Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 08:43 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000 View Post

All of us go through something similar at one point in our lives...you live, you learn and you move on....
If guys could only count the number of times we been used and discarded by some women just out for the sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 04:28 PM

50 posts, read 58,395 times
It was love not infactuation, just was not reciprocated fully by him which I suddenly found out.

It would have been a limit more than suitable for many other men. Though on this occasion it seems the sexual compatiblilty he was after was another level to what I had been led to believe.

And I believe he has found the next girl too, who must clearly like cloakrooms........ not much hanging around for him!!!

Yes you live and you learn. #Sigh# Thanks again everyone.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:35 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,253,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower888 View Post
It was love not infactuation, just was not reciprocated fully by him which I suddenly found out.

It would have been a limit more than suitable for many other men. Though on this occasion it seems the sexual compatiblilty he was after was another level to what I had been led to believe.

And I believe he has found the next girl too, who must clearly like cloakrooms........ not much hanging around for him!!!

Yes you live and you learn. #Sigh# Thanks again everyone.
London, eh? Here is one for ya! Hopefully it was the last time he will do that to you!

YouTube - The Last Time - Rolling Stones

Old 04-16-2010, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
If guys could only count the number of times we been used and discarded by some women just out for the sex.

LNTT_Vacationer, I'm sure there are a lot of women like myself who are NOT like that.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:44 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower888 View Post
LNTT_Vacationer, I'm sure there are a lot of women like myself who are NOT like that.

tongue-in-cheek While no one wants to see a pleasurable relationship end; I've never heard guy complaining afterwards about the being "used for sex" aspect. men and women are just drastically different; makes life fun and confusing. (I don't think you were used, in fact you stood up for how you felt and not a pushover.) best of luck!

Old 04-16-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
I don't think you were used, in fact you stood up for how you felt and not a pushover. best of luck!

Yes, just would have preferred the proper information to be discussed in an unselfish way and not break up on my birthday as a type of birthday surprise that I hadnt anticipated. Shame he was so unable to compromise. #Sigh#

But now with some of these replies...... it will help to move on.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:15 PM

181 posts, read 322,849 times
This guy is a creep. Who breaks up with someone on their birthday? Oh, I know! A D-bag. When you feel all sad, remember the bad stuff he did to you. He is not good enough for you. You need to cope with your sadness by keeping your mind busy, go to the gym, grow a garden, listen to happy music, put a picture of his lame face on a punching bag and burn some calories!

Old 04-17-2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgoldilocks View Post
by keeping your mind busy
Thanks cdgolilocks. It's been tough to keep my mind busy as my mind ends up just analysing and keep wondering about the unanswered questions, etc.

Other annoying thing is each birthday now I will always remember that. When he didnt need to have done that to me, so selfish and thoughtless towards me.

It's tough, but am getting there.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:19 AM

805 posts, read 1,510,304 times
Sunflower,

This happens a lot more often and to a lot more women than you think. So you are not alone. Hopefully you'll learn to be happy that you stuck to your guns, because compromising yourself would've only made you feel worse, believe me.

We often place the fantasy of our ideal love over the man we are with, when there is no resemblance. Then reality sets in, and we are shell-shocked. The reason we are shocked is because all the time we were in love with our own fantasy, and we ignored the red flags. Over time, you will learn what the red flags are, and pay attention to them. This way, you will be able to gracefully exit without getting hurt.

I know you felt love for him, and I am not going to argue against it. But you definitely had some kind of fantasy picture in your mind during the time you were dating him, unless he is a clever imposter and superb actor, and couldn't keep up with the pretense anymore.

Pain is one way of learning. And I'm sorry you have to learn this the hard way. But somehow we all do. This is a painful but valuable lesson, and I guarantee next time you won't be used this way again.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:53 PM

Default Hi

Hi

It's been very tough and some days I find it really hard to think that I may never see him again when I thought we'd be at least friends, as there was not reason not to be.

Also, just the not knowing has been awful, when someone refuses to meet to talk and discuss it all through. Making the decision for both of us without really talking to me.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships