Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2013, 09:58 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I just think this is an issue of women being generally better looking than men. I notice attractive, normal, non-supermodel women every day. Men, not so much. I think you can recognize another man as attractive even if you aren't sexually into men. The reason you don't see it is because most of them just aren't aesthetically pleasing.
Bull, it's because women make themselves eye-catching by wearing make-up and the clothes they wear. Women are not 'naturally the most beautiful sex.'

Old 03-05-2013, 10:01 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Bull, it's because women make themselves eye-catching by wearing make-up and the clothes they wear. Women are not 'naturally the most beautiful sex.'
Reality: It doesn't matter. Girl could be busted or overweight with nice boobs/legs/ass-men will look. Women dont even have to make themselves look nice. Put an average looking girl without makeup on in a low-cut shirt-doesn't matter what else is going on.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Reality: It doesn't matter. Girl could be busted or overweight with nice boobs/legs/ass-men will look. Women dont even have to make themselves look nice. Put an average looking girl without makeup on in a low-cut shirt-doesn't matter what else is going on.
Because of this it's common for women as well as men to believe that women are the more objectively beautiful sex. Although I notice women way more than men, and am turned on by them, I can objectively say that neither gender is objectively anything. It's in the eye of the beholder who is in turn influenced by socio-cultural conditioning.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:06 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,232 times
Quote:
Because of this it's common for women as well as men to believe that women are the more objectively beautiful sex. Although I notice women way more than men, and am turned on by them, I can objectively say that neither gender is objectively anything. It's in the eye of the beholder who is in turn influenced by socio-cultural conditioning.
Women are not the more attractive sex. Men are the more sexually driven gender. That's the issue. Re-wire men to find things appealing about a women besides her physical features and everyone would be on an equal playing field.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:07 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Quote:
I think women are naturally better looking. I don't think men should start wearing makeup, but it's true that clothes make a difference. When a man dresses nice, I notice. But guess what? Most don't!

Old 03-05-2013, 10:08 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
That study was confined to men on that specific website, not all men in the world at large.
Of course, its a small sample size. But IMO it applies alot in the general population.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I think women are naturally better looking. I don't think men should start wearing makeup, but it's true that clothes make a difference. When a man dresses nice, I notice. But guess what? Most don't!
Maybe these days they might appear superficially so, but when I look at old photos from like the 1880s of people the women look as plain and homely as the men. Indeed actually the men could look quite 'pretty.' A woman had to be a real stunner to stand out. Take away their makeup and fancy clothes, and a lot of these 'hotties' would be plain Janes. I can spot natural beauty fairly well, a lot of men are oblivious to it.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
No it also seemed that women were particularly picky about men in general.

I don't really get out much, so it's not like I've been exposed to a ton of women. It's hard to gauge my perceived level of attractiveness (personally I think I'm not bad looking, perhaps average to slightly above average) to women in the situations where I go out, because I don't often chat up women and mostly just feel like I blend into the background. These disheartening experiences don't exactly enthuse me into going out much.
Again - what are you basing this on? It seems you have limited experience in this area so I'm not sure what you are expecting.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:13 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times
Like for example, I'm 25 years old.

In my opinion if I did an experiment and took an average 25 year old female and showed her a random sample of 50 guys In her general age range 21-27 she would find a much smaller amount of these men attractive then if I Took a 25 year old man and gave him a similar sample(but 21-27 year old Females)

Men are just easier to impress when It comes to physical appearance

Old 03-05-2013, 10:15 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Like for example, I'm 25 years old.

In my opinion if I did an experiment and took an average 25 year old female and showed her a random sample of 50 guys In her general age range 21-27 she would find a much smaller amount of men attractive then if I Took a 25 year old man and gave him a similar sample(but 21-27 year old Females)

Men are just easier to please when It comes to physical appearance
I've said this a number of times and people either overlook it or ignore it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships