Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2018, 11:34 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Since you don't mountain bike maybe the hypothetical should be you biking at her level
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
And if it's a two-person bike you can kino.

Readjust her thighs on the seat and so on.
Agreed. If one would like to mountain bike on a first date but "has never gotten into that", this could serve as a good lesson in humility, as well. It's just as important to find out if someone will laugh at you OR with you, especially if the end goal in this particular poster's dating is always "raw sexuality" and a continued sex life.... Yes women want that too, but sheesh you're not going to get someone who appears to be in heat at a coffee shop, or the zoo. Doesn't matter, at least give the impression you would like to get your know her as a person.

The 50 Dollar Lobster Lady didn't know OP well enough to know if he'd be offended. Some people have a lot of money and don't want to spend any if it, some people don't have much money and will spend a lot on dinner, 50 Dollar Lobster does not connote the same reaction universally. We all have different priorities, the goal is to find someone who matches.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:35 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Mountain biking would be amazing first date. First off, it's free.
It's only free if you already own a mountain bike and the means to transport the mountain bike. Otherwise you'd have to rent equipment, which is not free.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:49 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,924,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's only free if you already own a mountain bike and the means to transport the mountain bike. Otherwise you'd have to rent equipment, which is not free.
Walking in the park is only free if you already own garments suitable to cover you up from violating the locality's decency laws.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:32 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Walking in the park is only free if you already own garments suitable to cover you up from violating the locality's decency laws.
Most, if not all , people own clothes and shoes. Many people do not own specialty athletic equipment.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:44 PM

736 posts, read 456,639 times
I remember one first date that consisted of a free concert and a picnic dinner in the park. I guess we had a good time...we've been together 25 yrs.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:48 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,939,281 times
Here in a restaurant in Ct catering to ocean,water catch they do not list price my daughter told me,you pay market price.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:58 PM

849 posts, read 270,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajulaDream View Post
... but I'm kinda feeling put off a bit too about it...

I paid for the bill. My concern isn't that I paid. I'm glad to do something nice for her.
My concern is I feel she wasn't considerate at all, and it is weighing on my mind. I'm sorting out my feelings right now. I find her attractive in many ways, but that was a big turn off :/
Dude? Did she put out? Sorry to be blunt, but I kind of get the feeling that if she did, you would not have posted this. A friend of mine recently got involved with someone and they had sex on the second date. As I was involved and married to someone for 25 years, the pace that relationships progress today is ASTOUNDING. But that's just me, old fashioned.

But, I'm also a realist. I know when I get back to the dating circuit (just ended my first post-divorce relationship) that that's the expectation - sex early on. Ok. I will say this, chemistry is either there or it's not. If on a first date there is no chemistry and let's all agree that chemistry is either there or it isn't and I don't feel the Zaa Zaa Zuu I wouldn't be so much of a b*&^h to order the steak and lobster combo.

But I wouldn't order the chicken either

Last edited by Forum_Newbie; 02-18-2018 at 01:39 PM.. Reason: missing word

Old 02-18-2018, 01:01 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,464,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
I don’t think that doing an activity date would be bad for a later date, but I think for a *first* date, a coffee/drink/dinner date is not a bad option. I am female and usually pay for myself on dates, but I absolutely get bored and think it’s a waste of money to be going out to dinner and a movie on date after date. I’d much rather go hiking/visit a state or local park, find a free festival, explore a part of town I haven’t seen, etc. I do love to try new restaurants, but I am just as happy to try a food truck as an expensive place.
Over time, more of my first dates have been drinks rather than an activity simply because very rarely has a strong enough activity date idea emerged from an initial conversation in a bar or a non-bar venue. If I'm not sure about an activity, then drinks at a bar is the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I would assume that the only way a mountain biking early stage date happens is if both people are already mountain bikers with the means to transport bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Yes...adversarial activities are really romantic...I guess you'd just be lobbing the ball back and forth rather than actively competing with her? However the odds that you both enjoy tennis are somewhat low - and likely not important enough to use it to rule out a relationship. Though few women want to get sweaty even on a "non-date"...I suppose some guys would use not wanting to get sweaty at a first meeting to assume sex would be out so yeah, good way to throw someone on the reject pile with no expense upfront.

Perhaps a walk in a park or downtown area...or going to an amusement park or public concert? You don't have to get coffee or drinks...how about smoothies or ice cream?
If I happen to play tennis at approximately the same level as my early stage date, then yes, we would play out a full match or set. Over time, the tennis date has not been a commonly used date because I haven't run into enough female players at a level we would both enjoy competing with each other and then maybe go somewhere else after.

Old 02-18-2018, 01:01 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,741,869 times
Are you sure the price was listed on the menu?

In certain high-end restaurants, menu don't have the prices listed. Also, in those, usually only one person gets the menu with prices. The other gets a menu with no prices.

It could be she had no idea what the price was.

Old 02-18-2018, 01:07 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,389,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PesachSeder View Post
I remember one first date that consisted of a free concert and a picnic dinner in the park. I guess we had a good time...we've been together 25 yrs.
Sounds wonderful...but some spoilsports on here would still complain about having to purchase food for the picnic! ...but I'd say you made out very well considering 25 good years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships