Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 03:59 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,999,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
We only bash the misogynists.
And they are not men. Not real men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 04:09 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
We only bash the misogynists.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:10 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,644,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoalimony View Post
You don't have to be married to have kids. I guess you missed the stat that over 50% of children born to women under 30 are born to unmarried women?

You have to be married to run for Mayor? Are you joking? The Governor of Colorado is publicly separated from his wife, and has a girlfriend he hangs out with, in public.
When your married and have kids most of the time they do better in every aspect of life .also I do not care about your or anyones elses basterd kids . my kids will be ready for the real world and the unmarried peoples kids will be jail.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:22 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,603,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
When your married and have kids most of the time they do better in every aspect of life .also I do not care about your or anyones elses basterd kids . my kids will be ready for the real world and the unmarried peoples kids will be jail.
Perhaps, provided they've learning spelling, punctuation, and grammar from someone other than you.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:50 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,644,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Perhaps, provided they've learning spelling, punctuation, and grammar from someone other than you.
LOL I was on my cell phone and driving seeing my car is a 5 speed it is hard to shift and post and keep one eye on the road. I do not get why people get so butt hurt when I say kids are better off with mom and dad living together when the numbers back it up. Not saying kids from one parent homes can not make somethi g of them self's the odds are against them it is sad .

Old 11-16-2013, 04:52 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,392,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim71new View Post
Sure, people say "men need to grow up and stop fearing commitment," but seeing as women initiate two-thirds of divorces, maybe they need the lecture in commitment.
I like this Marriage is not about commitment; it's about insurance! So long as the man stays with the woman, he is proving his level of commitment. And any disagreement with this boils down to a lack of faith/trust in the man on the part of the woman, who has found a convenient and socially accepted- no, applauded way to say, "Look, I just can't trust that you're going to stay by my side unless we get legally married." Like an admission that the woman isn't good enough to keep the man just by being a keeper herself. More reason for the man to fear that she's going to change at some point and **** it up...

And ironically, we all agree trust is an essential part of making a relationship work. So go figure.

My wife and I got married (two years after having a kid together) because we wanted the benefits. We got the occasional "When are you two gonna get hitched?" beforehand, and I responded to one as follows:

"Well, we were planning on getting married in a couple months, assuming no one asked us that question... Now, it's gonna be another six months, thanks a lot"

Old 11-16-2013, 04:53 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,603,533 times
Quote:
LOL I was on my cell phone and driving
In that case I also hope they learn how to drive from someone other than you, and don't ride in the car with you while you're driving and playing on the internet simultaneously.

Old 11-16-2013, 05:03 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
LOL I was on my cell phone and driving seeing my car is a 5 speed it is hard to shift and post and keep one eye on the road. I do not get why people get so butt hurt when I say kids are better off with mom and dad living together when the numbers back it up. Not saying kids from one parent homes can not make somethi g of them self's the odds are against them it is sad .
Put the phone down and concentrate on driving before you kill someone.

Old 11-16-2013, 05:07 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,021,617 times
OH, OP, where to begin?
Could you just have your SO write in, instead of you?
She made a big mistake in giving you the benefits of marriage prematurely. Beyond that, I'm speechless.

Old 11-16-2013, 05:09 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim71new View Post
MIT =/= nation wide. Women have seen no growth in STEM fields in 10 years. Furthermore, men outnumber women in engineering 7:1. Also, women go to medical school to be nurses most of the time. Guess who the doctors are...

- Forbes

If a woman dates up - and most do - what can she have to lose?

Step one: choose an easy field that makes $40k/yr
Step two: scope out the guys who make more
Step three pressure some $80k/yr STEM field guy into marrying just as her looks are declining.

in 4 years, he's made $320k to her small $160k. Add it up and divide it in half. Whalaaaah. she leaves the marriage with more than she came in with, and the guy gained 0. back to square one with less money. maybe we should take a note from African American males and just avoid marriage. they seem to look at relationships like women do, IE "what can SHE do for ME." i find it odd that "we" support marriage so heavily, yet "we" get nothing out of it and it usually reduces our standard of living.
by "we" i mean caucasians. no, i haven't been married, as i am in my 20s. but i can see myself as a 30 year old still doing me.
Then don't marry...it is obviously not for you. No reason to tell the rest of the world how to live. (By the way- if you go into any relationship looking at only what you will get when the person leaves you- it is not apt to be successful.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships