things and be happy that just be brainlessly bitter.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:04 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinBensalem View Post
hahahaha.... wow, you are awesome! But not that awesome, cause you know... I'm an Eagles fan...
I know about a good bit about your vertical based West Coast Offense as well. Just saying.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:06 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,585,192 times
I love playing football, icehockey, martial arts, weightlifting etc, I'm a sports nut, no questions there.

but I couldn't watch a whole game without looking at the watch...

Fine superbowl can be a nice event if you get a group of friends together, have some pizza, some beer; you know the deal.
And yeah sure, I can draw some inspiration from pro football players who play my position...
Another exception(the biggest) is whenever sweden beats finland in Ice-hockey, because the finns get so offended , but that doesn't mean I have to watch the thing, just gimmie the results when we've won and I can nag my Finnish friends about it all day.

But all in all I don't really find watching others enjoy all the fun to be a satisfying activity... I mean what's the point if I can't interact with it?
The score isn't gonna change a damned thing wether I cheer for some people I never even met back at home in my sofa like my life depended on it...

Old 05-13-2011, 03:12 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,388,478 times
I have yelled at the TV before during the Olympics or boxing matches. When you are passionate about something, it's easy to get invested. Sometimes I pace too.

Athletes work so damn hard to win those games or to win those matches or races or competitions...I feel for them when they lose or win, that's why I really enjoy it.

Last edited by max's mama; 05-13-2011 at 04:41 PM..

Old 05-13-2011, 03:16 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Quote:
Has anyone ever been in a relationship of any type with those types of weird sports fanatics

What are your thoughts on such people? I consider them to be boorish rubes but I was wondering if others had similar or dissimilar conclusions.
No.

[sports isn't interesting enough]

Old 05-13-2011, 03:25 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
Quantitative measurement (mathematical deception) isn't equal to quality.

And I am so glad I sound patronizing because I'm sick of being in a society where sports fanatics spout off sports history and sports jargon like it's so so superior and so so fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Do you even realize how patronizing you sound?

If I had no critical thinking skills, then I wouldn't be averaging only 1.8 posts on this website per reputation point.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:26 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
I see your point. And I agree with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Replace football with something nerdy like Star Trek. Now imagine meeting someone who can recite Star Trek trivia, knows all the episodes by name, etc. If you're like most people, you'll probably have the same reaction that William Shatner had in that famous SNL skit. Get a life!!! It's great to have things that you enjoy, but don't get carried away with it. I know guys who not only sit around watching every game that's on, they'll actually watch the draft to see who gets picked for what team. They can recite batting averages, tell you who's a free agent, who was traded for who, etc. How is this any different than the Star Trek fan? Because it's "cool" to be into sports, but geekish to be into sci-fi. But I think you should apply the same standard to both people. If we make fun of the Trekkie for his devotion to Star Trek, then why not the football fan who lets the sport take over his life?

Old 05-13-2011, 03:30 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
So acting like a 3 year old is good?

Someone please explain to me in intellectual terms why this is good.

No, her point about how sports can actually develop good sportsmanship and comraderie with kids was a very good one.

Me yelling at the TV, so what? I do it in my own home. If they make a bad play or can't play basic hockey, I will get vocal about it. I don't SCREAM at the top of my lungs but I will voice my discontent. If they make a great play I'll give a "whoo hooo".

I don't watch EVERY hockey game on TV and I don't yell at the TV constantly...only when I'm getting into the game.

I also watch the news and express my discontent verbally.

Why does it bother you so much what people do in their own homes? And I'm sorry but you cannot generalize a person based on one activity in their lives. I am a pretty well-rounded person, sports is just one aspect of it. I suspect that is true for a good majority of sports fans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships