Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2013, 07:58 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,749,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
OK, but let's say a man is the $45K earner who spends $38K. How many women are attracted to that? If you're being honest, it's fairly few. Even the people on here mock guys who make $45K and drive a Civic as "losers." It's not "well, I am only looking at your finances to see how responsible you are." Or if it is, it's like "good, you're only spending $38K, that leaves $7K for me to spend."
There are plenty of women who date guys who make $45k a year, the funny thing is that the guys who seem to worry the most about gold diggers also seem to worry the most about how little money they make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 08:02 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
lets be honest here, many many women won't date a guy unless he is financially
stable or secure. cal lit what you want (ambition, character, potential,
whatever), these women are measuring his worth as a man by his financial
resources. can you blame them? certainly not if they have the looks, body, and
personality to be worth their weight in gold.
If this is true explain why there are millions of men who are not financially secure who are dating/married.
I don't know any men who cant get a gf if they want one. My uncle never had a real job and lived with granny until she died and he has a gf. My old neighbor was short, balding and overweight, works in a factory for little over min. wage and lived with his mother until she died. He got girlfriends. I know guys on disability or retirement that get women.

Perhaps they are not getting the thin, blonde, busty, gorgeous model type women but they can get a women at their own level. So its got to be envy.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:02 AM

529 posts, read 702,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
There are plenty of women who date guys who make $45k a year, the funny thing is that the guys who seem to worry the most about gold diggers also seem to worry the most about how little money they make.
Absolutely there are women who date guys who make $45K a year. But rarely are they women who are "dating down." If a guy makes $45K a year, it's rare that he's witha woman making $100K. But the reverse is relatively common (as long as the woman is hot).

Old 10-08-2013, 08:04 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
So you say.

And $95,000 is a lot of money for a single earner. Especially for someone in their 30's or 40's. It can take some public high school teachers into her 60's to earning between $60,000 and $80,000 I believe. Here in Milwaukee I think. I don't know the figures for certain but I think off the top of my head from memory its more or less around there.

First of all, what men exactly are you talking about on this board. I keep hearing reference to shadow figures. Like when someone keeps saying, "they," so exactly who is "they"?

What men have been complaining women have only been after them for their money? I haven't read every thread, so, maybe some have. But in the few threads I have read I didn't cross over any.

Are you making all this up in your head?

Darwin? I don't think you have a clue what Darwin or evolution taught or teaches. And if you found out you would not like it. For example, intra-species competition, that includes between females, is simply part of nature and helps partly explain why certain genes predominate in a population. So, all this coddling girls and women as all of them being "beautiful" is just ridiculous in a Darwinian perception. Secondly, a male that is rejected by say... women in the population of Chicago, and therefore seeks out mating potential as a niche for himself in a totally different population as say... Mexico City, is acting perfectly logical in the Darwinian perception. The Darwinian perception is one of procreate, pass on your genes, live long enough to do it, and it does not matter what nationality she calls herself. Dead beat dads are also perfectly fine in Darwinians in so far as they are considered "fit."

Defensive about what? I earn about $12,000 a year on a non-service connected VA pension. I give a rip what you or anyone thinks about it. And I don't take order from you. And my "attitude" is staying with me.

Or what... you are going to come up with some fictional narrative of me being bitter over chasing after women that are dentists, corporate lawyers, environmental engineers, judges, state senators... and them "dissing" me because I'm a "loser"?

Whatever fictitious story floats your boat. About 98% of the women in the past I courted were women on welfare. Some might call them welfare queens. I don't think I ever courted one professional woman in my life.

So, I'll say it again, women on welfare want rich men. Period. Story over with. And no, I don't owe them or you anything. You don't like it? Call your U.S. Senator, because I sure as h_ll don't give a f__.
Good grief

Why in the world would my comments get you so riled, if none of what I said applies to you...

12k a yr on a VA pension, sounds like you're possibly retired and should be old enough to have been around the block to not take anyones comments on a public forum so personally.

Your first post directed at me you came at me like a ton of bricks..... still don't know what set you off with the personal attack rampage you went on.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:06 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,805,785 times
Quote:
That's not true. A women wants to know what a man does almost immediately. From that, you can tell roughly what he makes. If a man says he's a janitor, trust me, women aren't going to be interested unless they're housekeepers or maids. Now you can claim that you "didn't know what he made," but that's not actually true.
Like I said, if you have women who won't date you until you give them a tax return and investment portfolio, then you have a problem. But in reality, how many women ask you for this? And no, no one knows how much you make if you tell them your job (unless you are in the military maybe--since they have set pay grades that are published online). And if the topic of careers comes up, usually she mentions what she does too because you are discussing what you do for most of your day, not because either of you is trying to asses income.

Prime example. Way back when, someone mentioned dating a lawyer... a lawyer can make $45k to millions a year depending on if they are starting out or are a partner in a high end firm. How Much Money Does a Lawyer Make in a Year?. So someone telling you they are a lawyer tells you nothing about what they make.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Like I said, if you have women who won't date you until you give them a tax return and investment portfolio, then you have a problem. But in reality, how many women ask you for this? And no, no one knows how much you make if you tell them your job (unless you are in the military maybe--since they have set pay grades that are published online). And if the topic of careers comes up, usually she mentions what she does too because you are discussing what you do for most of your day, not because either of you is trying to asses income.

Prime example. Way back when, someone mentioned dating a lawyer... a lawyer can make $45k to millions a year depending on if they are starting out or are a partner in a high end firm. How Much Money Does a Lawyer Make in a Year?. So someone telling you they are a lawyer tells you nothing about what they make.
Sure, but the odds are that the lawyer isn't making $45K. Is it possible? Sure. But what are the odds? Fairly low. I'll take that gamble. Even if he's making $45K, what is his potential? You can date a medical student who is in loads of debt and claim that means you don't care about money, but you're basically lining yourself up for the future. That's different from if someone tells you they're a salesclerk at a mall kiosk and you date them. And, yes, you do know roughly what people make when they tell you what they do.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:15 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Lol, c'mon man, these women aren't going to admit that money matters 'way more' than they're willing to admit.
C'mon man, wanting someone fiscally responsible and able to provide for himself does not equal gold digger.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:16 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
See, again you're just trying to say "a gold-digger is someone who ONLY wants money." Before, you said a gold-digger wants money ALONE. You're just repeating yourself. If you want to define "gold-digging" as "a woman detests a man but he's rich so she goes with him and that's the only way it's gold-digging," then sure most women aren't gold-diggers by your definition, which is totally irrelevant. See, it's just women trying to excuse their behavior.
Let me ask you again - do you think that, by your definition, the majority of women are gold diggers? It's a simple question.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:16 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,805,785 times
Quote:
Absolutely there are women who date guys who make $45K a year. But rarely are they women who are "dating down." If a guy makes $45K a year, it's rare that he's witha woman making $100K. But the reverse is relatively common (as long as the woman is hot).

You are right in that it's not the majority, but I hardly would say it's "rare" and as woman are finally catching up to men on earning money, things are shifting.

Quote:

Moms now 40% of household breadwinners
Moms for the first time are now the primary providers in almost half of U.S. households with children, a sharp increase from just 11% in 1960, according to a new Pew Research Center analysis of data from the U.S. Census Bureau. The study credits the increased presence of women in the workplace for the rise.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...ilies/2364191/

Old 10-08-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Let me ask you again - do you think that, by your definition, the majority of women are gold diggers? It's a simple question.
I'd say that by my definition most women who CAN, will do. In other words, not to be too blunt but if you're not hot then you're chances of landing a guy who can support you go down. That's because -- as men are very open in saying -- men look at appearances. We don't go "oh, so you do think that the majority of men are ONLY concerned with appearances ALONE?? Answer the question."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships