Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 10:09 AM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times

Advertisements

The Defacto state of Male/Female marriage has overwhelmingly been no different than a Sugar daddy/baby relationship.

Stay at home wife or SO is no different than a Sugar baby. She doesn't work, the husband provides the money.

Ive had girlfriends that were not doing well financially and helped them out with rent or paid for a flight and hotel for a vacation. Is that a Sugar Daddy/Sugar baby relationship

One thing is true, if you do want a man or woman to take care of you you better be in the top few percent in Looks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 10:17 AM

526 posts, read 955,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid11 View Post
I think dating is a very emotional issue and you should not indulge in it just for materialistic things, be it sex or money. You may be strong enough, but the other person might get emotionally attached. And I would feel very guilty to make someone feel that way. I personally think that getting into a relationship with no long term prospect is very selfish, but maybe that's just me.

Anyway, its surprising to see that sleeping around with no emotions is not a big deal at all for so many women, completely contrary to what I used to think of girls.
Many women are able to separate sex from emotions but I can't. I agree that dating is a very emotional issue. At least it is for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
So if your friend is hot enough to land a sugar daddy while looking for mister right, and wants to throw herself in that gold digger category temporarily and sell real estate space in her vajina....well good luck with that. But I doubt she ever comes back.
That's the way I see it. My friend's friend sees it differently but hey it's her "real state," so she can do with it at she pleases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
I think having sex in exchange for money is the dictionary definition of prostitution, but don't take my word for it.
It has alwasy been and it'll always be in MHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Why not just make a success of yourself even if it involves working hard, finishing college?

Then you can spoil yourself. If you do well enough, you will never need to sell sex and yourself, instead you could buy yourself nice firm younger men who are looking for a sugar mommy to buy them?

If it's about buying and selling, it's up to you which end of that deal you would want to be on, or stay out of the prostitution business all together and be successful on your own and have loving relationships where it's not about love of money.
I already went through college (BA, MS). I have a job that I love and I spoil myself from time to time, so that's not a problem.

I'd gave never even think about this hadn't I met up with my friend's friend and heard of her story but it's definetely not for me. I'll keep looking. In the mean time, my dogs makes for great company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
DRGirl, why take it to this extreme (sounding like high-end prostitution) when you could get something real and pure with just a tweak in attitude and selection criteria.

Simply trade Sugar Daddy with older financially comfortable man. He might only be a decade or two older than you... but he is a single guy with a nice savings in part because he did not screw-up and get taken in a divorce, or who didn't have/want kids. And he is much more likely to be a decent ready person than some young mistake prone player.

But I see from online dating sites that most American born women seek men aged about the same as them. With the way men and women mature sexually and in life at such different rates, I'm convinced in 21st century USA, the standard should be for women to date men much older than themselves... even if childrearing is still a factor.
This is very interesting. I on match and my cut off age is 40, which is still 12 years older than me. I don't think I could date someone older as I want to have kids someday and would like their father to be active with them and ejoy being dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitarrius48 View Post
There was a mini news special on this as it appears many college women are doing this to pay for their education. And there is even a site for this, and I think the reporter talked about this one The #1 Sugar Daddy Dating & Sugar Baby Personals as it was really "high end"; but there are many more out there...just type in those words! This idea has always been around (and for those my age, remember the movie The Apartment?), it is just that the net has made it SOOOOO much easier to do it (like a lot of things that had been more difficult to do in the past ) .

But to the OP, just let your conscience be your guide.
I saw a report abou this on Youtube, it reminded me of women who strip to put themselves through college.

As for the second bolded part, y conscience already spoke to me overnight, I couldn't do something like this. I want a good man whom I like and am attracted to, if he happens to be financially secure, great, if not, as long as he has a stable job, I am good

As for my friend's friend, she's an adult and can do as she pleases but I highly doubt she'd dump her suggar daddy for an average man as she seems to have gotten used to this lifestyle.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and feedback in this subject.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
The Defacto state of Male/Female marriage has overwhelmingly been no different than a Sugar daddy/baby relationship.

Stay at home wife or SO is no different than a Sugar baby. She doesn't work, the husband provides the money.

Ive had girlfriends that were not doing well financially and helped them out with rent or paid for a flight and hotel for a vacation. Is that a Sugar Daddy/Sugar baby relationship

One thing is true, if you do want a man or woman to take care of you you better be in the top few percent in Looks.
I think helping out a SO is different though. I've done it in the past and don't regret it. Some have helped me out too when I needed it. The way I see it is that once you are in a committed relationship, both parties involved want the best for the other one, not only when it comes to material things.

LS Jaun, you are absolutelly right about the looks part. My friend's friend got a boob job and a lipo at 24! Screw that, I am not putting myself under the knive for a anybody. No thanks

Old 02-12-2012, 10:29 AM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I don't know. If other women want to do it and the men know what they are getting in to, why not?

I couldn't do it. I think of sugar daddies as men who can't keep a good woman on merit alone. If they have to "buy" their way into someone's pants...not my kind of guy.
It's not my bag baby.....

I would always be wondering if she was into me, or just the money.

But, whatever works for people.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:31 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
As others have stated, it is not all that different than prostitution. It's one thing to do it out of survival, but most do not. They are lazy and want to be spoiled. Women like that have a very difficult time when they reach middle age. Looks have faded and without a back up plan the world is a cruel and lonely place for a 50 year old cocktease with no ambition and no job skills.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
As others have stated, it is not all that different than prostitution. It's one thing to do it out of survival, but most do not. They are lazy and want to be spoiled. Women like that have a very difficult time when they reach middle age. Looks have faded and without a back up plan the world is a cruel and lonely place for a 50 year old cocktease with no ambition and no job skills.
EXACTLY! This woman is spending every single $$$. She is not going to be 24 forever, and is not even thinking about finishing college. In a few years from now that baby daddy of hers is going to upgrade her for a younger version and all she'd have left would be the stories and last season designer clothes.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:43 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,464 times
No!!!!!

Old 02-12-2012, 10:58 AM

270 posts, read 488,171 times
My question with the sugar daddy thing has always been...how do you get the money out of the guy?? Do you just come right out and say, I'll do X if you buy me a mink coat? I dunno, I've never been the kind of girl that guys shower with gifts so I need to learn this ~

Old 02-12-2012, 11:32 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
You might as well come out and say it ---
prostitution should be legal.

I have no interest in buying anyone. Prostitution is the only term to describe this topic.
Why is there such a double standard for women?

Men can chose to date only beautiful women and that is considered perfectly fine. But heaven forbid that a beautiful woman decides to be selective and date only men who are wealthy; she is then labeled as a prostitute.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:33 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
OK, let me explain this out and tell you how this thread came about. A few days ago I met up with a friend. I am 28, single for 2 years (divorced), she's 27 single for almost three (never married). We are both educated, have jobs, attractive, take care of ourselves (work out), and are very decent people. A friend of hers came along, she's 25, did not finish college and seems to be enjoying life pretty good.

We were talking about many things and eventually got down to men. My friend's friend said to us that she got tired of dating losers, getting her heart broken, and having a hard time finding Mr. Right so she decided to "invest her time" dating a suggar daddy until Mr. Right comes into her life. She said that the men she was meeting were just interested in getting laid and since she also has her needs, why not get something for it. She figured that seems she was getting frustrated all the time while dating, she might as well date and get something from it in the form of travel, clothes, fine dining, jewerly, and the likes.

My friend and I looked at each other and laughed. We shared with her our less than impressive latest dating adventures and how difficult we were finding to meet a good man. The woman's answer to us was "why don't the two of you date a suggar daddy until you find your Mr. Right? That way you won't be alone and will get to enjoy yourselves by being spoiled."

I must admit that the thought of being spoiled sounds very enticing but at the same time I can't sleep with a man I am not attracted to, and I have yet to learn dettachement from sex. Once I sleep with a man I can't date another one during that time. Darn oxytocin Aren't all suggar daddies old men too? Like my dad's age? I am not sure if this is still in
my mind because I don't seem to meet a decent man, and VD is around the corner.

Has anybody here ever dated a suggar daddy/mamma? If so, how did you get into it? Pros/cons?
When I was your age I felt the same way.

As you get older, you WILL get over this mindset.

You can use an older man for his KNOWLEDGE in addition to his money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships