Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 05:07 PM

50 posts, read 58,459 times

Advertisements

Hi, there are two main books by them:

i) Boundaries in Dating: Making Dating Work
ii) Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No, to Take Control of Your Life

Any idea which is the correct one? or is the 2nd just about general life, not just dating?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 12:50 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,744,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower888 View Post
Hi, there are two main books by them:

i) Boundaries in Dating: Making Dating Work
ii) Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No, to Take Control of Your Life

Any idea which is the correct one? or is the 2nd just about general life, not just dating?

Thanks.
The first one is specific to romantic relationships. The second one deals with spouses, co-workers, kids, your other relationships. The kind of assertiveness and communication skills the books deal with are more or less the same. If you think your problem is severe, take a break from dating and start a program on yourself with the second book. It'll help you later on when you start dating again.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:59 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,617,119 times
yes my usual rule of thumb is i put a mirror up to them when they are not looking to see if there is a reflection.

Old 05-08-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you were in love with the man you thought he was not the man he really was. don't waste another moment of your time thinkink about someone not man enough for a real relationship.

Thank you. hothulamaui.

Old 05-08-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
yes my usual rule of thumb is i put a mirror up to them when they are not looking to see if there is a reflection.
Hi, I dont understand what you mean?

Old 05-08-2010, 06:30 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,121,985 times
How long did you date this guy? Have you known him for quite a long time? Did he ever say he wanted to marry you?

Old 05-09-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
How long did you date this guy? Have you known him for quite a long time? Did he ever say he wanted to marry you?
Dated him for 3.5yrs with one bit of on-off from him. No he never mentioned marriage aside from at the very beginning. Was I played?.... Anything is possible.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:10 PM

147 posts, read 297,229 times
Quote:
Dated him for 3.5yrs with one bit of on-off from him. No he never mentioned marriage aside from at the very beginning. Was I played?.... Anything is possible.
Yes, you were played. If you aren't together now then you weren't meant to be together. If he wanted to be with you forever he would do anything to make it work. You can continue to stress about why what happened happened or you can realize it isn't worth your time. Move on.

True love cannot be found where it does not exist, nor can it be hidden when it truly does.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:23 PM

18,271 posts, read 14,478,104 times
Let me ask you something. If you could somehow force him to be with you, would you? Why or why not?

Old 05-10-2010, 06:11 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,157,816 times
Quote:
Hi, I am just so sad, down and low, as I deeply loved him. Feel so awful now, so bad and stuck and part of it is not knowing the true reality.
Happens to most people. Learn from it and move on. You'll love again.

Women do it to men all the time. It sucks barbwire. A**holes are all around us.

But try to learn from it and gain some wisdom and insight. You'll be a better, stronger person by having gone through it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships