Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 08:49 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle43 View Post
Enjoy your money. You know, lots of guys trapped in marriages envy your freedom.
Not to derail this thread, but no man is "trapped" in marriage. Everything you do or don't do is a choice. If you're miserable and you stay, that's on you, not on the woman you're alleging is "making" you miserable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 09:00 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,846,004 times
Have you tried approaching the below average girls?

They are out there. Maybe stop aiming so high?
Also,what about older women?

Old 05-31-2013, 12:57 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,473,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Uh ... no. You misread my post.

Shy (or "lacking confidence") people have to practice interacting with others, particularly interacting with others romantically. They become nervous wrecks (or just avoid it entirely). But with time, and with practice asking people on dates and eventually going on dates, they become more comfortable with this very scary (for them) interaction. Furthermore, everybody who has little experience interacting with others romantically and with relationships benefits from practice at doing it. They learn what works well and what doesn't, how to avoid long uncomfortable silences, and when they should and when they shouldn't and how they should approach women. But that has nothing to do with "having game" or "pickup artist".

I did not in any way recommend for him to act out of character, "have game," or be a pimp. Absurd !
Okay, Davros, you're right, I misinterpreted your earlier post. You are right that people get nervous--like giving speeches--and with practice they begin to lose that fear more and more. Being too nervous can make you speak like a bumbling fool. It's happened to me before. Not it hasn't, I'm the biggest pimp in the world. Not.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:58 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,623,896 times
We need the short doctor to chime in.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:59 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoMars View Post
As the title suggests. 31, never had a girl friend, still a virgin.

My height (5"4) and looks probably go against me but I wouldn't say I'm completely ugly - say below average. If personality/confidence is the most important trait its maybe fair to say I'm lacking in self confidence/self-esteem but I'm not a nervous bumbling idiot. Everyone who knows me says I'm not shy and fairly outgoing. It's difficult to be super confident when you have a past with no success. I signed up for online dating yesterday - got friends to vet my profile etc.......messaged 9 women so far, 7 haven't replied.....26 have viewed my profile......nothing.

I definitly can't do anything about my height, nor much about my looks if thats the problem so I've always figured its my confidence and personality I need to work on. I'm even seeing a therapist who practises CBT to try and change any negative thinking or limiting beliefs I have. I've read up on trying to be playful/funny/cheeky/flirting etc as well.

By my counting I've asked out/fancied 38 women in my life time......they've all said no. I've only ever successfully initiated a kiss with 3 women ever, the other times its always been the women.

Millions of men meet up/hook up with women every single day - I have a friend whos slept with over 40 women, another whos had about 12 girl friends...but me, 31 and nothing? Why am I so different? I really don't believe I'm that un-desirable.....but I'm beginning to wonder. There are some tings in life people will never do - be a professional sports player, get that job they wanted, have kids......is it also true to say that plenty of people will just live live forever single? Do a google search and you'll find plenty of stuff on men in their 50's & 60's totally single.

Its crazy how uncommon this is to the point its almost laughable. Should I just give up & accept it? Anyone got any ideas or experience with/met anyone similar who's turned this around?

If it means that much to you, don't give up.

However, some posts in this forum might tempt you to give up.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:00 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,473,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
We need the short doctor to chime in.
I don't know who he is but I love that name!

Is the short doctor a gynecologist?

Old 05-31-2013, 01:02 PM

Personality goes a hell of a long way especially if you are vertically challenged. Be more out going. Hang out at bars and strike up conversations. I don't seem too eager because that might scare off a lot of women.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
I don't know who he is but I love that name!

Is the short doctor a gynecologist?
I forgot what his actual screen name is. It may actually be shortdoctor or something like that. He has started many threads just like this one. I am going to try to dig one up.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:20 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,674,263 times
I say give up, join the clergy, and taunt the nuns ceaselessly with suggestive innuendo.

Then, go rouge, by a plane like that guy from Lost, and start smuggling heroin.

Then buy a prostitute, or a wife, from like Thailand or the Caribbeans.

Then, set up a mansion and pretend you're Vito Corleone.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
I say give up, join the clergy, and taunt the nuns ceaselessly with suggestive innuendo.

Then, go rouge, by a plane like that guy from Lost, and start smuggling heroin.

Then buy a prostitute, or a wife, from like Thailand or the Caribbeans.

Then, set up a mansion and pretend you're Vito Corleone.
You should put that in a script and send it to Hollywood..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships