Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2012, 10:29 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,298,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
What does that have to do with how they meet? That's what I'm telling you here. The guys who do this absolutely suck as people (believe me, I know my fair of them) hence why they have to use money to get companionship. If they were out "living their lives" then they would naturally meet women and create some semi-meaningful relationships most likely. These guys are not going to be the ones out enjoying life and the ones who try generally fail miserably.
Oh I agree that is the case the majority of the time but the OP's friends clearly are not after that particular type of sugar daddy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 10:32 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Like I said "All types and you cant get two people to agree!

Old 02-12-2012, 10:40 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Oh I agree that is the case the majority of the time but the OP's friends clearly are not after that particular type of sugar daddy.
I hate to break it to you, but there isn't a whole lot of variance in the sugar daddy types. Guys who actually have developed social skills don't need to use their money to get laid. Hell, they don't even need to have money for themselves.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:42 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,130,647 times
Quote:
I hate to break it to you, but there isn't a whole lot of variance in the sugar daddy types. Guys who actually have developed social skills don't need to use their money to get laid. Hell, they don't even need to have money for themselves.
What if they don't want the complications?

JMHO, tryin for such a absolute is a mistake.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
What if they don't want the complications?

JMHO, tryin for such a absolute is a mistake.
Then they would do like me and countless other men have done...go out and find women who want the same thing and enjoy it. I'm just a few months shy of being 26 and have pulled more than my fair share of tail over the years, and I'm in college with barely enough money to live reasonably comfortably and come from a blue collar family. Granted I am pretty ****ing awesome, decently attractive and have really good social skills, but there are guys in far worse financial situations who do as good or better than me. My legitimate girlfriends not withstanding, I have never spent any money on women outside of drinks and maybe the occasional dinner.

Last edited by McBain II; 02-12-2012 at 11:11 PM.. Reason: corrected typo

Old 02-12-2012, 11:04 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,861 times
I didn't bother reading all of the thread.

If I weren't feeling so lazy right now I'd do a search and re quote a few posters here (for obvious hypoc---err research reasons). A lot of the comments don't surprise me at all, it's like watching a bad after school special in a feedback loop...the saga of modern hypergamy continues (cue tampax ad here).

Women who entertain the thought of a sugar daddy aren't relationship material. That's why at the end of the day they settle for less than stellar results along with their 100 point bullet list (and that room full of cats).

Bosco is on point with his assessment, there's lots of simps out there who feel they have to pay for something that's quite easy to get for free. The sad thing is that there's an equal amount of socially inept men as there are women. The ratio is skewed a bit in this field because there's a higher percentage of women can coast off of their looks until they hit around 30. Once a woman start's to hit that over the hill range, that's when you can really gauge her personality (or lack thereof).

When men pay for dinner, gifts, accessories, it's no different than when they have to pay for child support, divorce fee's, alimony...(it's prostitution either way you look at it).

The ironic thing is that if you were to put a man in the position of a woman in this case, there would be a wave of shaming. If a man wrote this, this thread would have either been locked or deleted upon it's creation (classic example).

I think these three words sum everything up best:

spin hamster, spin.

spinning hamster - YouTube

Old 02-12-2012, 11:36 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephV55 View Post
There is serious money in trash removal... and why be sexist about
it? The gal could be drivin' the trash truck.

Sounds like the perfect match-up for 2 very superficial people... one
figures the money will attract the partner while the other figures their
looks will attract the partner.
Quote:
About the difference between chicken salad and chicken ****.

Ahh, but the woman who are going after these sugar daddies are NOT attracted to the man. They are attracted to the status and material things.

This is so off base I don't even know how to respond to it.
I have never looked for a "sugar daddy". I have never needed (or asked) a man to pay my bills, etc. I have never asked a man for money. But I have dated and been in relationships with men who loved to be generous (gifts, travel, etc)

So am I a "gold digger" because I expect the men in my life to be generous? Or if I require the men that I date to be as (or more) successful
than I am? I just do not see the point for women to date "down".

Old 02-12-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I have never looked for a "sugar daddy". I have never needed (or asked) a man to pay my bills, etc. I have never asked a man for money. But I have dated and been in relationships with men who loved to be generous (gifts, travel, etc)
Again, there is a HUGE difference between having a legitimate relationship with someone who desires to be generous and being in a mutually exploitative relationship. This is a very simple concept, so the fact that I have to explain it speaks volumes.

Quote:
So am I a "gold digger" because I expect the men in my life to be generous?
Depends on what you mean by "generous" and how often you reciprocate.

Quote:
Or if I require the men that I date to be as (or more) successful
than I am? I just do not see the point for women to date "down".
I'd say that's pretty normal behavior for a woman from L.A.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:58 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times
Had offers lo those many years ago, turned them all down.

See, there was no Internet back then, or I could have beaten Washingtonienne to it.

(Yes, I'm kidding.)

Old 02-13-2012, 12:00 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Then they would do like me and countless other men have done...go out and find women who want the same thing and enjoy it. I'm just a few months shy of being 26 and have pulled more than my fair share of tail over the years, and I'm in college with barely enough money to live reasonably comfortably and come from a blue collar family. Granted I am pretty ****ing awesome, decently attractive and have really good social skills, but there are guys in far worse financial situations who do as good or better than me. My legitimate girlfriends not withstanding, I have never spent any money on women outside of drinks and maybe the occasional dinner.
There are a lot of young women with low self esteem who will do anything for male attention (even if it is from the most unsavory specimens)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships