Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 06:08 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Sounds like prostitution...

Not much different from standing on the street corner if you ask me. The only difference I see is they are selling themselves to just one person instead of lots of different men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 07:45 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,462,559 times
Forget the money. Look at the man as a person. Treat him accordingly. He's not a potential sugar daddy. That is as dergatory as calling a woman a prostitute. It says the man cannot have an intelligent, attractive partner without buying one.

Wealthy people can be as socially handicapped as anyone because from their perspective a potential partner may only like them for their money. That's why they stick with their own.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:56 AM

25 posts, read 40,416 times
I think dating is a very emotional issue and you should not indulge in it just for materialistic things, be it sex or money. You may be strong enough, but the other person might get emotionally attached. And I would feel very guilty to make someone feel that way. I personally think that getting into a relationship with no long term prospect is very selfish, but maybe that's just me.

Anyway, its surprising to see that sleeping around with no emotions is not a big deal at all for so many women, completely contrary to what I used to think of girls.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:03 AM

896 posts, read 1,477,051 times
Dating is supply and demand. Especially for men. Anyone who says differently is highly delusional.

Women grow up reading fairy tale love stories and bridal magazines, and most have both the dream and the ability to actually fall in love. (some are pure gold diggers through and through, and I would consider those a walking waste of a human being).

But men generally crave 1) physical beauty, and 2) variety....in that order. If she is hot, most men will go for her. And then something hotter comes along, they will go for that. (congratulations Tiger Woods).

So if your friend is hot enough to land a sugar daddy while looking for mister right, and wants to throw herself in that gold digger category temporarily and sell real estate space in her vajina....well good luck with that. But I doubt she ever comes back.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:18 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,431,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
She said that the men she was meeting were just interested in getting laid and since she also has her needs, why not get something for it
I think having sex in exchange for money is the dictionary definition of prostitution, but don't take my word for it.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:23 AM

297 posts, read 726,706 times
Older single men need love too!

And if they have a lot of "extra" money, should they invest all that and make more money?

Or should they use some of it to take someone out to dinner, go shopping, buy jewelry, go on a cruise, etc.?

And BTW, an older guy with lots of money may have been married for many years and his wife passed away. But while he was married (and had lots of money), it would have been his lifestyle to go out to nice restaurants, buy the wife what she wanted - clothes, jewelry. Travel, go on cruises, etc.

So if he dated someone else, it would just be natural to do the same for his new girlfriend. He would feel cheap and uncomfortable to do otherwise as that is his lifestyle!

Also older people want someone to go traveling with them or to go out to dinner with them. I don't think they care a whole heck of a lot if you jump in the sack with them or not. It is a nice extra. But mostly they are lonely and want a bit of companionship.

So I don't see that as prostitution.

What I would call prostitution is you call someone, they come over, you jump in the sack, you pay them, they leave.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Why not just make a success of yourself even if it involves working hard, finishing college?

Then you can spoil yourself. If you do well enough, you will never need to sell sex and yourself, instead you could buy yourself nice firm younger men who are looking for a sugar mommy to buy them?

If it's about buying and selling, it's up to you which end of that deal you would want to be on, or stay out of the prostitution business all together and be successful on your own and have loving relationships where it's not about love of money.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:36 AM

391 posts, read 688,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
Has anybody here ever dated a suggar daddy/mamma? If so, how did you get into it? Pros/cons?
I am not being a "sugar daddy" to anyone I date.

There was an expectation once and she buggered off
once I set the expectation straight.

I want interest in me... not my finances or material
assets.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:37 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,140,801 times
DRGirl, why take it to this extreme (sounding like high-end prostitution) when you could get something real and pure with just a tweak in attitude and selection criteria.

Simply trade Sugar Daddy with older financially comfortable man. He might only be a decade or two older than you... but he is a single guy with a nice savings in part because he did not screw-up and get taken in a divorce, or who didn't have/want kids. And he is much more likely to be a decent ready person than some young mistake prone player.

But I see from online dating sites that most American born women seek men aged about the same as them. With the way men and women mature sexually and in life at such different rates, I'm convinced in 21st century USA, the standard should be for women to date men much older than themselves... even if childrearing is still a factor.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:54 AM

973 posts, read 1,705,954 times
There was a mini news special on this as it appears many college women are doing this to pay for their education. And there is even a site for this, and I think the reporter talked about this one The #1 Sugar Daddy Dating & Sugar Baby Personals as it was really "high end"; but there are many more out there...just type in those words! This idea has always been around (and for those my age, remember the movie The Apartment?), it is just that the net has made it SOOOOO much easier to do it (like a lot of things that had been more difficult to do in the past ) .

But to the OP, just let your conscience be your guide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships