Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 11:50 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,641,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
So if the wife doesn't want sex, is the man's fault. If it's one of those rare cases where the man is too tired and exhausted for sex, it's the man's fault too, right?
I'm unsure how you got 'if the wife doesn't want sex it's the man fault' since nowhere in what you're quoting do I state, suggest, or imply that it's the man's fault if the wife doesn't want sex.

I do state I think more men than women don't look at the issue or even consider there is an issue as it seems the go-to solution is 'she shuts up and puts out' rather than find out why she doesn't want to put out.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:58 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,288,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluelessme View Post
I'm not married, but my fear is that "I" might not get enough.
You are a woman, you are less likely to get a “no” from a man.

Quote:
I will never say no to my husband
It’s a nice positive way of thinking but married women saying no to their husband is normal really.

Quote:
I just hope his drive is enough to fill my own needs.
What makes you think you have a high sex drive? For a woman to say she has a high sex drive is not the same as a man saying he has a high sex drive.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:59 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,309,816 times
Quote:

What makes you think you have a high sex drive? For a woman to say she has a high sex drive is not the same as a man saying he has a high sex drive.
So male: normal sex drive and women: high sex drive-should be a good match.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:01 PM

36,634 posts, read 30,953,043 times
Quote:
It is often said that married women are exhausted and therefore don’t want to have sex once they take a bite of the wedding cake. I wonder how college girls do it handling part time jobs, sleepless nights studying and preparing projects, homework, keeping their apartment clean, etc. and still have time to shag with guys and actually enjoy it.
1. college girls are generally 18-25
2. part time job vs. full time job + keeping house + cooking 4 herself, husband and kids
3. honestly there arent that many sleepless nights studyiing
4. Have you seen many dorm rooms? not a lot of cleaning going on
5. they are shagging guys. Guys that are 18-15 so its enjoyable. Not the same guy that boring or selfish in the sack.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
So male: normal sex drive and women: high sex drive-should be a good match.
Heheheh sounds like it. It’s like a man saying he does so many house chores. Ask his wife and let’s see if “I do lots of house chores” means the same to her, see what I mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
1. college girls are generally 18-25
2. part time job vs. full time job + keeping house + cooking 4 herself, husband and kids
3. honestly there arent that many sleepless nights studyiing
4. Have you seen many dorm rooms? not a lot of cleaning going on
5. they are shagging guys. Guys that are 18-15 so its enjoyable. Not the same guy that boring or selfish in the sack.
Honestly, there aren’t many sleepless nights for married women. If someone sleeps less, it’s probably a female student at least for a month and a half when semesters are almost over and lots of projects, presentations, and exams have to be presented. Children are not necessary for married women to not want to have sex. Many guys who are in sexless marriages don’t even have children in the picture, yet, women are too exhausted, depressed, have headaches, etc. You’re right, dorms are no big deal when it comes to cleaning, I am talking about apartments.

#5…not the same boring guy or selfish in the sack hahaha! True. I guess that can be a reason why married men can get frustrated not only because the wife stopped having sex once they got married but because before marriage at least women would seduce him, be wild and hot, etc.

I don’t really feel that bad with guys who complain about not having enough sex once they got married. Come on, as if they didn’t know that is something that happens commonly once married. It’s like a football/rugby player complaining that he got hit during a game. As if he didn’t know those things happen in a game.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:16 PM

442 posts, read 616,169 times
Quote:
Heheheh sounds like it. It’s like a man saying he does so many house chores. Ask his wife and let’s see if “I do lots of house chores” means the same to her, see what I mean?

Honestly, there aren’t many sleepless nights for married women. If someone sleeps less, it’s probably a female student at least for a month and a half when semesters are almost over and lots of projects, presentations, and exams have to be presented. Children are not necessary for married women to not want to have sex. Many guys who are in sexless marriages don’t even have children in the picture, yet, women are too exhausted, depressed, have headaches, etc. You’re right, dorms are no big deal when it comes to cleaning, I am talking about apartments.

#5…not the same boring guy or selfish in the sack hahaha! True. I guess that can be a reason why married men can get frustrated not only because the wife stopped having sex once they got married but because before marriage at least women would seduce him, be wild and hot, etc.

I don’t really feel that bad with guys who complain about not having enough sex once they got married. Come on, as if they didn’t know that is something that happens commonly once married. It’s like a football/rugby player complaining that he got hit during a game. As if he didn’t know those things happen in a game.
How is it that you know so much about the habits of married women. If you have a baby or a sick kid, you can have a lot of nights where you aren't getting enough sleep. Unlike a college person, you don't have a chance to make up for it later on by sleeping late. You still have to get to work, take kids to school etc. etc.

If all the guys you know are men who are in depressing marriages....well it sounds like you hang out with a depressing bunch of people...I'm sure there is more to the story they aren't tellling you.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:23 PM

442 posts, read 616,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Well, I was referring to the married women who stay at home, or work part time. Simpy put, and with all due respect, the type of 'work' they do is no comparison to the type of work men do which consist of working in coal mines or gold dredging in the Bearing Sea.

As far as women who do work, and work demanding in jobs such as law enforcement, nursing, or teaching, I believe at some point women need to be honest with themselves and realize that they won't have enough energy/time to handle a stressful career and marriage. This is one of the reasons why the divorce rate is so high; the career minded people are neglecting their duties to their consorts.
Your comment is pure silliness. You do realize it takes two to maintain a marriage, don't you.

For most couples I know it is a necessity that both work, or both in the couple have decided they prefer the lifestyle that comes along with having two incomes. In those cases BOTH partners have duties...not just one. In most of the couples I know where both work it is still the woman who does most of the housework and parenting duties.

I don't know any men currently doing anything remotely close to dredging gold in the Bering Sea, so I'm not sure how this fits into the discussion.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:25 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,309,816 times
Are we all in a consensus that married mothers are unequivocally the busiest people on earth and therefore justified if they allow other things to fall by the wayside?

I'm pretty sure that logic would not fly in any other aspect of life.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspentree View Post
If you have a baby or a sick kid, you can have a lot of nights where you aren't getting enough sleep.
It’s not like your kid gets sick for long periods. It’s not like the kid is always sick when women have the headaches, depressions, and exhaustions. If the kid is sick, of course it would be a bit selfish for a man to want to have sex when there are other things that need to be taken care of. As selfish as a woman who goes out with the girlfriends, shopping, etc. but when the husband wants to do it, she’s too tired but was not tired when she went out.

Quote:
Unlike a college person, you don't have a chance to make up for it later on by sleeping late. You still have to get to work, take kids to school etc. etc.
The more the kids grow up, the less work is required to take care of them as if they were babies. Heck, in my house, my siblings and I would rotate house chores since we were kids. My parents worked outside home and also took care of house chores when we came back. Sometimes it seems American parents are too afraid to ask their children to pitch in or something.

Quote:
If all the guys you know are men who are in depressing marriages
It’s not depressing marriages necessarily. They are simply not having as much sex as they did before they got married and most of them don’t even have kids.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:30 PM

36,634 posts, read 30,953,043 times
Quote:

Well I have been a college student and I have been a married women and from my own exp. I had more sleepless nights when I was married tending to sick children. In college my sleepless nights were because I was having sex, not studying.

I dont feel bad for the guys that complain either because, again from my exp., there usually full of horse poop. Yes its obvious that a couple will have less over the course of a 10 year marriage because they both age (hormonal decreases), they work more, have more stress, etc. No way do I believe its so one sided. There is as many women out there that feel they are not getting enough sex especially quality sex. We just dont go around complaining about it. Again in my exp. generally men will at least act like they want sex all the time and grope their SO at all the inappropriate times knowing its not feasible to have sex then. Thats what they call not getting enough sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.