Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 05:11 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,107,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
I wish you the best, but your threads are sounding entitled. She should smile and talk to you because she's no beauty queen? Do seriously believe that? Not every one is going to be attracted to everybody else. You tried once (I probably would have left it there), then twice. No big deal. Enjoy the rest of day with friends absent her. Why the bitterness?
How you came to that conclusion I have no idea.That wasn’t my point at all. I was using it as an example of how I wasn’t overly attracted to her but I figured since my friend put me in this weird spot I might as well be nice and see if we click.

When someone’s friendly with me I at least try to be friendly back. I guess that’s asking too much or entitlement.

Last edited by JBT1980; 07-29-2019 at 05:22 PM..

Old 07-29-2019, 05:40 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,969,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Oh, I remember those days. Lol

When you are with two friends and one says, “I got the blonde.” The other quickly say, “I got the brunette!” Then they both say, “You get her!” I look up and she is smiling with her one tooth. “Thanks guys!”
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
"She'd be great at starting an apple for me !"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Or for a Dental School project. Talk about a blank canvas, or nearly so!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
"She got summer teef!"

"Summer there, some aren't!"
You guys are killing me! LOL!

Old 07-29-2019, 05:47 PM

9,376 posts, read 6,995,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
We’re at a ballgame for his bday and when I get there he tells me he sat me next to his friend because we’re both single and thinks we’d be a good match.

I’m not a fan of being put on the spot like that but I’m like whatever. Im getting a rare opportunity for myself so let me see if I can take advantage of it.

I try to strike up a conversation with her asking her questions trying to open up a dialogue she gives one word answers to everything. She literally wants no part of the conversation. I try one more time later on same thing gives me nothing and turns around after answering like leave me alone.

It wasn’t like I was blatantly flirting with her I was simply trying to strike up a convo like a normal human being and nothing. It wasn’t like she was some beauty queen either she was halfway decent looking. Not somebody I’d notice when I’m out but still I was willing to see if there was anything there.

I guess if you’re unattractive some people won’t even want to have a convo with you? Lol.

This is why I don’t even try with woman at all because the few times I do i get treated like ****.

hmm sounds like the conversation was about as exciting as a baseball game.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:01 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,693,031 times
Quote:
How you came to that conclusion I have no idea.That wasn’t my point at all. I was using it as an example of how I wasn’t overly attracted to her but I figured since my friend put me in this weird spot I might as well be nice and see if we click.

When someone’s friendly with me I at least try to be friendly back. I guess that’s asking too much or entitlement.
Maybe she was just there to enjoy the game and her friend’s birthday. She didn’t want to be subjected to some line of questioning. A lot of people really do get annoyed when they go someplace and some people assume that just because there are two people who are there and single, they should be set up. It can get tedious. It doesn’t matter if you are gorgeous or below average...

Old 07-29-2019, 06:27 PM

185 posts, read 134,438 times
Since you were at a game, it is possible she wanted to enjoy the game and your attempts at conversating were bothering her. She was polite enough to respond at least. She could have also been uncomfortable.
Who knows really. You wanted to talk and she did not. I do not see how that makes her the things you said about her here.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:37 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,113,005 times
Quote:
Beleive me I learned first hand not too mistake friendliness for interest.

I just prefer that to not even wanting to have a convo. Maybe I was raised different in terms of how to treat people. I can’t imagine being that stuck up and full of myself.
By the way, I once had a woman say to me ...

"I was a ***** when I was younger. I wouldn't have talked to you."

And another female friend of mine once said to me...

"Those girls actually talk to you?"

Other similar stuff, but that's what comes to mind.

Of course, it was a long time ago, but yea, that kind of stuff happens. No female poster here will admit that they would not talk to unattractive guys, but there are/were a ... plenty.

Could she have been distracted? Possibly. But I also think it's funny that posters act like people like that don't exist. Granted, it's not as common when you get older, but still the same women...

Every time a woman is rude to a guy, it's ... "She was trying to watch the game." "Her grandfather died." "You made her uncomfortable." Lol...

Old 07-29-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
By the way, I once had a woman say to me ...

"I was a ***** when I was younger. I wouldn't have talked to you."

And another female friend of mine once said to me...

"Those girls actually talk to you?"

Other similar stuff, but that's what comes to mind.

Of course, it was a long time ago, but yea, that kind of stuff happens. No female poster here will admit that they would not talk to unattractive guys, but there are/were a ... plenty.

Could she have been distracted? Possibly. But I also think it's funny that posters act like people like that don't exist. Granted, it's not as common when you get older, but still the same women...

Every time a woman is rude to a guy, it's ... "She was trying to watch the game." "Her grandfather died." "You made her uncomfortable." Lol...
Because it doesn’t fit their agenda. Somehow it’s even being flipped on me that I’m entitled.

She was talkative enough to the people on the other side of her who she came with.

So yeah sure maybe her dog died or something but probably not.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:11 PM

1,257 posts, read 831,054 times
Quote:
She was talkative enough to the people on the other side of her who she came with.
Maybe she wanted to enjoy a ballgame with her friends, not have a conversation with a stranger.

Who was sitting on your other side?

Old 07-29-2019, 08:28 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,022,848 times
Quote:
Because it doesn’t fit their agenda. Somehow it’s even being flipped on me that I’m entitled.
The fact that you made a dig about her appearance proves it.

If you really were just being "friendly," why would you even mention that she was not a beauty queen??

Old 07-29-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
The fact that you made a dig about her appearance proves it.

If you really were just being "friendly," why would you even mention that she was not a beauty queen??
Once again it was the point that even though I wasn’t that attracted to her I figured since she was sitting next to me and my friend tried to set it up I’d at least try to strike a conversation up and see what happens.

I wasn’t gonna say nothing at all to her just because she’s not a beauty queen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships