Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 02:49 PM

328 posts, read 573,562 times

Advertisements

HE lives with mom, not other way around.
HE has no car.
HE plays a lot of video games.
HE is 47 and lets his 80-year old mom cook and do his laundry.
HE is a waste of your time.
There are more self-sufficient fish in the sea. Unless you want to be his new mommy, keep it moving!

Old 09-10-2018, 02:52 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLuce View Post
HE lives with mom, not other way around.
HE has no car.
HE plays a lot of video games.
HE is 47 and lets his 80-year old mom cook and do his laundry.
HE is a waste of your time.
There are more self-sufficient fish in the sea. Unless you want to be his new mommy, keep it moving!
I just thought about it after flipping the genders and I couldn't imagine having any interest in the woman version of this guy. Really drove home the point in my mind. I'm not sure how anyone would want to give much thought to volunteering to get into this situation.

Shudder

Old 09-10-2018, 03:03 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,134,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamfury1 View Post
He doesnt seem to be a guy who seem to have his life together, nor has the motivation to better himself. He even mentioned that he plays a lot of video games in his free time, at 47!! . I don't know maybe I'm overthinking this.
That sounds very strange. I couldn't wait to get my own place, worked and saved starting at my college graduation, moved out on my own 12 months later.

Quote:
He asked if he can cook me dinner at my place this weekend, and stay overnight. Up until this point we haven't had sex. Just some fooling around. As much as I am attracted to him and enjoy his company, and I am also not comfortable with this.
It's not my place to criticize other people's morals and you didn't state how many dates you've had or whether mommy's house was your first date, but IMO too soon.

Quote:
Yes, I know. Thats another thing that I would say is a red flag. 47yo and never married.
It's not never married that bothers me, it's his living like a 19 year old. Mommy cooks and washes while he hits the games.

Just one comment, I know one person who was living with his elderly mother because she needed his assistance. That makes sense to me, but your situation sounds to me like it's her taking care of her boy.

Old 09-10-2018, 03:03 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Is being never married a red flag? Why? Where?
There are many people who BY CHOICE never get married and are very happy with that. There are people that date, have SO, even live together and still never get married. Living single is how they live their most meaningful and fulfilling lives.
Other single people won’t marry just for the sake of marrying. They have standards. That doesn’t make them “too picky” - it makes them wise.
And there are people who have practical concerns: they simply do not want the financial or legal entanglements that marriage entails.
What's wrong with that?

Marriage is waning in popularity in contemporary culture. You will encounter more and more people who are single and happy!
Bingo! Lack of marriage does not a loser make.

Old 09-10-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Right. He helps her by allowing her to cook his meals and do his laundry.
Say it, Petunia 100.

Old 09-10-2018, 03:09 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,265 times
I'm surprised (not even slightly) that this thread seems designed solely to ridicule a man who defies societal expectations. Because surely had we all said the OP should grab this tall hunk of handsomeness she would have, so it's really about wanting us to vote and all.

My sarcasm is a little out of control today, but this crap gets old. Women don't like guys who live with mom, but apparently they do like pro athletes. The things I learn here.

Old 09-10-2018, 03:09 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,134,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
In the past year and half, (on average) how many hours a week have I spent on CD/CDr? I then quickly humbled myself.
Oops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
He's a catch who does not want to be caught.
At least if OP wants to get away all she has to do is drive faster than he can run. I hope he doesn't get hurt biting her tires!

Old 09-10-2018, 03:11 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I just thought about it after flipping the genders and I couldn't imagine having any interest in the woman version of this guy. Really drove home the point in my mind. I'm not sure how anyone would want to give much thought to volunteering to get into this situation.

Shudder
OR....

A 47 yo lady who has 8 cats and introduces you to each one explaining their individual personalities.

Old 09-10-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin1127 View Post
hmm, Petunia, you dont know if he helps his mom out. She may enjoy cooking for him, and doing his laundry. Some moms are like that. He may do a lot of the work in the house.
If a guy or gal is 47 years old and living at home with mommy and/or daddy, unless it's culturally indicated or situational to care provision, there is a looming issue of lack of independence. Heck, I expect to see that in older teenagers or very young adults; past that age, I see adjustment and maturity issues. Grow up and move out and take care of yourself. Let your parent(s) have his/her life back.

Old 09-10-2018, 03:12 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I'm surprised (not even slightly) that this thread seems designed solely to ridicule a man who defies societal expectations. Because surely had we all said the OP should grab this tall hunk of handsomeness she would have, so it's really about wanting us to vote and all.

My sarcasm is a little out of control today, but this crap gets old. Women don't like guys who live with mom, but apparently they do like pro athletes. The things I learn here.
What about a pro athlete who lives with mom, is he still considered "AWESOME?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships