Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2016, 11:55 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,057,497 times

Advertisements

Taco Man is available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 12:01 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,037,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Basically she's still the same as before. She's gone from 1 extreme to the next.

She's gone from men who are users, and give her tons of freedom due to not giving a damn about her. To the current guy who's overly clingy, jealous, and co-dependent that won't leave her alone.

Basically the shoe is on the other foot. The guy is just messed up in the opposite direction. It sounds like he suffers from low self-esteem and turning to relationships for possible fulfillment. And sadly, he got involved with the wrong woman who has more going on that he bargained for.

I'm sure. But again. If you are unwilling to compromise, admit you have some flaws to be worked on, and wanna always be in control, then no. Chances are, the only men who will be happy are the dysfunctional ones.

So you may as well go back to the previous ex prior to this guy. Or the Couch-Sleeper. They both put up with you well enough. And they apparently didn't smother you Gym-Jock.
Couch sleeper would love for me to take him back because he has hit rock bottom but I don't know that I have the energy for that either.

Like seriously he ended up picked up for a parole violation right before Easter. I pulled my strings and got him rereleasd. Tuesday he threatened to kill himself and was committed. He just got let out last night. He is needy just in a whole different way.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Taco Man is available.
I am not sure Taco's even sound worth the effort required. Maybe a beer delivery guy at this point, but even then, I pass enough liquor stores that I can buy my own beer with minimal hassle.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:11 PM

138 posts, read 112,304 times
Hahahahaha, LowonLuck is either an elaborate troll (pretty good one btw) or extremely mentally ill/unstable, yet you goobers keep engaging with her.

Good thing the mods here are extremely biased in what they choose to enforce.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:13 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,235,784 times
Oh no, I wasn't trying to insinuate that you don't spend enough time with your kids or anything like that. Just that it is unrealistic to expect to be a free spirit when young children are in the mix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I often take my children. I might be craving some time away from the significant other. But I am not joking when I say he waits for me outside the bathroom door. I can't even pee in peace.

My single girl friends go out more than I do and I go out often. I took my whole family out last night, including my parents, so it is not like I do not believe in spending significant time with family. I do.
The bolded is really disturbing; like borderline psychotic, stalker-ish behavior. I think you know this too, and that's why you're feeling so smothered in this relationship.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:16 PM

78,434 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Generally speaking if someone says that they have relationship problems because of their partners and it keeps recurring....then you have to begin to wonder if maybe that person is part of the problem as well.

For example, a guy might describe himself as a free spirit and women can't handle that....but in reality he actually sleeps around behind his girls back and gets dumped when he gets caught.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Oh no, I wasn't trying to insinuate that you don't spend enough time with your kids or anything like that. Just that it is unrealistic to expect to be a free spirit when young children are in the mix.

The bolded is really disturbing; like borderline psychotic, stalker-ish behavior. I think you know this too, and that's why you're feeling so smothered in this relationship.
Yup which is why I am very close to blowing my lid. And I can be very hot headed with my Irish temper. It is coming...

Old 06-24-2016, 12:19 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am happy with myself.

You may want to check your posts. Perhaps one personality hasn't met the other?

You don't seem to think you're happy.

You do realize this is a cycle with you? Every few months your on top of the world you are so happy, then everything sucks and you are intent on finding a man.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-24-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Generally speaking if someone says that they have relationship problems because of their partners and it keeps recurring....then you have to begin to wonder if maybe that person is part of the problem as well.

For example, a guy might describe himself as a free spirit and women can't handle that....but in reality he actually sleeps around behind his girls back and gets dumped when he gets caught.
Oh my expectations may be unreasonable.

When I say free spirit, I mean it is a Thursday and I have a few minutes and want to stop for a beer, or go for a bike ride with a friend.

Or it is the weekend, and I pack up the car and kids and head to the beach. I have had guys dump me because I did not drag them along to the beach. I don't need someone with me all the time.

I don't want freedom to cheat. That is not me. My couch surfer ex even told my new bf that I am incredibly loyal and would never cheat.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You may want to check your posts. Perhaps one personality hasn't met the other?

You don't seem to think you're happy.

You do realize this is a cycle with you? Every few months your on top of the world you are so happy, then everything sucks and you are intent on finding a man.
I am really happy with myself right now. I would with or without a man. Maybe a little happier Without a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships