Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 02:02 PM

102,380 posts, read 108,679,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Lack of attraction, psychological, stress, and perceived time.
OK, but how does the lack of attraction come about, if the guy was attracted enough to marry the woman? I'm talking about cases in which women do make an effort to stay attractive. Or another side of the coin--where maybe both people have put on a little weight, which also happens?

Old 09-10-2012, 02:05 PM

36,867 posts, read 31,153,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
In what life were women men to also comment on topics for men around here? Same thing.
How so. You are trying to tell me (college student and married with children and unmarried college student with children) exactly how life is in all of those situations. How much time I have, how much I studied, how often I have sex. I dont believe I have tried to tell you the details of your days.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:06 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,185,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Lol, I'm an unmarried women, but there is no way in he** I do 10 hours of house work a week. Not messy, just not home much and dont really see the need. Interesting study though.
The study counted cooking as "house work." It also included stuff like making beds. So it averages out to less than 1.5 hours a day. Maybe the typical women in the study cooks more than you do? I dunno.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I don't know I can't answer for other men only for myself plus I am not married never have been. Most men after working long hours have nothing to do when they get home other than unwind, the rest is free time, but that isn't my case. I work on average 10 hours day (sometimes 12 lately) then come home and practice for 2 to 3 more hours. That leaves little time left for a steady girlfriend or wife. So in between flings I useally pull off a quicky before bed , at least I have that much energy left.

Back in 2007 after selling my house I didn't work for 6 months and can say with all that free time my sex drive was off the charts because sleeping in everyday and having no stress does wonders for your mental state which translates to your physical state at least mine.
Good point. Workaholism can destroy a relationship. Glad you got a break from the daily rat race.

So, in terms of stress killing libido, it sounds like it's the same for men as for women. So why don't men demonstrate a better understanding of what women go through, who work and run a household/family?

Old 09-10-2012, 02:08 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,838,993 times
Quote:
I equally blame women. No false advertising ladies. If you cant keep your man happy and work, go to school, have kids, be in PTA, carpool etc etc etc, somethings gotta give. I wouldn't give up good sex for anything. I think thats the problem with a lot of women. We are taught that there are more important things in life and sometimes we really need to go back and remember the basics.

You may have wanted kids, but remember it took a man and sex to get them here....DONT FORGET THAT (aka your man).
LOL. Yup, if you are not prepared to be superwoman then don't have kids. Um... what?

I think a lot of modern women assume the hubby will be around to help with the childrearing, and then are caught of guard about how it actually shakes out.

That said, you have to speak up for yourself and set limits once you get caught out there. If you never address the situation that's as much your fault as his.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:09 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,324,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
The study counted cooking as "house work." It also included stuff like making beds. So it averages out to less than 1.5 hours a day. Maybe the typical women in the study cooks more than you do? I dunno.
I cook about 6 days a week, but I'm efficient and only cooking for 1.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:11 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,324,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
LOL. Yup, if you are not prepared to be superwoman then don't have kids. Um... what?
That was not what I was saying whatsoever. I'm saying if you get married (1st in the process) and have kids (2nd in the process) it is important to remember the relationship came first and should therefore have precedence. If you are over-extending yourself to the point that the relationship suffers, you need to re-evaluate whats important.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:11 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,786,638 times
Quote:
I equally blame women. No false advertising ladies. If you cant keep your man happy and work, go to school, have kids, be in PTA, carpool etc etc etc, somethings gotta give. I wouldn't give up good sex for anything. I think thats the problem with a lot of women. We are taught that there are more important things in life and sometimes we really need to go back and remember the basics.

You may have wanted kids, but remember it took a man and sex to get them here....DONT FORGET THAT (aka your man).
I agree but society worships women to a point that to criticize means to hate. You can't get married and just assume your good to go. Alot of men wouldn't want the whole turned housewife so don't gon changing your style once your in a marriage.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
The study counted cooking as "house work." It also included stuff like making beds. So it averages out to less than 1.5 hours a day.
This is an interesting detail. If both husband and wife work, why would it be the woman's job to cook every day, and why couldn't the guy make the beds before going to work? Seems like that rarely happens.

I say, that if they both work, they can afford to pay to have someone come in once/week if only for a half-day, and do some of the weekly cleaning chores. Otherwise, it's too much to juggle. Unless they have kids, and can delegate some of the chores to the kids.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:16 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,302,348 times
Quote:
onihC, you really should stop talking about a life of which you know NOTHING.
I grew up in a house where we all pitched in for house chores. My parents were not afraid to tell me and my siblings to do house chores and it wasn’t really a burden. We all did our parts. Read back a few pages where I share how things worked out. A family of 5 and I don’t remember a day when the house was all dirty and my parents didn’t look good for each other.

Quote:
We get it -- you think women are vile and manipulative. Enough already
Nope. Some may exaggerate a bit saying paying a bill is too much work or feeding a dog. I wonder if you get as defensive when it is often said men have no feelings, men just want sex, and so on.

Quote:
But please, keep arguing how easy it is to run a household. Oh thank god for online bill paying. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go eat some bon bons and soak in the tub before putting on the sexy lingerie that ironed itself.
If you, and other married women around here, have all this time to participate in a forum, check out social networks, etc. then I suppose house chores are not that bad, are they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships